Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a Samsung too, I put it in my arm band :) I completed W5D1 today. It was drizzling, I forced myself out and was glad that I did! I completed my run and was back home before the rain. It was really quite in the park, just a few runners. I guess that makes me one too! :)
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've been avoiding w5d3 all since friday :/ My plan is to do it tonight. Not think about it and just do it. I told myself I wouldn't let this happen, but here I am.... AGAIN. Did anyone else feel this way about w5d3 and how did you get over it?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've been avoiding w5d3 all since friday :/ My plan is to do it tonight. Not think about it and just do it. I told myself I wouldn't let this happen, but here I am.... AGAIN. Did anyone else feel this way about w5d3 and how did you get over it?

Just do it! Your body is ready for this. Convince your mind that it is too! Take it slow, slow down even more if you feel like you want to quit. Just keep telling yourself you can do it!
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just started the c25k and completed w1d1 today. I feel pretty good. I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but it'll be a good sore. I just hope I can keep this up. I really want to get to the end of the program!
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    W9D2 today, 1 run left till graduation :) had to do some serious self talk to keep going this morning !! I was thinking I must be tired or run down ( new job great but some days the brain stretch is exhausting) I went bit further than my marker today and was puzzled till I got home and downloaded the run, no wonder I was struggling, I was running almost 30 seconds faster per km!! Sure did not feel like but huh, there you go. Will have run out of sequence this week, can't do Friday as scheduled, will have to finish up on Saturday bugger it...
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 6 day 2. Wouldn't say I killed it, but I completed it. Today was the first time so far in the program that I have had a side cramp, which stunk, but I was able to keep running very slowly to finish. I also took my dog for the first time since week 3- when the runs started getting tougher, I stopped bringing him thinking that I needed to concentrate on what I was doing. He was a bit of a pan today, but is very hyper and needs the exercise, so I will try to continue to bring him with me. I think I am looking forward to Day 3 and beyond; I think the intervals are getting a little annoying, and almost feel harder than the 20 min straight run did. Oh, I also registered for my first 5k in 22 years, which is being held at a conference that I am going to the day after I finish the C25K program. I'm already worrying about it, because it is being held at a ski resort, so I'm pretty sure that the course will be much hillier than I am used to, but I am ready to give it a shot!
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm back to W2D2 today. I'm hoping I wont start and stop anymore, I have a 5k in August and September!
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Done day 2 of week 5. Feel completely ready for day 3! It was very cool to run through the segments where I had walked in the previous weeks. I had a big smile on my face when the app prompted me to cool down. So exciting!
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    @KRPolo - WTG! Sounds like you are definitely ready for straight runs. I hope I'm that ready when I start w6.

@cheliebee - take it one run at a time. Give yourself credit for not quitting :smile:

@Maggiekat - that's awesome that your're feel ready for w5d3. I've been avoiding it. I'm going to give it a shot tonight for sure!!!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just go in from completing W5D2. Yes! :D

I paced myself, ran at a fairly slow and steady pace and was amazed when my running buddy began the 15 seconds countdown before walking- I felt I could have easily carried on for another 5 minutes each time.

I feel amazing, especially when I look back and remember how difficult I imagined ever getting past the first week would be. It would have been so much easier to just quit after the my pathetic W1D1 attempt, when I sprinted like a lunatic and made myself feel ill, blame my bad legs, sore back, blood group, wrong type of rain etc.

I think I am starting to understand what people on here are referring to when they write about the mental/ psychological side of running. I'm beginning to realise my body is capable of doing much more than I give it credit for.

In short- I won't let the voices in my head tell me I'm not good enough, or that quitting is okay. I am AWESOME :D
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    In short- I won't let the voices in my head tell me I'm not good enough, or that quitting is okay. I am AWESOME :D

Yep you are! and so is everyone else working through the program :D
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @fit4life_73 - did you try day three yet? if you wait for friday we could finish it together and @worldsworstsuperhero is probably also due to complete her w5d3 that day too!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 finished. Feeling awesome running for 3 minutes continuously.✌
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Complete newbie to this, W1D2 and i'm a little daunted as i'm still aching from my first outing on Tuesday! But I will stick with it, i've read up on the tips and I will slow my pace down much more this time and see if that helps. I'll get there in the end by taking it nice and slow. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just go in from completing W5D2. Yes! :D

I paced myself, ran at a fairly slow and steady pace and was amazed when my running buddy began the 15 seconds countdown before walking- I felt I could have easily carried on for another 5 minutes each time.

I feel amazing, especially when I look back and remember how difficult I imagined ever getting past the first week would be. It would have been so much easier to just quit after the my pathetic W1D1 attempt, when I sprinted like a lunatic and made myself feel ill, blame my bad legs, sore back, blood group, wrong type of rain etc.

I think I am starting to understand what people on here are referring to when they write about the mental/ psychological side of running. I'm beginning to realise my body is capable of doing much more than I give it credit for.

<3
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    @fit4life_73 - did you try day three yet? if you wait for friday we could finish it together and @worldsworstsuperhero is probably also due to complete her w5d3 that day too!

Yes, Friday evening it is for W5D3. I just have to get my head around it and keep telling myself I can do it.
    And remember to wash my running gear tonight. I left it in my gym bag and now it REEKS :open_mouth:

• fit4life_73
    Options
    W5D3 is history!!!! I was nervous about running tonight because I haven't ran since last week. Reading everyones posts really inspired me to challenge myself. I've been doing the program by distance instead of time. But today I told myself that I would at least do the 20 minute run if I couldn't go the distance. I usually run at 5.0. I wasn't sure if I could keep up that speed the entire time. So I told myself not to worry about speed and focus on the run. Needless to say, I varied my speed a couple of times throughout the run. When I got to the 20 minute mark, I was 1.5 miles into the run. I really pushed myself the last half mile. I kept thinking about that feeling of accomplishment that I have grown to love in the prior weeks. I finished the 2 mile run in just under 25 minutes. I haven't run 2 miles straight since I was running track in high school. Today was the first time I got the stitch in my side while running. This was another reason why slowed down a little.

@maggiek07 and @worldsworstsuperhero - I read your posts this evening but I had already decided I was going to do this today. I had to go while the feeling was right. But we are right there with each other. Good luck on your runs tomorrow. I know you both will do just fine.
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D2! I'm only on the second day, but it already felt easier. :smile:
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So, after W4D3 this morning, that's week 4 done and dusted for me :smile:

I've had to alter my route to give me a little more distance, but it's a nice route via some bridle paths and a common. Problem is that some of it is quite rough ground and slightly hilly, but then again, it's difficult to find somewhere flat near where I live. Running up the hills isn't too bad, but there's one particular downhill bit (on road), which, I find really difficult. Certainly for week 4, that particular bit coincided almost exactly with Laura telling me to start my 3rd run...

It's the dreaded week 5 next, although I'm kinda looking forward to it (I can say that now as I have the weekend to recover!).

• JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 done! Wahoo! Be my friend!