What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    What I want to achieve today: Going shopping with the hubby today. I want to find ski bibs to wear for an upcoming ski trip with friends that don't cost to much. Looking forward to an active get-away where I can burn calories and have fun with friends all at the same time.
    Mission accomplished. :) Ski pants purchased and they were on sale. BAM!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Got my treadmill walk in yesterday but I really don't like it very much. During my weight training I ran around the basketball court at the gym several times and I really like that much better so I'm not sure the treadmill will become part of my regimen..... B)

Today is a "rest day", but I'm hitting 4 different stores plus the flower shop in prep for the wedding. We're not having it catered (cooking here), so I'm beginning to purchase supplies, at least the non-perishable ones.

So today's goal is just to get some of that done and get some steps in!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I did my daughter's wedding. Yikes! Good luck to you!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks, it's gonna be rough I think but I'm hiring a couple of people to help. We're keeping is pretty simple and it's a smallish wedding..............around 60 in our backyard. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates............wish they would have waited until May or June.....LOL
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Got to work with a load of library books, dvds, my pears for the week, yogurt for the week, and bananas for the week. The bag was a little too heavy for my broken ankle; thankfully I sat on the subway commute!

Today I hit TJ Maxx and after work, have my eyelashes tinted and my brows waxed. Plenty of exciting activity for me, after being sedentary for an entire month !!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    I'm hoping to get the dog out this morning for a walk/run and increase the amount of time I run............last week was 7 minutes running of 50 minutes. I ran on the basketball court at the gym yesterday and managed about 10 minutes so this should be doable. I'm trying to convince myself I enjoy running....... ;)

I tweaked something in my shoulder Friday so I'm not faring too well this week strength wise although I'm trying to keep up with some kind of routine. Still going to the gym 3 days but doing things a bit differently to rest the arm. Oh well, injuries seem to come with the territory, guess it's my age......LOL
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today I'd like to focus on not eating after dinner. Suggestions on what works for others would be appreciated :)
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    My cast comes off next week and I start physical therapy soon. The dr says to move more, so I'm deciding what I want to do over Martin Luther King's weekend ... Trader Joe for sure !!!!!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,130 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you're healing up @MostlyWater !!
  • luluinca
    Options
    clynns54 wrote: »
    Today I'd like to focus on not eating after dinner. Suggestions on what works for others would be appreciated :)

I try to save room for at least a little snack after dinner but if not then I generally have a cup of chamomile tea, and sometimes put a little bit of honey in it. It satisfies me this time of year.

I've found that if I don't short myself on calories during the rest of the day I'm usually not hungry after dinner and we also don't keep a lot of snacky foods in the house to tempt me.....:)
  • luluinca
    Options
    I've been having quite a bit of shoulder pain since Friday so today, although I'm going to the gym, I'm going to lay off arms and try to still get a good workout in. I made an appointment to see our local shoulder guy in a couple of weeks if it's not better......:(
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I got mostly enough sleep and am up with enough time to do yoga before work.
    After work, I plan to take a mile-long walk at the park.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today, I want to walk to the top of the mountain. It's not a very big mountain. But I think it's time to do this.

Did it. I've lived in this neighborhood for 17 years and I finally did it!

congratulations x
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I've been having quite a bit of shoulder pain since Friday so today, although I'm going to the gym, I'm going to lay off arms and try to still get a good workout in. I made an appointment to see our local shoulder guy in a couple of weeks if it's not better......:(

hope you get it sorted. I use touch tuina for all my joint pains. do you have any thing like that in your neighbourhood?
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    clynns54 wrote: »

I try to save room for at least a little snack after dinner but if not then I generally have a cup of chamomile tea, and sometimes put a little bit of honey in it. It satisfies me this time of year.

I've found that if I don't short myself on calories during the rest of the day I'm usually not hungry after dinner and we also don't keep a lot of snacky foods in the house to tempt me.....:)

Right, I agree. Save something for after dinner. Or ... are there nights you go out, that don't involve food?

The nights I went to the gym right after work, and came home with just enough strength to eat dinner and go to bed, were nights I didn't snack. That was helpful to me.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    What I want to achieve today: Laundry and housecleaning. Should be quite the little workout! :)
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks, tea does sound like a good, I'll try that. Guess 8 didn't really think about saving some calories for a snack, duh! I always crave sweets, so ill have to figure out something low cal but sweet. ..
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    One of the firefighters at my department took this picture of a really old guy ignoring the concepts of time and physics, and doing rack pulls at 275.

i3hs9d8kj3r3.jpeg
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    295, not 275, I mis-mathaficated. I really am turning into a meat-head.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,130 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    295, not 275, I mis-mathaficated. I really am turning into a meat-head.
    Heavy lifts have that effect. Eventually you might start picking things up and forgetting to put them down.