JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @clepant Ouch! I've been stung once in my life and can't imagine many at the same time.

@Leanz I'm very sorry for your loss.

Night two of three, it finally settled down enough for me to do a mile around the halls.

An hour and a half left - this is the scary time - all the women who stayed home, not wanting to venture out in the wee hours, start rolling in.

Total miles 132.7
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Today I used up my third strike. Last week while weeding I in-nested a hive of wood borer bees. No stings. Monday I was pulling weeds and opened up a ground nest of little bees. No stings. Today at my dads I was weeding and I opened up a huge ground nest of yellow jackets. I had five or six stings around both ankles before I even realized what happen. So I guess that is strike three. It is good I am not allergic but I hate the after itch that lasts for weeks. Not allowed to take Benadryl either because it reacts to a med I take.

July 25: 11 miles of walking 6 and cycling 5 miles
    TTD: 251.7 miles

Youch! Those sting like a mother. Hope you're doing better soon.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Ticker still not working. Adding 15 for 345 out of 300.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Options
    @CLEPANT - Ouch!! It sounds like you had run your course of good luck! :anguished: That's no fun for sure. I'm allergic to bee stings, or at least I was when I was a teenager. I was out in the middle of nowhere with my son a couple years ago. He was doing his gun safety field training and he was practicing carrying a rifle safely through brush and I was tagging along as a parent chaperone and someone disturbed some sort of nest and whatever it was came straight for me and I got stung in the neck several times. I had always heard that I needed to get to a hospital quickly if that happened or my airway might get blocked from swelling...but medical help was nowhere near. I managed to ice it down and thankfully didn't have a severe reaction to the venom. I don't know exactly what they were, but I guess that day was not the day my number was up. :)

@LEANZ - I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother too! My heart goes out to you. :flowerforyou:

I need to get off my butt and move today. Even though after Friday I only needed a little over a mile to make goal, it didn't happen yesterday. I swam with my boys in the pool, but I think I ended the day with only 2500 steps?? :tired_face: Yikes....I've averaged well over 12K every single day for the last two weeks maybe? I probably needed a rest day, but jeez....

Dave
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,798 Member
    Options
    my ticker has apparently screwed up but I have added 6.44 miles of walking for a total of 27.5mi
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    7/26 - 2.37 miles walking

MTD - 56.03 miles
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Adding 45.6 mi for a morning bike ride.

Total- 381.17/ 300
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congrats to GrandmaJackie on making goal!

@leanz - so sorry about your mother. My sympathies to you and your family. So glad you have a puppy to add some joy to this difficult time.

@clepant - ouch! Hope it stops hurting and itching soon.

@Just_ceci - big time bonus miles!

@momof2boyz - you've got this.

@tlacox - glad you are healing. Hang in there.

@lovemyalex - that's some amazing mileage for one just out of surgery.

I did nothing today (other than present the volunteer project I've been working on). I decided I needed a decompression day. Back at it tomorrow. Hope you all had a fab weekend!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

7/26

4.15 miles (exercise bike) & .1 mile walking

4.25 miles for today

75.56 miles done and 25.56 miles over goal.... :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.4 miles walked today

138.53 miles walked to date
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    @ Dave: you should carry an epi-pen if you are allergic to bee venom,
    @Leanz: My sympathy in your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy whether paren, sibling or child.

July 26: 11 miles of which 4 miles are from running, 2 walking and 5 cycling
    TTD: 262.7 miles
  • darkrider42
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @ Dave: you should carry an epi-pen if you are allergic to bee venom,
    @Leanz: My sympathy in your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy whether paren, sibling or child.

July 26: 11 miles of which 4 miles are from running, 2 walking and 5 cycling
    TTD: 262.7 miles
    I probably should....that was the first time I had been stung in about 40 years and really wasn't sure if I still was allergic or not. I guess even now, I still don't know...
  • bebogrrl
    bebogrrl Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    69.34. /125

Haven't updated for awhile, just checked the spreadsheet to see my numbers. I will update soon. Thanks!!

Edit... I used my Fitbit dashboard it gave me a easy- peasy readout for the 1st - 25th,

MTD 105.88
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I cleaned house for my bachelor friend yesterday & afterwards was just lazy so needless to say I did not move my @ss . Today after church I got our home cleaned & being it is in the 90's outside I stayed in & rode the ex bike 10 miles. My total now is 186. (wonder when ticker factory will be back up & running)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I drove 200 miles home this morning, then jumped on the bike for a victory lap around the Champs de Newberg to end the TdF Challenge. What a long 21 stages. Now I am suitably tired.

07/23 - 07.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 18)
    07/24 - 07.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 19)
    07/25 - 14.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 20)
    07/26 - 09.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 21)

Total: 225.0 miles

Ticker Factory not working, please add 37 miles to my total for 225 miles.

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    @leanz I am so very sorry for your loss.
    @clepant ouch! Sorry about your stings!
    @Dave it's funny about the steps, my friend and I have been cheering eachother in the app for our LOW steps, lol! She's hurt too and is supposed to be off her feet also. Cheering for resting is good too, right? I've been trying to ignore seeing myself slowly sinking to the very bottom of my leaderboard, lol!!

I rode my bike 9.4 miles with my son this morning making goal for me.

MTD 75 :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,296 Member
    Options
    This morning was beautiful. Walked with DDD then got on the recumbent. It was a good day!

Sun - 5.08 miles
    Sun - 12.0 miles on the recumbent bike

Total through 07/26 = 206.98...and that makes GOAL for me!!! :D

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Chris
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And we are in the green!! Woooohooo!
    10 miles in today..total now 93.95 miles....
    16.05 to go..
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Took a long walk this morning and then spent the rest of the day helping my college student start cleaning up her apartment to move out. It's much cleaner, but it still needs more work before Friday. I hope she is getting more done before then.

Added 6.5 miles today. July total 121.5 miles

@Leanz I'm sorry for your loss. I lost Dad in April and it still doesn't seem real some days.

@Lovemyalex Wow look at you go. You aren't letting a little knee replacement keep you down.

5 more days to go everyone! Lets keep moving.

edit: I really hope tickerfactory is back up soon. It took me 4 tries to get my miles right tonight. >:)
  • darkrider42
    Options
    scarfe9991 wrote: »
    @Dave it's funny about the steps, my friend and I have been cheering each other in the app for our LOW steps, lol! She's hurt too and is supposed to be off her feet also. Cheering for resting is good too, right? I've been trying to ignore seeing myself slowly sinking to the very bottom of my leaderboard, lol!!
    That is* funny, but it's also AWESOME of you to encourage each other to lay off the activity! Excellent way to use the technology to support each other in healing!!! I love it!! :drinker:

Dave
This discussion has been closed.