100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So I'm a little annoyed. I ordered my first box last week only to have them start a special of fast 5 + 40% off + a free week of food. :( anyone know if there is any way to get that deal now... Or is it too late?
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Daisy - it would be worth a call to customer service!!! I sure hope that they can honor that deal for you. Good luck!

Do you know that they also give a discount if you have certain medical insurance coverage? You may have to call your medical insurance provider to get the discount code, but that is really helpful (I think it is 10 or 15%...I have UnitedHealthCare).
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Hi All
    FWIW I was up before Sunrise, Got out the door at about 5:50, Walked 2.75 miles, Ate several of what look like the last of the Wild Raspberries on the walk. Hot and Humid once again, Only saving factor was that I never got hit with Sunshine as it was obscured by Clouds.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Roger - good thoughts about the printer. Only issues - what do I do when I need a fax? go somewhere and pay? I've intermittently used that feature. The other issue is DH is a woodcarver and fly tyer. He shares the printer from his laptop and wants colored pics when he prints. Guessing we can route his printing to the Canon, but it's usually not on. Plus I'm scanning a lot of books and memorabilia which I need a flat bed scanner for. As well as we enlarge copies of designs Dave is working on. Suggestions?

didn't sleep last night, by choice. Went to bed at 4, very tired, but in awe of what God created for us. An online friend did a once in a lifetime trip to Alaska, driving from Wisconsin via ALCAN highway to Fairbanks, plunking for 10 days and taking the ferry back to Washington. She set up a separate photo album with thousands of drop dead gorgeous pics. I didn't want to have to navigate FB to try to pick up, so stayed up. Tired today, but really in awe.

Thanks for your printer feedback, keep em coming! The printer cost isn't as important as the ink cost as we all know. Who knew we'd need an ink budget, as well as a cottonwood bark budget in this house!

Hi Shirl
    I was thinking I should have mentioned to get one with a Flat Bed scanner, I have seen some that have a Flatbed scanner and a page feeder attachment so You scan a stack of pages in one go too.

Do You have room to get a Monochrome Laser printer and a Color All-In-One?
    The Laser printers have a really low cost per page printed for the Toner. They Also have one other advantage :)
    The Toner is fused onto the paper and is more permanent than what a inkjet prints. Try dropping a little water on a newly printed page from a inkjet, Or IsoPropyl Alcohol. The Alcohol will remove Fresh Magic Marker and most ball point pen writing too.

Also look at online user reviews on Amazon or NewEgg for any show stopper problems. Other than that I am currently out of suggestions.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Gracious- I am not doing too well! I need to get re motivated!

Daisy, Walking "Monster" sounds like a hoot! MayMay does not know how to walk at all. I need to work on that. I am trying the giving a treat method every little bit. Any suggestions welcome! Val with all your rescues I know you must have dealt with that! Yep,hounds are energetic, but she loves to play ball and frisbee, and even plays well by herself at times. Thank goodness. She ran under my 16 yr old border collie,he was a little shocked, but she did not touch him doing it, so it was pretty funny. She is learning to be gentle with him.

The only way I can walk her is with a gentle leader.. It's amazing. She fights for about two house lengths and realizes it's a much better choice to walk besides me for the remainder of our walk which is just over a mile around the neighborhood.

Food should be here tomorrow! Got the fruit and veggies bought, cleaned out the fridge and cabinets. Do the drinks require anything special? I get the fast 5 with my first order and couldn't find if they required milk for the shake or not.

Hi Daisylee
    Quick Question for You, Does Your plan also require PowerFuels?
    I like the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt flavors, they are delicious :) and only 80 calories too.

Also Skim Milk for those items that need it. Those would be the pancake Mix, and Cereals. I use a Blender Stick from Cuisinart that has a removable power head for easy cleaning. I add 8 ounces of cold bottled water and blend and I am happy with them. Be prepared for the Energizer shakes, they are the one shake I did not like. If You can not handle them call customer service for replacement suggestions.

I also suggest using a Electronic Scale for portion control. I put the plate on it, turn it on and it zeros itself then I add my vegetables for example. One 12 Ounce Bag of Frozen vegetables if 340 grams and 4 servings. Avoid Vegetables such as Potatoes, Peas and Corn, they are considered a SmartCarb and not a vegetable.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang - I've been MIA for a few weeks. I'm glad to be back and although I was not totally on plan and put on a couple of pounds, I am back in the saddle again and ready to drop the next 10 lbs. Thanks for everyone posting - can't read through them all but I'm glad we are all in this together and can support each other. Have a great Tuesday (what's left of it)! ....Bev
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    I'm not sure if my plan has those or not roger .. I couldn't find anything in my packet. My daily planner has breakfast with a power fuel.. Power fuel snack.. Lunch with power fuel and smart carb.. Dinner and then dessert. But I'm guessing these are all the same for everyone?
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    On the print of of the inventory in the box it says welcome kit-1200-1499... So I'm assuming that's how many calories I'm supposed to eat?
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Roger - thanks again for the printer issue. Tight corner - already have an all in one and the canon picture printer, a neat scanner, and a flatbed scanner that does slides, which is stashed on a very narrow shelf unless I need it - so as much as your info is spot on - prolly won't work for me. A monochrome laser would be stellar for my genie work, but won't work for Dave's designs, although we might be able to hook up the canon, would just have to leave it on and loaded with paper which would disrupt some of my stuff. I have used both laser and ink jet and know the laser fuses the ink. Will let you know when I make my decision or purchase.

Went to see Antman tonight - loved it, which was a surprise. Also had a black and blue mojito with dinner - a mojito with blueberries and blackberries. Yum.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside, much cooler and lower Humidity than Yesterday. I'm not sure how far I walked as I need to map it out and see. Much more comfortable and more people out walking and jogging too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Hi Gang - I've been MIA for a few weeks. I'm glad to be back and although I was not totally on plan and put on a couple of pounds, I am back in the saddle again and ready to drop the next 10 lbs. Thanks for everyone posting - can't read through them all but I'm glad we are all in this together and can support each other. Have a great Tuesday (what's left of it)! ....Bev

Hi Bev
    Welcome back, Support does indeed help.

Cheers
    Roger
    I'm not sure if my plan has those or not roger .. I couldn't find anything in my packet. My daily planner has breakfast with a power fuel.. Power fuel snack.. Lunch with power fuel and smart carb.. Dinner and then dessert. But I'm guessing these are all the same for everyone?
    On the print of of the inventory in the box it says welcome kit-1200-1499... So I'm assuming that's how many calories I'm supposed to eat?

Hi DaisyLee
    I would suggest calling the NutriSystem Counselors and confirming that You are on the right plan and clarification.

It sounds as if You are on the MyWay 1200. What plan they put You on is based on the information You input when You signed up. Any changes including adding exercise can change that. So No, They are not all the same for everybody.

Good Luck, Feel free to ask questions we will be glad to help
    Roger
    Roger - thanks again for the printer issue. Tight corner - already have an all in one and the canon picture printer, a neat scanner, and a flatbed scanner that does slides, which is stashed on a very narrow shelf unless I need it - so as much as your info is spot on - prolly won't work for me. A monochrome laser would be stellar for my genie work, but won't work for Dave's designs, although we might be able to hook up the canon, would just have to leave it on and loaded with paper which would disrupt some of my stuff. I have used both laser and ink jet and know the laser fuses the ink. Will let you know when I make my decision or purchase.

Went to see Antman tonight - loved it, which was a surprise. Also had a black and blue mojito with dinner - a mojito with blueberries and blackberries. Yum.

Hi Shirl
    Would the Cannon have to left on? I turn mine off when not in use as I do with much of my computer stuff. That saves wear and tear on moving parts.

Good Luck deciding
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    Options
    hi all - gorgeous day in CLE - had another panic attack last night - dislike those! Keep on program - it's worth it.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    hi all - gorgeous day in CLE - had another panic attack last night - dislike those! Keep on program - it's worth it.

Hi Shirl, glad you had nice weather...were pushing 100 each day down here in TX.

Sorry about your panic attack. They are so disruptive n feel so overwhelming.
    Take care, Val
  • 5mates
    Options
    Happy Friday NS buddies. Weekly WI this morning and managed to get rid of all that I had regained over the last few weeks. I have to happily shout: THIS PROGRAM WORKS! Had an appt with the ortho surgeon yesterday re: my hip. He's holding fast to the requirement that I lose another 25 lbs before he will do the anterior hip replacement.(Could get a posterior one now but I would rather the new and improved method for rehab and recovery benefits plus others.) So the 25 lbs requirement is there because of pannus. ( A new word for me yesterday.) In layman's language - belly flab overhang. Was wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and if you have had any non-surgical success in reducing the good 'ol pannus?
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Pannus equals belly apron in my book. Makes sense as far as surgery tho. Don't know if it's possible to reduce, just pull in with spanx, not what you really want to do in this heat. Did the doc have any suggestions?

Doin a whole lot of nothing today- learning to love it. High 80s here - hangin inside - chilling a watermelon - stepson gifted us with lasagna, so dinner's already made. Have several things I want to tweak around the house prior to my friend Mitzi coming by for the first time next Wed - will forgive myself if I don't get them all done, but gives me a goal.

Happy weekend all.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Happy Friday NS buddies. Weekly WI this morning and managed to get rid of all that I had regained over the last few weeks. I have to happily shout: THIS PROGRAM WORKS! Had an appt with the ortho surgeon yesterday re: my hip. He's holding fast to the requirement that I lose another 25 lbs before he will do the anterior hip replacement.(Could get a posterior one now but I would rather the new and improved method for rehab and recovery benefits plus others.) So the 25 lbs requirement is there because of pannus. ( A new word for me yesterday.) In layman's language - belly flab overhang. Was wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and if you have had any non-surgical success in reducing the good 'ol pannus?

When I started my three "spare tires" felt like they were about to split open from too much fat. (They did hold the boobs up though.) Now the upper two have melted to a squishy area, and the lower sag and would be a pannus. It is much smaller, not at all threatening to burst. I still have 50# to lose to get to "healthy". No clue what it will look like then.
    SPANX will probably be needed to hold the sag in place.
  • 5mates
    Options
    Thanks Scrappin and Hope. For appearances Spanx would do it. However, for surgery the issue is risk of infection to the surgical area. The Dr only suggested that I might need to explore a pannectomy (spelling?) so I was looking for a non-surgical approach. Trying the crunches and focus on the core when I am in stretching, strengthening and toning class at the Y. I guess I'll just need to wait and see how it looks 25lbs from now. Thanks and have a good weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Another beautiful morning when I left around 6:25AM and less than 70 degrees, Currently it is 88 degrees and feels hot. I ended up walking 2.8 miles.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Shirl
    Good Luck keeping the panic attacks away. They sound debilitating.
    Roger
    Thanks Scrappin and Hope. For appearances Spanx would do it. However, for surgery the issue is risk of infection to the surgical area. The Dr only suggested that I might need to explore a pannectomy (spelling?) so I was looking for a non-surgical approach. Trying the crunches and focus on the core when I am in stretching, strengthening and toning class at the Y. I guess I'll just need to wait and see how it looks 25lbs from now. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Hi 5mates
    I will be looking forward to hearing how the exercise does at getting rid of that problem.
    I would not be interested in extra surgery either.

Congratulations on getting back to where you can start on that 25 pounds.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Hi everyone ! Hope all is well.

5mates... When I lost all my weight before I was able to rid myself of all that with lots and lots of different core exercises... Between yoga and a borrowed ab section of p90x that was 20 minutes of where nightmares are born.. It really did make a difference.

Was planning on mowing the yard but it's in the low 90's... Going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Been on the diet since Tuesday... Already lost 3 pounds per my new scale... The old one I had varied so much. Love the new one though! I've also stopped drinking coffee so that's been rough. Been so tired lately without it but hopefully once my body adjusts to all the shock of the changes all going on, I'll be able to function in a non caffeine world
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I would expect that age and how long the fat was there affect whether things snap back in place.
    I'm almost 51, and had that fat belly for more than 30 years. I'd be ELATED if everything snapped back! But, I'm trying to be realistic.
    In all cases, good muscle tone always makes things look better!
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Wow - what a day - not in a good way. So much for my do nothing day. Things went South at 5:15 pm. Went to cover a snack and my insulin pump went wacky, scrolling and scrolling - took out the insulin, then the battery. Put battery back in - pump dead - then got battery error and it started alarming - only thing to do was to take the battery out.

Its deader than a door nail. It took over 5 hrs to sort out how to cover my needs until a new pump is in place. Surprisingly, Medtronics in CA has already shipped a pump to OH - will be here by noon, or even during the middle of the night at no cost to me. Clinic closes at 5, MD on call wasn't happy I was ruining her Friday eve and even went as far as saying talk to the pharmacist, if I make a mistake, it could kill you. No, gee, I didn't know that? Not a confidence builder and no one else to turn to for a solution.

Insulin coverage solution added up to $200 - 2 insulin pens, 1 short acting, 1 long acting, plus pen needles. All for max of 18 hrs. Can't restart the pump until long acting insulin is out of system, otherwise I will put too much juice in my system.

Pump is gonna be way more pricey - even tho I'm on Medicare, if they won't cover pump supplies due to pancreas not being dead, no way will they pay for a new pump, nor will my co insurance. Thankful that we have an IRA - had no intention running thru it in less than 2 years. Medtronics said they'll work with me - I'll call my finance guy Monday to see if I take the major hit, including taxes, or dribble it out. Really bad timing. Should of gotten a new one prior to changing insurances, didn't.

A nurse friend who lives on the next street was nice enuf to confirm doses sounded correct and walked me thru long acting injections as I've not done this for 8 years. Nothing like hand holding at 10 pm.

Gonna be an interesting night - UPS is supposed to call 2 hrs prior to delivery. I have to take sugars every 2 hrs and if I go low - go to the ER, which I'll do via squad.

Hope your day was better!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Shirl, how frightening! I am glad you were able to find people to help you out! I am hoping all goes well for you, yep , not the greatest of days! But more than glad you seem to be in control. It hurts when the money goes so fast, but it is something you need, that is for sure! Keep us informed, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

My day went better. I could not walk, my foot was hurting. I thought I had bruised my foot and stepped wrong, maybe pulling a muscle or tearing a ligament.The pain was terrible. Turns out I have gout. I can not believe it. This would be the week or so, as I have had steak twice, a hamburger, and seafood. Just stuff I was missing. I had asparagus for dinner. It turns out all of it is high in purines, which causes the crystals, which causes the pain. I hardly ever eat red meat anymore, so I am shocked I would have a 1st attack from the above, over really a two week period. I wonder if eating so correctly for so long, then splurging had a worse effect than normal. The pain has lessened pretty quickly on the new meds, so I am assuming the diagnosis is more than right. At least the meds are cheap, as they are older than the hills. So...Another reason to eat better!

Bev, good to have you post and catch up! Glad you are doing well! It feels good to be on track, makes me wonder why we get ourselves off track, lol!

Belly fat is helped by core exercises, mostly by toning and supporting. The best thing to get rid of it is not having too much sugar and having the low impact type carbs, not all the white colored (that are so good.) So NS helps with that. Which means you have to pay attention to portion control, much over 35mg. (I think it is mg.) at a time raises your sugar, though it is different numbers for everyone. Always something, lol!

Val and Daisy, thanks for the doggie hints! Keep up the good work!! Jan <3

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Shirl - wow! Sorry you have to go thru all that, and on a Fri evening! Kudos to you for making all the calls to get a path forward. Grr to the snarky doc--like she's the only person who ever worked a Fri evening...and she KNOWS it's a critical-life issue. Hoping and praying that all goes well for you!

Jan - sorry about your gout. Hope the pain subsides n you recover quickly. Another NS MFP friend just came down w gout too. I'll have to read up on what triggers that. Will keep you in my thoughts n prayers too.

Hugs, Val