NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    some great NSV im reading here.. Congrats everyone :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the oldest one at Spin. I crush it, of course.
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great jobs, everyone! Happy to say my membership to the "clean plate club" has been revoked.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Girl at the gym said she wished she had my arms! Even though I have small "bat wings." Made me feel really good.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    cairnsmom wrote: »
    Great jobs, everyone! Happy to say my membership to the "clean plate club" has been revoked.

Congrats!!!
  • Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm going to beat the scale this week. I refuse to step on it for another week.
    A fellow in my neighborhood I haven't seen in quite a while was walking his dogs. He stopped to chat. He couldn't believe how much weight I dropped and how much muscle I've gained since last fall.
    That was today's NSV
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You all have some great nsv's. None for me lately but they'll come
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After I finished my 5 1/2 mile walk tonight, I decided to see if I could jog a ways. I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints from believing I was indestructible as a youth, and have not tried to jog more than a half mile or so in over 27 years. I actually made it over a mile! I know that doesn't seem like much to folks who run miles a day, and my 20 year old self would be amused...but my 51 year old self was pretty excited.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Excellent run! I do a lot of run/walking. My NSV today was - went to Costco and didn't sample anything they were hawking.
  • Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV was a small one. Took the motorcycle out and was on a bumpy road. Didn't notice too much jiggling going on in my shirt.
    Felt damn good.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    This morning I swam 1.5 miles nonstop. Then I went back to the pool this afternoon and knocked out another mile. My arms are tired, feels so good!
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is amazing! Be proud!
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can now climb into my husband's work truck and my back and knees have stopped complaining and creaking!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Well done!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I can now climb into my husband's work truck and my back and knees have stopped complaining and creaking!

That's fabulous! Our bodies do tell us when things aren't right, it's great that you listened.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do not have an NSV's yet, but it was so encouraging to read through some of yours!
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I made it up to three miles jogging, tonight. Not bad progress considering a week ago was the first time I made it a mile without stopping.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    I made it up to three miles jogging, tonight. Not bad progress considering a week ago was the first time I made it a mile without stopping.

Wow, that's great progress! Great for you.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I swam 10 miles this week
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I bought back the dress I donated to around Goodwill around Christmas because it fit again. It was mine and I wanted it back.