Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D2 last night. It seemed to go a little easier than W3D1, guess I was more focused on hitting the ground with a mid-foot strike, rather than heel first. Focusing on my form is a good way to distract my mind and helps prevent injury, I hope :)
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday. After many tries to do the program, I was proud of yesterday's w1d1. I only wanted to die after round 7 of 8. Small victories. :)

Hi fellow newbie! Just think - when you do W1D2, you'll get to at least round 8 of 8 before wanting to die! :smiley:
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D2 last night. I would be lying if I said it was easy. The first 10 minutes were....ok...the second 10 min. interval was much more difficult. I did it without stopping or walking but it took A LOT of mental butt kicking to not give up. The last 4 minutes of it were killer!! lol Tomorrow will prove to be interesting.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, week 5, day 1 this morning..... found it ok, but need to improve my pace if I am going to do a 5k in under 40mins. My plan is showing that I am doing 11.5 min miles at the moment, so I am hoping that with more running and less walking, this will improve. Only 4 weeks to the race...... I hope I can do it. Scary to think that I may be able to run for 30 + mins..............
    I started with the goal of 12 min miles. I was able to keep it up until w5d3. I had to slow down a tad bit during the run. My avg speed was 12.5. Week 6 I could do 12 min mile until w6d3
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My post cut off again
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done. Slow but good.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday. After many tries to do the program, I was proud of yesterday's w1d1. I only wanted to die after round 7 of 8. Small victories. :)

Slow down, there is no need to feel like dying, check the ego at the start of the session. It will help you in the end. Too fast will lead to frustration and injury. If you can't have a conversation during the run phase you are going too fast. You need to get your body used to running, slow and steady gets results on this programme. Enjoy your journey
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done. I ran on a blister, though, so W6D3 may not be for a few more days.
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 last night. That's the first time in a while I've been able to complete a whole run - in fact I was stuck on week 4 for a few rounds.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Finished my last run of week 7! I ran a different direction today - the 5K route I have planned for when I've completed the program. The first 15 minutes were my least favourite, as on this new route there is a slow incline coupled with the "get-in-the-groove" portion of all my runs which proved extra challenging. The last bit was great, and it was awesome to end the run knowing I could have easily kept going.

I don't know if it's unusual, but I'm nervous about finishing the program. There are only 6 more runs until I'm "done" - - - and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :neutral:
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did week 5/day 1 this morning (after repeating week 4 with the goal of getting a bit stronger). I'm proud to say that (so far) I've been able to keep running the whole time on the running intervals. Today worried me a bit though as my breathing got a bit ragged toward the end of the last 5 minute running interval. I'm trying to stay focused on breathing with my abdomen, not my chest, but it kind of got away from me :( I've already downloaded a 5K to 10K app, so I'm in it for the long haul!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 completed...although the same as day 1, it felt harder and I had to slow down so much that I didn't get the distance. Hoping to complete the week tmrw and hoping it will be better.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    Finished my last run of week 7! I ran a different direction today - the 5K route I have planned for when I've completed the program. The first 15 minutes were my least favourite, as on this new route there is a slow incline coupled with the "get-in-the-groove" portion of all my runs which proved extra challenging. The last bit was great, and it was awesome to end the run knowing I could have easily kept going.

I don't know if it's unusual, but I'm nervous about finishing the program. There are only 6 more runs until I'm "done" - - - and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :neutral:

I had that same feeling, so I moved right into a 5 to 10k program. I tend to get more done if I'm on some kind of plan. When I tell myself I'll run 3 days a week, that often becomes 2 times a week. I prefer having a plan of some sort!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D3! Woohoo, I made it through the week!
    I did have to pause after the 4th running interval to stretch out one of my calves - I thought I had stretched enough, but apparently not because not only was it hurting to run, it was hurting to walk. After that pause, though, I was able to keep going and even ran longer than 60 seconds on the last interval just to get an idea for week 2.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Started c25k tonight. Did w1d1. Feel great and so happy to finally get it kicked off.
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm buzzing! completed w6r3 this morning, which I really wasn't looking forward to after r1 and r2 this week (found them really hard), but the 25 minute run went ok. The first half was slightly uphill, and I found that hard going, but the send half was down hill, and much easier (glad it was that way round!). With the warm up and cool down walk I did just over 5k! Woot.

Followed it with a shower, and a cycle to work (just over 10k), and accidentally smashed my fastest ride into work (in well over 1,000 rides), so there must be something in the air (or, more likely, the wind was with me!).
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    W2D2 done and dusted. I have to keep telling myself to slow down, as my breathing was getting a bit too heavy, I was trotting along saying over and over "if you can't hold a conversation you're running too fast" to try and keep myself at a steady pace. People running/cycling past me probably thought I was a bit mad talking away to myself like that. :smile:
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!! Just got back from my final run of C25K, and although it was one of my toughest because my knee gave me issues for the first time in eight weeks, I slowed down and kept going. Sad enough, this is probably one of the only things I have started in recent years and been able to stick with through to the finish, so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to move on right away to the B210k because I really like the structure of an every other day regimen. Finish strong everyone- you are all doing great!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    KRPolo wrote: »
    I DID IT!! Just got back from my final run of C25K, and although it was one of my toughest because my knee gave me issues for the first time in eight weeks, I slowed down and kept going. Sad enough, this is probably one of the only things I have started in recent years and been able to stick with through to the finish, so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to move on right away to the B210k because I really like the structure of an every other day regimen. Finish strong everyone- you are all doing great!

Congratulations! Well done and keep going...
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    KRPolo wrote: »

whoo hoo! congrats! Looking forward to being there soon!