Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 1 today! I'm happy about that, but nervous about the next 2 days... I know W5D3 is the "breakthrough" one for a lot of people. I just don't want to fail at that one, so... Fingers crossed!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    Week 7/Day 3 done!! I had to run through some sprinklers to get it done, but I did it! Seriously though, what kind of public park runs their sprinklers at 6am when the joggers are out?!?!

WTG! Sprinklers don't sound like a bad idea especially when I'm almost done. One more week before graduation.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 1 today! I'm happy about that, but nervous about the next 2 days... I know W5D3 is the "breakthrough" one for a lot of people. I just don't want to fail at that one, so... Fingers crossed!

Slow down, if you have got this far, the issue will be in your head not your body. That's why it is a breakthrough, you will realise that it is your mind that is holding you back. Good luck for days 2 and 3

• Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W3D1 for the third week now. I am struggling mentally with he idea of running 5 minutes non-stop.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    W3D1 for the third week now. I am struggling mentally with he idea of running 5 minutes non-stop.

Can you talk while doing the run interval, if you can't you are going too fast. The normal reason for not succeeding this is to think you can run like you are in the Olympics. Slow down is does become a whole lot easier. Try it, post the results either way. Good luck

• rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 2..... can't believe I've gotten this far! Two 10 min runs but the first one paused so I just kept going..... I don't know if I did 15 mins!!. second stretch was a little easier but was knackered after..... big one next.....
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did W8D3 on Friday evening and absolutely nailed it!!
    Managed just over 30 minutes and 4.85 km.
    I'M NEARLY THERE :)
  • SuperMelanie
    Options
    Started Week 9 on Sunday morning, with the intention of speeding up a little AND increasing the time and distance I run for.

And the news is...

5.1 km in 32 mins 40 seconds!!

YES!!!!!! I DID 5K!!!!

How do I claim my prize?!!
  • SuperMelanie
    Options
    krichard08 wrote: »
    Completed W7D1 last night!! Feeling great about it! I can't believe that I can run (jog) for 25 minutes straight with out stopping. ME! The person that quit the program by Week 3 the first time around! Yay!! I am doing the Zenlabs C25K program so mine only goes to the end of week 8. I can see the finish line from here!! :)

WELL DONE YOU!! :D

• jessisgonnagetfit
    jessisgonnagetfit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in a slump. I have tried week 4 day 1 two times and have failed both times. I get thru the first half just fine but in the middle of my second 3 minute run I have to stop what is annoying me is that I'm not stopping because I'm out of breath it is that my calfs hurt so bad I can't do it anymore. Trying again tomorrow and I researched some stretches to do before and after so fingers crossed!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Started Week 9 on Sunday morning, with the intention of speeding up a little AND increasing the time and distance I run for.

And the news is...

YES!!!!!! I DID 5K!!!!

Congrats!

Still at the start myself. Just got home from W2D3. Still running pretty slow, but I'm doing all right. Little worried I'm running too slow just because I'm in my head that I'll be tired if I speed up.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

First off, congrats to everyone making amazing progress! !

secondly, I know I've been a little mia but have been travelling on business. But not to worry, I've been getting my runs in albeit sometimes I'll let two days lapse between runs. I'm on week 8 day 2 for tomorrow. I'm on business in nyc and m looking forward to running in iconic central park!!

Happy eunnings, everyone! !
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Runnings. ... not eunnings...
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

And the news is...

YES!!!!!! I DID 5K!!!!

Well done xx
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ... it is that my calfs hurt so bad...

That strikes me as a gait issue. What style of running step do you adopt? Are you heel, forefoot or midfoot striking?
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Week 8/Day 1 done this morning. I didn't sleep very well last night, so this one was a bit of a struggle. No pain or breathing issues, basically just felt like the Earth's gravitational pull increased overnight...LOL! Anyway, it's done and tomorrow is a rest day. Happy Tuesday to all!!!!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Don't be nervous. It is a mental thing. Go ahead and get it in your head that you can do it. Trust the training. You are ready just don't let the fear get in your head. Good luck!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Completed w5d1 this morning. Finished more than a mile away from my house and it was all downhill so decided to add one more 5 minute jog in that turned into 10. It felt good.
  • jessisgonnagetfit
    jessisgonnagetfit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ... it is that my calfs hurt so bad...

That strikes me as a gait issue. What style of running step do you adopt? Are you heel, forefoot or midfoot striking?

I honestly have no idea I haven't really payed any attention I think middle of my foot but I could be wrong. I tried it again today and same thing happened and I did my stretches so I am feeling very defeated.