What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Good goals for everyone! It helps to share because it gives me ideas and focus for my own goals.
    Today, I already went to my spin class this morning. Now I need to find a healthy lunch, since I ran out of time to pack one. And then, after work, I'll be going to the gym to run.

You had a great start with your spin class. Did you also go for a run?

I did go for a run! A little less than usual because I didn't have as much time, but went 2.5 miles. It was a good one!
  • Slashnl
    Options
    Today im detoxing... Fruit & salad & lots of water.. I check in to tomorrow to let you know how it goes.. Hope you are all having a super day?

Hope it goes well for you! I'm loading up on water today, too. I'm just focusing on keeping at a calorie deficit today.
  • Slashnl
    Options
    sassyii wrote: »
    Hi - just joined and thought I better at least start with an achievement for today! I want to spend 1 hour in the gym today. I want to keep my calories under or at my goal!

Good goal!
  • sillymetwo
    sillymetwo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I dusted off my weights yesterday June 29, and I did the firm classic Body Sculpting Basics (60 min.) It has been a while since I have done the old classics, and had to go slow and light on weights.

Today I did Billy Blanc’s, This is Tae Bo (65 min.) I also did a 15 minute mini challenge doing 25 sit ups, 25 mountain climbers, 25 leg raises, 1 minute plank (all x 3).

I am surprised that I am not as sore as I thought I’d be, but I am sure I will be really sore later after today’s workouts.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today im detoxing... Fruit & salad & lots of water.. I check in to tomorrow to let you know how it goes.. Hope you are all having a super day?

Achieved my goal!!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    sillymetwo wrote: »
    I dusted off my weights yesterday June 29, and I did the firm classic Body Sculpting Basics (60 min.) It has been a while since I have done the old classics, and had to go slow and light on weights.

Today I did Billy Blanc’s, This is Tae Bo (65 min.) I also did a 15 minute mini challenge doing 25 sit ups, 25 mountain climbers, 25 leg raises, 1 minute plank (all x 3).

I am surprised that I am not as sore as I thought I’d be, but I am sure I will be really sore later after today’s workouts.

Superb day xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Staying with the same goal
    Did 11K steps yesterday, aiming to do the same if I can
    Drinking loads of water & eating clean

Hope you all have a great day x
  • Slashnl
    Options
    Drinking lots of water today again. I went to spin this morning and I'm planning to go running tonight after work.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yoga tonight!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Spin class. I buy a lot of used gear and the first time I wore these pants they were big on me. Then tight. Now ... big again !
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options

Superb day xx

Is This is Tae Bo anything like the original introduction workout?
  • sillymetwo
    Options

Superb day xx

BBee5064, Thank you for your support. It was hard getting through my workout today. Ugh... Sore from yesterday.
  • sillymetwo
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Is This is Tae Bo anything like the original introduction workout?

I don't know, I am not familiar with his earlier workouts. It was released in 2010

• BBee5064
    Options
    Hi all,
    Today im aiming to drink more water, eat fresh food & walk as much as I can :)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    last night. Today is weights, I hate weights.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Did a cold 20 minute scuba dive to locate a fixed anchor in a lake yesterday at my parent's place. The float from last year was taken by the ice. It's usually a five minute search job but with recent rains and a tannic lake, visibility was 2-3 feet at a depth of 15-20. Took a long time. And by the way, I didn't dive alone. The voices in my head were there. (Actually I'm a fire dept. Recovery diver with loads of hours, training and redundant systems to get out of trouble)
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I have a schedule and I am determined to keep it!

finish work/start dinner - 4pm-6
    cook dinner/eat/clean kitchen - 6-6:30
    errands 6:30-8
    meeting 8:30-9:30
    gym 10:15 -11:45
    shower/prayers/read/sleep/bedtime 12:30-1am

Slashnl wrote: »
    Working on my attitude today. I haven't been feeling it at all this week, for some reason. I've made it to my workouts, but just not focused. So, need to up my energy and focus for the remainder of the week.

Or take a nap. :smile:

We all have 3 piles of poop to deal with:

yours/mine
    the universe - other people
    God's - the timing of life, weather, etc

The only one we get to control is our own attitudes & actions. Here are a couple of simple things to change your attitude. Let other folks have their problems; it is very freeing to let other people just "be". Put an imaginary serenity/happiness bubble around yourself. When somebody tries to bust your bubble - stop them mid-sentence and thank them. Sometimes our silence speaks volumes. If you get upset, ask yourself who's pile of poop are you picking up? If it isn't yours you can't change it, manipulate it, OR force it to change. Oh sure you could throw a temper tantrum - but seriously how effective is that? - IF IT AIN'T YOURS.....PUT IT DOWN & WALK AWAY. When we change - eventually the rest of the world catches up.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Water. Gotta work on water. I don't hate but am very prone not to drinking it unless I feel thirsty which is not often.
  • mom216
    Options
    Try drinking 16 oz. of room temperature water before meals.
  • mom216
    Options
    OK arrrrgh!!!!!! I didn't finish my work, which means I don't have time for errands. UGH!!!! Leaving for a meeting in a few minutes. I feel a temper tantrum a brewing. :#