Daily Check-In

Replies

• shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    onemoc wrote: »
    So I used to track everything once upon a time, lost a good deal of weight. Took a nice paying gig (still have it) but didn't keep up the good habits. So I am 20 lbs heavier, recovering from a mania that could have been less severe if I had maintained my sleep schedule, and ready to get my health back. The steps for today is limiting myself to 2 pots of coffee; hitting the y; working a split; and playing with new found electronics for health.

Job makes it tough, I can relate. I am strangely losing my taste for coffee; SO and I split a pot in big chili mugs and lately after I have one I really don't want anymore. He's not complaining.

• JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    shiftynj wrote: »
    w00t. 9.6 pounds down, 10.4 to go, but I suspect it will not be enough. Survived dinner at Grandma's without a setback, especially since she heard what I was doing and made efforts to accommodate.

I don't think I've ever survived dinner at grandma's, seems like the less you eat the more they try to feed you! Grandma's guilt is no joke.
  • vivelabookworm
    vivelabookworm Posts: 5 Member
    @onemoc I know the feeling. I gained a good 10 lbs when I started my current job, but good for you for making smart, attainable goals and getting out there.

Thanks @smurfette2139 and @Gloria67648 ! Today has been a good day so far in terms of MFP. I had a great spin class this morning and I was so pumped afterwards. I'm excited to get back to BodyPump tomorrow. I usually go on Saturdays, but couldn't last week. Hope everyone's day is going well!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj wrote: »
    w00t. 9.6 pounds down, 10.4 to go, but I suspect it will not be enough. Survived dinner at Grandma's without a setback, especially since she heard what I was doing and made efforts to accommodate.

I don't think I've ever survived dinner at grandma's, seems like the less you eat the more they try to feed you! Grandma's guilt is no joke.

Well this is my SO's grandmother, not mine (so not Italian) heard about my efforts and cooked steamed brussels sprouts and served fruit salad for dessert instead of cake. I don't know how happy everybody else was, but it worked for me LOL.

But you are quite right. I remember going to my cousin's wedding, in my leanest shape ever, and finding out there was a rumor at the old folks' table that I was dying.
  • zeroh13
    zeroh13 Posts: 19 Member
    I ate waaay too much at lunch today, and now I'm over my calorie limit and I haven't even had dinner yet. :(
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Not having the best day - really need to eat and only want things that are not particularly healthy. The only thing saving me from immediately getting any of those things, is I'm lazy. Didn't make it to the gym today either. Tomorrow I work all day, far from home, then traveling further afield to see the Momcat - haven't seen her since January. Maybe if we get back in time on Sunday, I can hit the gym that day.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Good to see so many check-ins here today. It's been a meh week. But they come and they go. Tomorrow is another day.

I noticed at 11:55 that I was 500 steps away from my step goal so I got up and did em. And then cooled down. That was fun.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Howdy all! Good you did those remaining steps Gloria! I wanted to do that too last night (was out with a friend) but suddenly it was past midnight (didn't realize how late it was) so the counter already reseted. But today I'm walking quite a bit...going to a BBQ next town and instead of driving, I will walk over there!

Hope everybody has a great sunday!
  • ossadsf
    ossadsf Posts: 12 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new here & new to mfp as well. My goals are first to get back up to a healthy weight & then work on getting stronger. Today's going pretty well in terms of how I'm feeling - the sun's back out after a cold & stormy week, some of my veggies are getting close to harvest, and I managed to get up early & get some reading done for a project I'm working on. I even went out for a nice bike ride. But I'm definitely not on track with my eating goals, especially with the exercise factored in. However, I've got dinner plans tomorrow, so that'll probably help get me back on track.

Hope everyone's day is going well!
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Messed up big time today. Naturally I used the "excuse" of Mothers Day and family get togethers. Still, I was the one that made the choices of what to eat.....and how much. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day!
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Shoulda, coulda gone to the gym on Friday, but didn't. Saturday was working out of town all day, then headed further south to see my Momcat. Then, we hung out a longish time today, so didn't get back in time (or with energy) for the gym. Sunday's are usually the day I start my next week of NROL4W. Oh well. Will try to get up super early tomorrow or squeeze it in between meetings and clients (barring no emergencies!).
  • lesleyjclark
    lesleyjclark Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone ... I'm new to the group and new to MFP. Just started using it to get on the Keto train. So far so good. Started back running this morning after a long barren spell. I'm blaming work but it's a lame excuse :). Desperately want to get back in shape and lose a few pounds before my big summer European adventure. Looking for Keto and or Paleo friends ... I love seeing what everyone is munching on :)
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Well, I had a great visit from my dad and sister (their first time to St. Louis). We had so much fun but ate mostly restaurant meals and I didn't even try to log. My weight is up over 10 pounds this morning! I know a lot of that is water weight and will go away but still, it's scary how fast the numbers can go up.

My shallow reasons that are motivating me to lose more weight right now: I bought a pretty new dress for a friend's wedding at the end of June, and it's a little snug and I want to look GOOD. Also, I applied to be on House Hunters (my wife and I are buying our first house), and they contacted me about possibly being on the show. I don't know if we're really going to do it (I have mixed feelings about appearing on a TV show documenting our search for a new house), but if we are, I want to be at a more reasonable weight! What do they say, the TV camera adds 15 pounds or something like that?

Have a great Monday, everyone!
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    rebolaugh- Good luck with the House Hunters thing! I think I would be too nervous..

Today has been going pretty well. Except I keep going over on sugar. Even though some of it is fruit, not all of it is.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Hello all!
    It was a wonderful Mothers Day. Brunch with the kids and lots of sugar. I didn't log all of the sugary treats yesterday. Full disclosure. But I did mark a nice big O on the calendar for over.

I read a great article this week on successfully lowering the set point. It recommends losing 10% of body weight and then working to hold that for 6 months before working to lose 10% more and then so on and so on. Which is NOT how I have been doing it for what seems like the last bajillion years. It's been too many years. so that's my goal now. Its not unlike going back to school to get a degree. One class at a time one semester at a time. One test at a time. Bite-size chunks seem far less daunting than the whole grand amount.

Welcome ossadsf & lesleyjclark!

schneizilla I like how fitbit encourages me to walk farther. I checked it a bit again and it was 1000 steps away. It it had been more I wouldn't have but 1000 - hey. Why not.

rebolaugh they do say that but just do it anyway. It sounds like fun.

• vivelabookworm
    vivelabookworm Posts: 5 Member
    Spin was great this morning. There is a new girl who subbed in for the regular instructor, and she was FABULOUS. Nothing against the regular guy. It's just nice to mix things up. Of course, I overstepped a little with my coffee this morning :s Still have 600 calories for today though (I like to log my lunch with my breakfast so that I stop myself from unnecessary snacking, etc.), so it's not awful.

Hope all of the moms, moms-to-be, mom-type-figures had a great day this weekend! And welcome @ossadsf & @lesleyjclark

@rebolaugh good luck with House Hunters! I also have a wedding in June that I'm trying to look good for! Same dress sitch. Let's go for it, girl! :)
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Hello all!
    I
    I read a great article this week on successfully lowering the set point. It recommends losing 10% of body weight and then working to hold that for 6 months before working to lose 10% more and then so on and so on. Which is NOT how I have been doing it for what seems like the last bajillion years. It's been too many years. so that's my goal now. Its not unlike going back to school to get a degree. One class at a time one semester at a time. One test at a time. Bite-size chunks seem far less daunting than the whole grand amount.

I like your "one class at a time" comparison. That's a really good way to think about it!

• rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    Hello everyone! New to the group and looking for support and motivation! I've been on MFP for years, up and down weight loss, but this time trying to set a new life style change. Looking forward to daily updates and getting to know everyone through this discussion post.

A little about myself. I live in the Bay Area, California. I have a daughter who goes to college in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have a new administrative career in senior home health care. My 50th birthday is rapidly approaching. I'd like to feel comfortable in my body and so far I haven't found what that is but I'm really tired of the 10 lbs. lost brick wall I keep hitting.

Thanks for reading! :)
  • shiftynj
    Today has not been a good day so far. I went to the hospital to get a bone scan.. Well its one thing that I weigh too much for the machine but when the tech found out about me being called a female name his attitude and everything changed. I felt so humiliated and he just seemed to have a complete loathing to me. While i was walking out of the hospital i was in tears. a nice lady took me down to the Quality office and they took my complaint but I should never have had to deal with that,

I am SO sorry that you had to deal with that. Good on you for filing a complaint! It is unfortunate that some people are very narrow in their world view.

Ugh, agreed, and if that is how they feel they should not have jobs in patient care.
  • shiftynj
    Went back to the gym yesterday after training at home for a while. It was high school gym class all over again, with a bunch of young he-men being loud, and dominating the place. I minded my own business and did my thing, when in the middle of a set I start to hear... is that Whitney Houston? over the thumping dance music competing with three different TV channels. I sat up just in time to see one big buff dude carrying a little amp like he was Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything, rush out of the boxing room and over to his buddy just in time to belt out "Annd EEEEEEEYYYEEE will always LOOOVEEE YOUUU!!!!" They were (I assume) just goofing around, but it was pretty funny. Who said flash mobs were dead?