What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Since I am close to my weight goal, I have formulated a plan to start weightlifting again. 3 day split, start out light weight with calorie deficit for a week. Then 3 day split lifting heavy with maintenance calorie intake for a week and keep rotating the weeks for a month or two. I will continue walking 2 or more miles a day, but will take Sunday off. Still calculating carb and protein intake for the different weeks, many different opinions out there. Hopefully I will gain muscle on heavy lift weeks and maintain muscle on light lift weeks, plus lose fat. Fingers crossed!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    460mustang wrote: »
    Since I am close to my weight goal, I have formulated a plan to start weightlifting again. 3 day split, start out light weight with calorie deficit for a week. Then 3 day split lifting heavy with maintenance calorie intake for a week and keep rotating the weeks for a month or two. I will continue walking 2 or more miles a day, but will take Sunday off. Still calculating carb and protein intake for the different weeks, many different opinions out there. Hopefully I will gain muscle on heavy lift weeks and maintain muscle on light lift weeks, plus lose fat. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like a good plan. If you haven't seen this thread check it out. Vismal is a great resource for all things, but particularily on cutting and bulking. I've read the entire thread and learned a ton. I'm not there yet but hope to be starting on it later this year.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1
    Let us know how it goes!
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today I want to log everything I eat and walk for at least fifteen minutes at lunch.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Made it through last night without getting my treats/snacks while washing dishes. So one little victory! I want to do the same tonight. Maybe tonight I can be disciplined without feeling temptation the entire time.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Did the yoga last night. Goal for today is no late night snacking.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    There's a potluck at work today and I sit dangerously close to the break room...smells are already drifting by my desk. My goal is to get through the day with only a reasonable amount of indulgence and still within my calorie goals!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    There's a potluck at work today and I sit dangerously close to the break room...smells are already drifting by my desk. My goal is to get through the day with only a reasonable amount of indulgence and still within my calorie goals!

Tough one - I think you should try to take control of the situation. Go face that potluck head-on, no sampling, just eye the dishes you think you need to have some of, then log it and determine acceptable portion sizes or which you will avoid altogether, and then enjoy - guilt free!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Already did my workout. Packed a healthy lunch. It's a good day so far!
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    460mustang wrote: »

Sounds like a good plan. If you haven't seen this thread check it out. Vismal is a great resource for all things, but particularily on cutting and bulking. I've read the entire thread and learned a ton. I'm not there yet but hope to be starting on it later this year.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1
    Let us know how it goes!

Great post, I like reading about other peoples success, and how they did it. It gives me something different to try and breaks the boredom of doing the same routine.
    I thought about hitting the gym from the git go, but decided since I'm in my 50's to start back slow so I didn't give myself a heart attack. So I started walking first and then biking. I figured when I hit 200 lbs. my heart would be better conditioned and it would be a good time to join a gym and workout.
    I actually started this past Monday and I am sore, legs and abs tomorrow.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Have had a couple of coo doo days. Tomorrow we start again.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a few days spa break.. Healthy eating.. definitely the right place to be when you are trying to lose weight.. So back home & back to reality :(
    Today I want to achieve staying within calories, drink 6 glasses of water, and aim to do between 8 -10 k steps.. here goes:)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have a great day everyone! :smiley:
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Been missing in action these past few days.. Had an incredibly busy weekend
    But I'm back with a vengeance
    Today I want to eat clean
    Walk as much as I can
    Skip for as long as I can manage
    Drink more water
    Have a great day everyone
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Today is a cardio focus day. Burn off about 600 or so calories of exercise and eat about 500 less than I need to maintain.

Just another day on the path to drop 1.5-2 lbs a week.

Why do so many have drink 8 glasses of water as a goal?

Is that a more Over 50 goal? I did not know of this as a goal to have.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Back to the weights tonight, maybe run some intervals after squats and deadlifts. Been laying low for a week nursing various injuries after a wee crash on the mountain bike.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Feeling much, much better today after a week of being out of routine and out of sorts. Got my walk in at a good pace this morning. Already have half my water in. Going to be hot and humid today so will get much more in. My only real plan today is to get under calories goal, which has been hard. Pacing my snacks better should help.
  • marekdds
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Don't necessarily need 8 glasses of water, just 64 oz. of fluids, on average depending on your size. Good for all, especially older folks to keep the kidneys humming, (as if mine need help, lol). Good to flush out some of the salt we eat, but should not be overdone. My goal today, cut out the sugary crap I have been eating.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today. I want to achieve

Good clean eating
    Stay hydrated
    Keep a positive attitude

Her goes :)
  • marekdds
    Options
    This is for yesterday, did do some weights and yoga, didn't binge on sugar last night. Today is travel day. so hoping I make good choices at restaurant on the road.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Working on my attitude today. I haven't been feeling it at all this week, for some reason. I've made it to my workouts, but just not focused. So, need to up my energy and focus for the remainder of the week.

Or take a nap. :smile: