Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 done. I had never run for 5 minutes straight before in my life, and I just did that... twice. Not going to lie, when I heard the cooldown chimes at the end of the second 5 minute interval, I started crying. Thank goodness for sunglasses...
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    @MusicalMelanie11 Awesome update! Well done! I'm due to do my w5d3 run today too. Its bloody hot here today so I might have to wait until later this evening. I tend to pass out in the heat. Not fun. lol.
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @MusicalMelanie11 Beautiful story. Congrats on your run.
    @LLduds Congrats on finishing c25k.
    @klmnumbers Great job! You will do fantastic in week 4.

W5D3 is done! Super slow - Yes I jog at a 17 minute mile pace but I am jogging.
  • whatshewants
    whatshewants Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Finished Week 6. Wondering if I should repeat it, or just repeat day 3. Feels weird to go back to the intervals now though, so I might just give W7D1 a try and see how it goes next week!

@rebeccatherine Great work!! I also had challenges with the change to 5 minutes. I felt I just started getting used to the 3 minute runs. You can do it!!!
  • MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    kristafb wrote: »
    @MusicalMelanie11 Awesome update! Well done! I'm due to do my w5d3 run today too. Its bloody hot here today so I might have to wait until later this evening. I tend to pass out in the heat. Not fun. lol.

I feel you! It was so hot and humid here! But I live in Louisiana, so it's kind of always hot and humid lol. Best of luck! You've got this!! :smiley:

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I did it!! well sort of. W5D3 with 2 little stops during the run to have a drink. I can't drink and run without losing my breath. So despite that I ran the whole way. According to my apple heathkit it says I ran 4.3k! I may do it over to make it through without stopping but I still count today as a victory because 2 years I quit because I couldn't get past it.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    W3D3 this morning done. Moving on to week 4 tomorrow!
  • tpg10
    tpg10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 yesterday - excited to bump it up a level tomorrow!
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    w9d1 done and dusted. Extra 2 minutes added at the end to make the 5k distance. Considering how difficult I found running for 60 seconds, 9 weeks ago, I'm amazed at the improvement. Graduation should be on Friday if all goes to plan this week.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Finally finished week 8 today. I'm back from travelling so if all goes well, I should be graduating this weekend. Say what?
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 yesterday. I was curious about the jump from 1 min to 90 seconds so at the of W1D3 I thought "how long can I actually run for?" It may have been daft but I went for it. I ran for over 2 minutes and stopped, not because I was done in, but I thought I'd ruin myself for the rest of my workout. So at the end of W2D1 when it told me to start the warm down I thought "is that it!".

The posts on here about this being mostly in the head have made me feel so much more confident that I can do this.

Cheers everyone.
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Finished week 5 day 3 and feel great! :) Seems to be getting much easier. Can't wait for week 6 day 1 now.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Started week 2 yesterday. I was curious about the jump from 1 min to 90 seconds so at the of W1D3 I thought "how long can I actually run for?" It may have been daft but I went for it. I ran for over 2 minutes and stopped, not because I was done in, but I thought I'd ruin myself for the rest of my workout. So at the end of W2D1 when it told me to start the warm down I thought "is that it!".

The posts on here about this being mostly in the head have made me feel so much more confident that I can do this.

Cheers everyone.

It looks like you have been on a great journey over the last few years. Two additional things to note, don't get disheartened if in a couple of weeks time you need to go slower, that is also normal. Just check your ego at the door on the way out, going faster comes later. Also don't get too carried away now, the programme is conservative and progressive. You need the slow increase in load so as not to overtax your system. You need the rest days to allow your body to adapt and get stronger. C25k lasts 8 weeks, let it take 8 weeks and then push yourself from there. It will build your confidence to get to the end of the programme in one go, rather than run the risk of picking up an injury. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

• MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did you know it's possible to drown while running in Louisiana?? I think it might be. Week 6 Day 1 and I have to admit, I almost didn't make it this time. You would think after W5D3 it would all be downhill! The humidity is so high I couldn't breathe. I live in Louisiana and it rained all day yesterday, and it's so hot, so it's like being in a kettle put on to boil today! I did it, I feel like I need an inhaler, but I did it. :smiley:
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ugggh.. a bit behind due to the long holiday weekend and my lack of motivation. Back to the treadmill tonight. W7D3 this evening.
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 2 today! Trying to get through each week 5 times instead of 3 before I move on. Managed my best pace ever today ...and finally my new shoes are treating me well ! Anyone feel free to add me! Always looking for support
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    W4D1 done. Woooo, 5 mins was not fun, but I did it. Looking forward to my day off tomorrow!
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    fearnsey71 wrote: »

Cheers everyone.

It looks like you have been on a great journey over the last few years. Two additional things to note, don't get disheartened if in a couple of weeks time you need to go slower, that is also normal. Just check your ego at the door on the way out, going faster comes later. Also don't get too carried away now, the programme is conservative and progressive. You need the slow increase in load so as not to overtax your system. You need the rest days to allow your body to adapt and get stronger. C25k lasts 8 weeks, let it take 8 weeks and then push yourself from there. It will build your confidence to get to the end of the programme in one go, rather than run the risk of picking up an injury. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Cheer Robbie. All advice is gladly received. I'm kind of expecting this to take around 10 weeks, some of the jumps in duration are pretty big (like me!, but not for long).

I'm cool with repeating weeks, it's a marathon - not a sprint.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 done. Yay!!!!
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done! On to my final week (W8) tomorrow!! I can see the light at the end of the C25K tunnel! :)