Daily Goals vs The Gremlins

Options

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    No worries Nikki, special occasions are always tough. Now, we know the next day to get back on track b/c one day won't derail us.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping those gremlins at bay for 3/4 of my goals. My fitbit step goal let me down last week - I aimed for 70,000 steps and ended up about 54000 so this week I plan to move more.
    Happy with the not eating in the car goal. It's a bad habit that has to go.

Hope everyone is getting stuck in. Good luck this week
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've added a "Food" >:) Gremlin category to my daily log.

I now have breakfast, lunch, dinner and the Gremlins. >:)

If I have to log something under the Gremlins to me means I didn't plan to eat it. Goal is to reduce the Gremlin entries and refocus on preplanning meals and caloric intake.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I've added a "Food" >:) Gremlin category to my daily log.

I now have breakfast, lunch, dinner and the Gremlins. >:)

If I have to log something under the Gremlins to me means I didn't plan to eat it. Goal is to reduce the Gremlin entries and refocus on preplanning meals and caloric intake.

^^^ I love that idea. I'm going to do the same. I think I will still leave a snack category, but only for those I plan ahead.

May 17

Me: 15
    Gremlins: 2*

Two Sundays in a row they got to me. Too much free time is not good for me defeating those slimy little parasites! I do better when I have more activities taking up my evenings. :neutral:
  • marekdds
    Options
    Weekends are hard. I plan the week very well, but the weekends I tend to do on the fly. sometimes it works well, sometimes not.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Yea Nikki I feel for you. Events like that were there is so much open food you have no control over are the toughest. The only suggestion I have is to ask ahead what will be served and then prelog as much as possible. It gives you permission to have some of what you like and can help keep those damn gremlins in their place.

If I called my cousin, the Sainted and Beleaguered Mother of the Bride, to ask what the menu was ahead of time I think she would have spun her head around like Linda Blair in The Exorcist and , like a true Italian Mama, would have told me to eat whatever they were having and shut up about it. LOL. What I honestly have to train myself to do is eat something before these affairs and if stuff doesn't taste good, like the salty pasta, stop eating it. The wedding is in August and is going to be the Italian version of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding.". That day MFP won't exist. Because while I am an occasional saint, I am no martyr.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Actually, eating before you go to an event is a good idea. You certainly eat less when you don't arrive hungry. When presented with endless amounts of food, I tell myself that I am worth more that whatever that food costs. Helps counter the "clean your plate syndrome" I was raised on.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 18

Me 2
    Gremlins 2

I went over my calories again and ate my food as if being chased by food thieves. Rough week so far.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 18

Me: 16*
    Gremlins: 2

Back on track! I did add a Gremlins category to my meal list, hoping to consistently have nothing in it. >:)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 19

Me: 17*
  • BRaye325
    Options
    an1lsh.jpg
  • huraiva
    huraiva Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh! I like this! I am all about silliness. I have renamed most of my meals and added in Gremlins
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 19

Me 3
    Gremlins 1

May 20

Me 2
    Gremlins 2

Little beasties.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    huraiva wrote: »
    Oh! I like this! I am all about silliness. I have renamed most of my meals and added in Gremlins

Silliness is our specialty, welcome aboard!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 20

Me: 18*

Had quite a challenge last night. We hosted a 30th birthday party for our second daughter. With me grilling burgers for the famous Raye Burger Bar and having all the fixin's and of course cake & ice cream. I did really well, pre-logged, hosting let us have lots of healthy choices available. I stayed within my calories and had a wonderful time with the family!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    ddm1cj.jpg
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Evil things, Bill, evil things.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I added gremlins to my diary page-it will be eye-opening to see how many calories I eat each day that I did not plan on!
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Yea Nikki I feel for you. Events like that were there is so much open food you have no control over are the toughest. The only suggestion I have is to ask ahead what will be served and then prelog as much as possible. It gives you permission to have some of what you like and can help keep those damn gremlins in their place.

If I called my cousin, the Sainted and Beleaguered Mother of the Bride, to ask what the menu was ahead of time I think she would have spun her head around like Linda Blair in The Exorcist and , like a true Italian Mama, would have told me to eat whatever they were having and shut up about it. LOL. What I honestly have to train myself to do is eat something before these affairs and if stuff doesn't taste good, like the salty pasta, stop eating it. The wedding is in August and is going to be the Italian version of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding.". That day MFP won't exist. Because while I am an occasional saint, I am no martyr.
    I love that movie. Wish I owned a copy.

• heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options