BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    For me it is taking time out of the day to exercise. Seems the more I exercise the less I snack on junk in the evenings. When I was younger I did a lot of team sports and stayed in shape and as I got older and moved I found it hard to find team sports. I was on a fun golf league until I moved and then after I hurt my shoulder I really can't golf or bowl. Never been one to go to the gym or exercise just to exercise. I actually did enjoy walking last year before it got cold so will try to do at least 20 min per day. Monday I managed to walk about 20 min so will try to get in a walk each day this week!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, how is the walking going? You did a great job last week. Keep up the good work. I was thinking about your not liking to exercise just to exercise.....Do you do any strength training?? It kinda of exercising to exercising, but there is something about getting stronger and seeing that muscle tone that is rewarding to me. It is also easy to do at home, working around helping kids with homework, etc.
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am so sorry for not being more active on the boards! Crazy Craziness all around. :)

Hmmm. I know my biggest weakness is that I let my alter ego Binge Ho come out more than she should. I will just eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more.. and it's usually because I have caved for my need for junk food. *sigh* I wonder if I will ever get over my "need" for a junk food fix. I love big macs... I wont' even lie about it. I love McDonalds and the Big Mac is a HUGE weakness of mine!
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    I need to get my strength training in. Right now I am working very hard to stay in calorie mode. I stepped on the scale today and it flashed 162! YAY! Now I just need to hang on until weigh in! ;)
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Luv your sense of humor Melissa! My weakness is baked goods- from the bakery, mine, wherever. Let's keep off of the junk the next three days and have good weigh-ins!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Hi! Did pretty good walking this week but I do need to step it up and do some strength training. Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions Amy! What do you all do for strength training. Hope you get to 162 for the weigh in Melissa! Thinking about trying a squat challenge or something for next week!
  • librarydogmom
    librarydogmom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've had a week of meals out, meals actually cooked (as opposed to frozen low-cal dinners), and snacks not usually in the house. Of course, the scales show the results. I always log the food, good or bad, to the best of my ability as far as accuracy, but I'm wanting to eat late at night and don't complete the day until nearly midnight. So, it's not under my calorie goal as often as it should be. Interesting reading the above comments. I don't feel alone and only wish I could get a certain friend or two to start logging on MFP, too.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    The good news is... I hit 161! Toot toot!!! The bad news? After I weighed in, had a day working in the yard and other chores, binge ho struck again. *sigh* Nuddin can be done now. *facepalm* So. Now I feel gross. Jeffrey and I just totally pigged out on bad stuff and we don't even know why. Because we wanted to I suppose. This morning I looked at him as he was waiting for the bus and said, "I feel gross. My stomach hurts, and I may never eat again.". He laughed and said, "Me too!". And then he ate his sausage egg and cheese biscuit. LOL

I guess my son and I learned a great lesson.... eating so good for so long then pigging out on junk made us both feel horrible. I need to remember that feeling more often! oy Vey! I still don't want to eat. My coffee made me FULL. And I need my coffee especially on a monday morning! So if ever a need to ride the bike, this would be it. I'm hoping I can sweat some of this belly bloat off. YuckO! Gonna hang on to this feeling the next time Binge Ho wants to make an appearance. My stomach is not right this morning. And I still need more coffee. ;)
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    She whined. B)
  • julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop by the blue team and say hi. Amazing losses you guys - keep it going :smile:
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Let's go Blue!!!
  • librarydogmom
    Options
    Hey, coopscoopc...I understand totally your above note. I actually hit 151 for a few minutes! Then it seems to cause more eating out and/or cooking and/or snacking. And you're right, it doesn't feel good. But it tastes good. :o oh well, these pounds will come off soon, I guess.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Congrats on the 161 Melissa!!!

Librarydogmom- I am totally with you. I have him 127 many times and within a day if not minutes, I am gaining. I do not understand the power of a silly number! Ahhhhhhh! Keep getting stuck in this rut and feel crappy right now. Guess that means it is time to turn this ship around!!

Sarah- I do lots of combo moves: lunges and squats combined with arms curls and flys, then push-ups. I use dumb-bells mostly. I use the stretchy bands for some more curls, and for lats. I wrap it around my treadmill and can do a combo lat and squat. Have a swiss ball to help with core while doing presses or overhead tricep curls. I really like the 30 day shred (jillian micheals) and those types of work-outs, but I can't do the jumping with my hamstring injury. So, sometimes I will do those and modify them.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not been quiet. Been busy with my garden and working. I tried a diff hormone patch and it really set me off balance. Thought I would try to stick with it but should have realized sooner it was def not working for me. Now thinking it will take a while to get back to "normal" I forgot to weigh in this weekend so will do that in the morning but as weird as it sounds I have been weighing more in the mornings than I do at night sometimes. Not sure what is up with that. Thanks for the info Amy. I do like the 30 day shred also but have not done that since I hurt my shoulder last year. Great Job Hitting 161 Melissa! WOOT! Hi Julia! Great job Gloria for always logging your food! We will have a short week so let's make it count! Go Blue!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Any word on another challenge after this one?
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I am going on vacation the first two weeks in so I won't be able to be in one but maybe when I get back I could.
  • librarydogmom
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yay! I made it back down to 151 today. Maybe I'll be able to hang on to it more than a few hours, lol. I'm barely below starting weight for this challenge, but the charts have kept me more aware and helped me keep trying when I gained 3 lbs at one point. June is the month of birthdays, July has trips, August has our 52nd anniversary ... And so it goes.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Hey blue team!!! How is everyone doing???? I am back at it with a vengeance this week..... I had a wild ride of emotional eating and I knew what was going on and I just didn't care..... well until I saw the damage on the scale. Oy Vei! *facepalm*

I will be at a solid 158 by the end of June... that is 1 pound per week and I am going to do it. Yesterday I got on a bike to warm up - 5 minutes - then I did a 20 minute strength routine. I have not got in the pool yet because it is soooooo cold still. We get one good week of normal temps, then the next week is in the high 60s. low 70s. I'm never getting it warm this way and the solar cover is a pain in my rear! lol I wish the hot tub was big enough I could tie my self to the side and start swimming. Now there's a visual isn't there? ;)

Keep going everyone!! We still have time to hit our goals!

I would love to have a new challenge..I'm in if we have another! This definitely keeps me focused!
  • librarydogmom
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tuesday has been my personal weigh-in day for the past 6 years, & I'm thrilled to say I got to 150.6 today, which is a little lower than Sunday's weight from this challenge and more than 2 lbs less than last Tuesday! It's been a time of up-and-down eating but apparently jerked my body into paying attention. Now, if only the low weight won't make me want to eat more. Weird how that usually happens.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Good job Librarydogmom!! It is strange how that scale messes with the head. If it is up or down too much, trouble is right around the corned.

Well, I am happy to say that I am back on things and determined to make a dent this week. I have had two awesome days and plans for 5 more. Weather was perfect for a long bike ride this weekend. My legs still feel it now but that is a good thing!

I am up for another challenge too....