Anyone fancy a June accountability challenge?

Options

Replies

• bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oh hey I'm super late but I think I'll join up!

My June goals are to...

[ ] Run Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday mornings
    [ ] Start StrongLifts (has to wait until I get my ID card but AS SOON AS I DO)
    [ ] Buy and USE a water bottle

Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Haha.

Ha.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    6/5-drink more fluids.
    Oops, I forgot to check back in! That went well, I finished 1/2 sports bottle of tea. Yumm!
    Today I need to learn to manage pain a little better than I normally do.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Ok, that was a flop. No real pain arrived for me to manage, although chronic flareups are normal for me. That's good, I guess.
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/7-manage stress/anger healthfully.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Ran another 5km (my fastest since being injured!) at the weekend but that's all I did. I felt completely exhausted, I think maybe I ate too little last week as a big burger seemed to fix me right up! So back to it today, hooping and some home fitness, then running again tomorrow :) buying new running shoes tonight, yay!
  • zcb94
    Options
    I did that. Now to stretch a little bit today.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Monday of running a complete, no small thanks to this group! I said I'd do it but my alarm was too soft with the fans on. Good thing I spelt through it on an early day! But rather than giving up on my run I just ran after work. Thanks invisible pressure monkeys!
  • zcb94
    Options
    I did that. Now to stretch a little bit today.
    No formal stretching accomplished but I fidgeted a little, so that helped. I'll just go ahead and post, before I forget, my goal tomorrow to do something about my constant illness-induced blues as of late. Wish me luck!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/9-like I said yesterday, deal with the gray cloud above my head lately.
  • louubelle16
    Options
    I have shin splints again (only the very slight ache at the moment, it's not really pain yet) so I'm stuck resting for a week. Just as I was getting good again, can't believe it! I've been so good to rehab after my last set of injuries :'( I'm hoping that I've caught it early this time and a week off will be enough. Grrrrr!
  • zcb94
    edited June 2015
    Options
    While not fully dissolved/away from me, I did get it to shrink a lot by chatting with family and doctor, and getting out into the sun intermittently. That's good news!
    I guess today's goal should be a continuation of that.

Sorry to hear that, Louubelle! :flowerforyou:
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join for the June challenge?
    My goals are to:
    1. Not snack after 9 pm.
    2. Not snack in between meals. (Do you see a pattern developing??)
    3. Try to walk at least 5,000 steps a day.

I have been trying to work on these goals for the last couple months, but it isn't working very well, hoping that posting on here will help keep me more accountable.
  • zcb94
    Options
    While not fully dissolved/away from me, I did get it to shrink a lot by chatting with family and doctor, and getting out into the sun intermittently. That's good news!
    I guess today's goal should be a continuation of that.

Sorry to hear that, Louubelle! :flowerforyou:
    Ugh. Fail! In fact, I think I feel worse. Stupid summertime blues!
  • louubelle16
    Options

Not a fail, it did lift for a bit! Don't beat yourself up :)

So I'm going back to it today, some light jogging with the kids (I'm a primary school teacher and we have cross country running today) and then some elliptical at the gym this evening. Got to earn some extra calories for the weekend!!

• C1C2C3
    Options
    Was about 1,200 steps shy of my goal but did not snack at all in between meals or after 9 pm. While I'm happy about that, I know myself all too well...the first day is always good...if two weeks from now I can say I haven't snacked in between meals, then I will be really happy!!

Zcb94: I greatly admire how you are trying to keep positive in a trying situation! Keep it up! :-)

Louubelle16: Hope your shin splints heal quickly! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Go for those extra calories! :-)
  • zcb94
    Options

Not a fail, it did lift for a bit! Don't beat yourself up :)

You've got a point there. Still, illness as severe as mine was, combined with West Texas heat, will pop even the biggest joy-baloon!
    What're you up to that would require extra calorie room? Sounds like fun!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/11-get thru home wound-care, stay cool despite the pre-summer heat wave we're having.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Man, I keep forgetting to check in before bed! :ohwell: Yesterday was pretty much a success, as I beat the heat. Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
  • C1C2C3
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yesterday only got around 2,300 steps in yesterday. :( I have an desk job so trying to get in 5,000 steps is a challenge! No snacking after 9. :) I did have one extra snack than I normally do, but I didn't raiding the fridge or pantry for anything in sight, so I'm ok with it.
    Man, I keep forgetting to check in before bed! :ohwell: Yesterday was pretty much a success, as I beat the heat.
    Glad you had a successful day yesterday! :)
    Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
    Always a good idea! :) "I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth" Psalm 34:1 There are so many things to praise God for!

• zcb94
    Options
    Today, I realize that I should draw nearer to the best Source of joy, spending the day in praise of my God.
    Got distracted from formal worship but, overall, mission accomplished, especially when a great rain rehydrated us and left this gorgeous almost-double-rainbow:t3dz0xpu3wnz.jpg