100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Finally home and neither the top or bottom air conditioners are working. It's high 90's but we have all fans on full speed. How did our grandparents get by before air conditioning? Of course back then we did have 3 big oak trees in the front yard and the windows were huge enough to walk out on the tin roof. This country girl has gotten soft. Sometimes it takes a change in the environment to remember that we need to live our lives with an attitude of gratitude.
    Happy to be home. So proud of y'all for traveling and staying on program. Proud of you taking pictures and sharing your story. I have to agree the folks here are beautiful inside and out. Big hugs
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    I miss that like button!! I am copying that scale, it is helpful. I have been a 3 for awhile working. I was a .5 for a bit. I am happy I am mostly an 8-9, the physical pain and limitations so much better! Losing the 30 lbs is making the present possible!!

I bet the rest of you can relate!!

Boy, can I! That was a beautiful conversation between friends. Brought tears to my eyes, too. Sending hugs to you both!!
  • Brandynas
    Brandynas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found you NS comrades. I've been looking and looking since I found out NS discontinued their discussion section! I have found if you mention Nutrisystem in non NS discussions on MFP there is a wee bit of negativity. LOL! I have only been on NS for a month but love it so far. So far 11lbs. down and many, many to go, but I'm just trying to look at the next day and hoping for the day my body will stop hurting.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Brandynas wrote: »
    I am so glad I found you NS comrades. I've been looking and looking since I found out NS discontinued their discussion section! I have found if you mention Nutrisystem in non NS discussions on MFP there is a wee bit of negativity. LOL! I have only been on NS for a month but love it so far. So far 11lbs. down and many, many to go, but I'm just trying to look at the next day and hoping for the day my body will stop hurting.

Welcome Brandy :) and congratz on your weight loss so far!
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Congratulations Sue, you look wonderful!

Thank you Joanne :)

Also, didn't want to miss to wish all the fathers a Happy Fathers Day :).
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Fathers Day!
    Welcome to Summer in a few minutes :)

I went walking this morning, I had planned for a off day from walking. However the much forecast heavy rains and Thunderstorms never really arrived overnight. Everything was wet but that was it. Out the door at 7:05, 72 degrees and humid. I know it was humid, everything was wet when I left and a 1 1/2 later everything was still wet. I ended up pretty wet from sweating too :)
    Another Rerun of Yesterday @ 2.75 miles. A little slower so I know I need an off day to recuperate :) Well to be honest it could be I need the day off to recover or it could have been the humidity slowing me down :) I ended up sitting for couple of minutes to cool off on the walk too, but then I usually do that anyway.

Cheers
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Finally home and neither the top or bottom air conditioners are working. It's high 90's but we have all fans on full speed. How did our grandparents get by before air conditioning? Of course back then we did have 3 big oak trees in the front yard and the windows were huge enough to walk out on the tin roof. This country girl has gotten soft. Sometimes it takes a change in the environment to remember that we need to live our lives with an attitude of gratitude.
    Happy to be home. So proud of y'all for traveling and staying on program. Proud of you taking pictures and sharing your story. I have to agree the folks here are beautiful inside and out. Big hugs

Hi Nene
    I hope that the AC units do not need expensive repairs. I have to wonder why and how both could go out at the same time.

I do not remember the heat bothering me when I was a Boy and no AC either. Oh well.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Brandynas wrote: »

Hi Brandy
    I have a sneaky suspicion that some of the negativity is due to our taking the shortcut of using NutriSystem prepared foods. Instead of rolling our own meals. And of course some could be because as NS users they do not feel like we are contributing like they do. :)

The thing is that NutriSystem is easy, not a ton of cooking required. I microwave frozen vegetables, slice a head of lettuce, eat and apple of a couple of Clementines and open a Light & Fit Yogurt and done. The most prep time is cutting the lettuce in half or opening the NS package and putting it in the Microwave. My Brother spends a 1/2 hour minimum on his meal prep and cooking. Check out the NS food reviews and the new Recipes section. I put a couple of great looking recipes from the NS forums users.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger, I don't know what Brandi experienced in the regular MFP forums, but I didn't see anything against NS or NS-users, but I saw a number of posts where people were insulting others for their posts or for being overweight. That's a big reason I don't go to those forums, and I stay exclusively in the NS members groups. Within the four members-only Groups, set up for NS Refugees (that I go to), I've not seen anyone insulting anyone else. That's important to me.
    Take care, Val
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Roger, I don't know what Brandi experienced in the regular MFP forums, but I didn't see anything against NS or NS-users, but I saw a number of posts where people were insulting others for their posts or for being overweight. That's a big reason I don't go to those forums, and I stay exclusively in the NS members groups. Within the four members-only Groups, set up for NS Refugees (that I go to), I've not seen anyone insulting anyone else. That's important to me.
    Take care, Val

Hi Val
    From the Forum Guidelines
    MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Posts
    Topics or posts which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

If I saw that I would use the report function and let the Moderators handle it. Sadly it seems that fat Shaming exists in the wild anymore. It is counterproductive to, it is more likely to lead to more eating rather than less. Unless that is the motive? I do not pretend to understand rude people. If someone is rude to me I try and turn it around to them.
    For example I had someone refer to me as a MF in jest, So I looked at them and said "SON" :) TMI?
    Or if they say "You so fat", I just remind them I may be overweight but that can be fixed and I am working on it, whereas You will always be rude and stupid.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Options
    Oh my goodness ROGER!
    You continue to amaze me. Lol....... You are so right about so much stuff! Both ac units did not poop out at the same time. They were both put in about 10 years ago. The upstairs one stopped working last fall but because we added new siding and new windows to the whole house the 2 of us did just fine with only downstairs heat and gas fireplace. It was cold last winter but really not bad for adults. I did not have the grands stay here. Ac guy just called. Wow they are busy! They are on the way to check it out. I'm afraid I have been guilty of not calling for repair because I am worried about the cost. Hubs of 40 years says not to worry just get it fixed.

You know the older I get the more I realize that people who make fun of others (be it weight, color, or handicapped) are insecure, damaged individuals. Negative speech, words, or actions does not help anyone. It is a sad form of gathering attention. Really hurtful, and a poor way to communicate. Love this group! Full of positive comments and encouragement.

Big hugs!

• suegen1
    Options
    Take care, Val

It's sad that these situations happen and I am so glad that we don't have to worry about it here as everybody is adult enough to be respectful towards each other. We are all in the same boat. I guess within other forums people forget that and think because they are behind a screen they can use that different behavior...but as Roger said....they will be always rude and stupid...sad truth.

I am glad that our refugee groups exist, otherwise I wouldn't know where I would be today with my weight loss..

Sue
  • Nene1125
    Options
    No more grumpy cat from me today! Doing a happy dance because I have ac and it is 96 degrees outside! Upstairs needed a transformer, new filters and batteries for the controller on the wall. Downstairs there was an electrical problem which this amazing 20 year old fixed. Feeling blessed and the bill is less than I could have dreamed of.
    Have a great day y'all.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    No more grumpy cat from me today! Doing a happy dance because I have ac and it is 96 degrees outside! Upstairs needed a transformer, new filters and batteries for the controller on the wall. Downstairs there was an electrical problem which this amazing 20 year old fixed. Feeling blessed and the bill is less than I could have dreamed of.
    Have a great day y'all.

Hurray Nene...so glad you have A/C! It makes such a wonderful difference.
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    just lost a long post - grrrrr.

PUDGE - Happy Birthday this Thursday - hope you're reading. We miss your frequent words of wisdom.

Roger - I take it you're not a dad? Hope you enjoyed your Sunday anyway. I'm always impressed with the info you share and frequently agree with your opinions too.

I was really impressed by my son on Father's day. He spent big bucks for boneless prime rib which they cooked at their home (no mess for us) along with carrots and cabbage and dumplings. Briefly smoked the prime rib here - even more impressed with the e card he found for Dave - fishing theme and personalized by saying thanks for being my father figure the majority of my life (Dave showed up when Brad was 17) - but Dave really appreciated the sentiment.

Nene - heat while growing up never bothered me much, but think our weather has greatly changed. Was so glad to get central air in the mid 80s as it especially helped sleeping at night - so much better than my dog tired co workers who weren't able to sleep due to the heat.

Today we were without power for 4 hours - electric company was switching wires to new pole. Interesting to watch. As they moved each group of wires, they cut off that section of the old pole, leaving us with a tall and short pole, with lower wires. Assume they'll finish that off another day.

Neighbor from 2 doors down rang our bell to ask how long the power was going to be out. They've lived here 17 yrs, I've lived here 50 plus, never met prior to today. We're known as the boat guys at their home - she was stunned to find that I'm a woman. DH thought that hugely funny! We sat in the back yard watching the workers and learning about each other for several hours - nice way to pass the time. It was 91 by noon - thankfully we get shade at the back of the house early in the day, the table umbrella helped a lot, and there was a breeze. looks like the lettuce is done and bolted, will have to try a leaf tomorrow - I'm betting it's gonna be bitter. By 5 we were having thunderstorms which cancelled my outdoor water aerobics. So now I have to decide if it's the already paid for pool, or the still to be paid golf league for tomorrow's outing. Leaning towards the pool - my golf partners most likely are not my biggest fans at the moment as I'm rarely participating.

DH off to bed - he has an 8 am dental appt tomorrow. He is now addressing me as dude or dudette!

Have a great wt loss week.
  • Nene1125
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    Did you see or receive a message from NS to enter a contest? 7 grand prize winners will receive a month of free food. You can enter daily. I filled it out then got suspicious and read the rules. I decided not to enter because the company sponsoring the event has rights to my name and biological information. Am I being crazy? Is that normal for the NS to keep and use information? What are your thoughts?

Sherl.... Glad you met the neighbors! Enjoy your pool and the golf! You are a busy lady (dudette). :-)
  • suegen1
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    Did you see or receive a message from NS to enter a contest? 7 grand prize winners will receive a month of free food. You can enter daily. I filled it out then got suspicious and read the rules. I decided not to enter because the company sponsoring the event has rights to my name and biological information. Am I being crazy? Is that normal for the NS to keep and use information? What are your thoughts?

Sherl.... Glad you met the neighbors! Enjoy your pool and the golf! You are a busy lady (dudette). :-)

Nene, I can't say that I have seen an email or message like that from NS....but then again could be in my spam folder and I don't usually read them. Did you maybe see anything from the website? If all fails maybe contact a Customer Service Rep from NS and ask if it's legit that's what I would do but yeah sadly they collect all sorts of info. God knows what info gets shared and not. I would probably contact NS to see but that's just me :)

I hope everybody is doing well :)

Sue
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Big storms here last night - so big, DH was thinking of herding us into the bathroom. Said if we were more prone to this bad weather, he'd have a storm cellar built in the back yard. That was a surprise. Went to bed at 5 after the last big one came thru - protecting my frightened 13 year old pup, who's gunshy and afraid of thunder. Got one heck of a lot done over night - scanned a ton of paper and discarded a foot of WW mags from 2003 - 2007 after skimming them - need to be in the right mood to successfully pitch. And I really need to pitch!

Had the choice of pool for water aerobics make up class or golf. Windy but mid 70s, so chose golf - not. Course is open, no electric carts allowed. Will report if I make it to the pool. My golf partners have filled out the foursome with new players, so when I show, we'll have to split into 3 and 2. That's what happens when you don't always show up - glad we've picked up more players tho.

Happy losing - haven't checked out NS site lately - maybe I'll do that next.
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I finally got caught up with the posts. Congrats on the losses, the newish AC and for cooler days. I've done really well the last couple of weeks and it showed today on the scale. Lost the .5 that I gained from my trip to Cincinnati as well as 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. YAY!! That makes my loss 17 lbs in 6 weeks, I hope I can continue on this path for it's a good one! lol

Have a good evening. Hopefully it cools down with not too big of a storm tonight.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oh my goodness ROGER!
    You continue to amaze me. Lol....... You are so right about so much stuff! Both ac units did not poop out at the same time. They were both put in about 10 years ago. The upstairs one stopped working last fall but because we added new siding and new windows to the whole house the 2 of us did just fine with only downstairs heat and gas fireplace. It was cold last winter but really not bad for adults. I did not have the grands stay here. Ac guy just called. Wow they are busy! They are on the way to check it out. I'm afraid I have been guilty of not calling for repair because I am worried about the cost. Hubs of 40 years says not to worry just get it fixed.

You know the older I get the more I realize that people who make fun of others (be it weight, color, or handicapped) are insecure, damaged individuals. Negative speech, words, or actions does not help anyone. It is a sad form of gathering attention. Really hurtful, and a poor way to communicate. Love this group! Full of positive comments and encouragement.

Big hugs!

Hi Nene
    I truly believe that there are just plain mean spirited people, is that damaged? I do not know. I do know from years on many forums that there are many good decent helpful people, Unhelpful people, rude people and people that just like to stir things up. I think that makes them feel improtant.

Cheers
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Take care, Val

It's sad that these situations happen and I am so glad that we don't have to worry about it here as everybody is adult enough to be respectful towards each other. We are all in the same boat. I guess within other forums people forget that and think because they are behind a screen they can use that different behavior...but as Roger said....they will be always rude and stupid...sad truth.

I am glad that our refugee groups exist, otherwise I wouldn't know where I would be today with my weight loss..

Sue

HI Sue
    I do know that if we had someone like that here, I would likely be the first person to use the report button. I also know that Moderators do not blindly accept a report. They investigate the reported post or person. On another forum 40% to 50% of the time it we wonder why they reported it as there is nothing there. We also do not ban a person lightly, and some of them learn their lesson and try and sneak in with a new name and become productive members and some just never learn and get banned again.

Cheers
    Roger
    Have a great day y'all.

Hi Nene
    Congratulations that it was a relatively easy and inexpensive repair.
    I know You are happy having AC today!

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    just lost a long post - grrrrr.

PUDGE - Happy Birthday this Thursday - hope you're reading. We miss your frequent words of wisdom.

Roger - I take it you're not a dad? Hope you enjoyed your Sunday anyway. I'm always impressed with the info you share and frequently agree with your opinions too.

I was really impressed by my son on Father's day. He spent big bucks for boneless prime rib which they cooked at their home (no mess for us) along with carrots and cabbage and dumplings. Briefly smoked the prime rib here - even more impressed with the e card he found for Dave - fishing theme and personalized by saying thanks for being my father figure the majority of my life (Dave showed up when Brad was 17) - but Dave really appreciated the sentiment.

Nene - heat while growing up never bothered me much, but think our weather has greatly changed. Was so glad to get central air in the mid 80s as it especially helped sleeping at night - so much better than my dog tired co workers who weren't able to sleep due to the heat.

Today we were without power for 4 hours - electric company was switching wires to new pole. Interesting to watch. As they moved each group of wires, they cut off that section of the old pole, leaving us with a tall and short pole, with lower wires. Assume they'll finish that off another day.

Neighbor from 2 doors down rang our bell to ask how long the power was going to be out. They've lived here 17 yrs, I've lived here 50 plus, never met prior to today. We're known as the boat guys at their home - she was stunned to find that I'm a woman. DH thought that hugely funny! We sat in the back yard watching the workers and learning about each other for several hours - nice way to pass the time. It was 91 by noon - thankfully we get shade at the back of the house early in the day, the table umbrella helped a lot, and there was a breeze. looks like the lettuce is done and bolted, will have to try a leaf tomorrow - I'm betting it's gonna be bitter. By 5 we were having thunderstorms which cancelled my outdoor water aerobics. So now I have to decide if it's the already paid for pool, or the still to be paid golf league for tomorrow's outing. Leaning towards the pool - my golf partners most likely are not my biggest fans at the moment as I'm rarely participating.

DH off to bed - he has an 8 am dental appt tomorrow. He is now addressing me as dude or dudette!

Have a great wt loss week.

Hi Shirl
    I hope it was not to hot with the power out like that?
    Nope, not a dad, not blessed that way. However our family did our share with one more child than we numbered. So tiny population explosion that way.

Not as Bad as China with the one child per family laws.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hey y'all,

Hi Nene
    Nope not that I saw but then I am running way late today! I would check with NS as to legitimacy as was recommended.

Cheers
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I finally got caught up with the posts. Congrats on the losses, the newish AC and for cooler days. I've done really well the last couple of weeks and it showed today on the scale. Lost the .5 that I gained from my trip to Cincinnati as well as 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. YAY!! That makes my loss 17 lbs in 6 weeks, I hope I can continue on this path for it's a good one! lol

Have a good evening. Hopefully it cools down with not too big of a storm tonight.

Hi Terri
    Congratulations on the Loss, that is high, almost 3 pounds a week :) (2.83 pounds)

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm finally back online. The Cable Guy just left a little bit ago, New wire to t he house etc. But Dinner time is here so I'll be brief. :)
    I was lucky, the storms went south of me in NJ and north of me into Connecticut. At 4PM there were still 200,000+ without power in South NJ.

Walked 2.75 miles this morning as the Humidity was down. Yea, I should be out walking tomorrow too.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • suegen1
    Options
    Good morning all :),

Hope everybody is doing well. I can finally report to be officially down 3 whole dress sizes and of course I did a happy dance yesterday....can't even believe that one yet. Other than that I am cruising along and we are working on our other property to get it ready for camping weekends which will be nice.

Have a great day everybody :)

Sue