What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Exercise video - yes, a VHS tape from 1994, and physical therapy today.

Which oldie but goodie was it?

I'm sorry - The Firm's 5 Day Abs

I had a Firm workout, complete with this thing that looked like a low table to step up and down on. Eventually, it became a great snack table... No longer have the workout, on VHS! But when you turn exercise equipment into a snack table, well, that says it all!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    We now have 50 cm of snow in the past 24 hours which broke a regional record. The previous record of 45.7 cm was set on Feb. 8, 1895. Ya-friggin-hoo…
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    @nikkib0103 That is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh. :mrgreen:

@UncleMac That is a lot in a short period. Are you bundled up at home for a few days? :grey_question::grey_question::worried:
  • UncleMac
    Options
    @RodaRose, believe it or not, I am at work. There is a possibility of more snow tonight. This is Canada and if we stayed home for a bit of snow, we'd never get anything done for half of the year.

My street wasn't plowed but there was a decent track. My wee Honda Civic and I were going along fine until a guy with a SUV backed out of his driveway onto the road ahead of me. I stopped and he promptly got stuck trying to get straightened out. So I got to watch him spin all four tires for a while until he finally managed to get into the track.

I guess it goes to show AWD, snow tires and extra ground clearance don't make up for lack of driver skills.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I managed to get 45 feet of rescue truck stuck Saturday night on our call at the lake. I was trying to get this monster parked on a narrow dirt road, and while trying to maneuver around several smaller emergency vehicles, some still moving, I got my right side wheel in a ditch that was invisible due to snow. We got some traction material down around the back duals, and out she came. Many hours later, my air brake charge system failed on the way home. 4AM, top of the 'mountain' (200 feet elevation change), air pressure down to 60 PSI and not charging. Charming... My Captain and crew were picked up with smaller rescues while I waited for our tow guy. He re-pressurized my tanks, and we started the 10 miles back. I didn't touch the brakes till I hit Main Street, 100 feet from the fire hall. All downshifting and engine braking. Interesting drive. Had just enough air to stop and back into the firehall.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Well that sounds scary! Glad you are safe.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I had a Firm workout, complete with this thing that looked like a low table to step up and down on. Eventually, it became a great snack table... No longer have the workout, on VHS! But when you turn exercise equipment into a snack table, well, that says it all!

WOW !!!!! That's pretty funny!!!!
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    @Farback, your large truck tale reminded me of a little car I had in college. Triumph Spitfire with racing wheels. Wheels and hubs are splined with one large center nut holding the wheel tight on the hub.

System works well until splines wear (did I mention that mine was past its prime?) and wheel starts slipping on hub when you step on brakes and... yup, unscrews large nut and one of my front wheels passes me.

Got wheel back on and made the rest of the trip with nothing but down shift and e-brake to slow down.

Nerve wracking at the time but can smile about it now.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    @RodaRose, believe it or not, I am at work. There is a possibility of more snow tonight. This is Canada and if we stayed home for a bit of snow, we'd never get anything done for half of the year.

My street wasn't plowed but there was a decent track. My wee Honda Civic and I were going along fine until a guy with a SUV backed out of his driveway onto the road ahead of me. I stopped and he promptly got stuck trying to get straightened out. So I got to watch him spin all four tires for a while until he finally managed to get into the track.

I guess it goes to show AWD, snow tires and extra ground clearance don't make up for lack of driver skills.

Logical to have AWD wheel drive for those conditions but I suspect that you won out because of driver skills.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Stuck at home today...started down the hill into work and had several trees down. Roads were worse than nasty. Snow, sleet, ice....you name it. They finally closed everything...including the colleges, which hardly ever happens. And power is in and out. So...here I am with 3 very happy dogs and a pigsty of a house. Guess I will start some deep spring cleaning. As long as I don't look out the window, I can dream, right?

Sounds awful. Stay warm & safe xx
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have been to the gym & done my workout. Im working on eating more protein, Drinking more water
    Have a great Thursday everyone x
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I managed to get 45 feet of rescue truck stuck Saturday night on our call at the lake. I was trying to get this monster parked on a narrow dirt road, and while trying to maneuver around several smaller emergency vehicles, some still moving, I got my right side wheel in a ditch that was invisible due to snow. We got some traction material down around the back duals, and out she came. Many hours later, my air brake charge system failed on the way home. 4AM, top of the 'mountain' (200 feet elevation change), air pressure down to 60 PSI and not charging. Charming... My Captain and crew were picked up with smaller rescues while I waited for our tow guy. He re-pressurized my tanks, and we started the 10 miles back. I didn't touch the brakes till I hit Main Street, 100 feet from the fire hall. All downshifting and engine braking. Interesting drive. Had just enough air to stop and back into the firehall.

Wow! I could hardly remember to breath while reading this! I can't even imagine. I'm guessing that backing into the firehall and coming to a safe stop at the end of all this was a truly wonderful feeling!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Was chided by my podiatrist yesterday for not moving more, and my physical therapist agrees that I can do many things in the gym.

Got my gym membership defrosted, and took Barre Burn today. Showered, got to work, and it's almost as it used to be!

Going to physical therapy later today and will gloat about it!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    UncleMac wrote: »

Logical to have AWD wheel drive for those conditions but I suspect that you won out because of driver skills.

The funny part? I have a 4X4 truck but it was parked behind the Honda and covered in snow so I took the mighty Civic instead. I grew up in the country where snowplows weren't predictable. I guess those lessons never go away.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    @Farback, your large truck tale reminded me of a little car I had in college. Triumph Spitfire with racing wheels. Wheels and hubs are splined with one large center nut holding the wheel tight on the hub.

System works well until splines wear (did I mention that mine was past its prime?) and wheel starts slipping on hub when you step on brakes and... yup, unscrews large nut and one of my front wheels passes me.

Got wheel back on and made the rest of the trip with nothing but down shift and e-brake to slow down.

Nerve wracking at the time but can smile about it now.

My dad and I had a 1968 MGB with the knock-off wheels. I pulled into the yard one day and one of the wheels started knocking. My dad heard the noise. We took a look... and ended up moving to rally style wheels. Dad still has the old "B" and he keeps tinkering to keep it running. One of these days, I should restore the old girl.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those old two seaters British sport cars. Wish I still had mine. Would not go above 50 mph but on the other hand, I didn't have to slow down for any curve either.

Bone for the main thread topic. Repairing a commercial grass bagging system today. First time working with epoxy and carbon fiber. Hope to finish before we lose this unseasonable 70 degree weather. [crosses fingers]
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I've been out of commission with a cold since Monday and only managed a lot of napping, eating Pho and a couple of short walks with the dog. Now that I'm feeling better I'm heading to the gym for an abbreviated workout this morning and then back to Physical Therapy and wedding prep later today.

I'm so glad it's the weekend and my goal is to get all caught up and maybe even a little ahead re the wedding as we only have two more weekends before the big event. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate but we'll know more in a week or so. Weathermen see no rain on the horizon for at least two more weeks (wedding is exactly 2 weeks away, lol)....hallelujah!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Spin class today; my legs are TIRED.

Replaced my gym watch; I didn't want a fitness tracker and I didn't want anything clunky or ugly. I got Swatch's Candy Parlour!
  • Farback
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Gotta love those old two seaters British sport cars. Wish I still had mine. Would not go above 50 mph but on the other hand, I didn't have to slow down for any curve either.

Bone for the main thread topic. Repairing a commercial grass bagging system today. First time working with epoxy and carbon fiber. Hope to finish before we lose this unseasonable 70 degree weather. [crosses fingers]

I've done some work with CF and epoxy. The CF is harder to work with than fiberglass, edge cutting and finishing is finicky. This is a CF coaming on one of my boats. I've used larger sheets for inside reinforcement on my current build.

l2kcvm5btzym.jpg
  • Farback
    Options
    Daily reset of the time bomb in my chest- check

m62mzw8xv1be.png