100% Challenge The Freedom to Choose Healthy Living June 22 Until August 2

Options

Replies

• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Roger Too...I can't believe you are still walking that far in this heat! I did mow the front yard last night and I noticed when I got done that I saw wavey lines in front of my face and on the grass. And thanks for your opinion of the fruit smoothies!

Suegen...Horray for getting into the 180's! And for losing 2.5 pounds last week! That's terrific!
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I just have to tell you some awesome news. I went to the doc today, first, he was very proud of what I was doing, and second and best of all, he is lowering my diabetics meds and my cholesterol meds. 5 months of hard work to hear those words. I can't wait for my next appt in 6 months.

7/27 100%
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/22 = Not 100%
    7/23 = 100%
    7/24 thru 7/26 = Not 100%
    WI = 242

Okay, didn't realize that I spent so many days not posting. Updated the spreadsheet several times, but guess I was just putting my days there. :smile: Most of my red days were more like yellow versus red. Too much eating out and too much sodium and carbs to count as green. BUT I am loving all your green days!!! I promise to make it less red this week!

I feel you all about the heat. It's a heat warning here yesterday and today feeling like about 110 degrees mid day. The air quality is poor, as well.

Sue - Congrats on the 180's! You are doing awesome and are on quite a streak!

Oh no, just noticed the time... Gotta run and get ready so I can have my car at dealership in an hour...

Happy Tuesday!

Mary
    :)

!00% Challenge - Freedom to Choose Healthy Living Spreadsheet 6/22 thru 8/2

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I just have to tell you some awesome news. I went to the doc today, first, he was very proud of what I was doing, and second and best of all, he is lowering my diabetics meds and my cholesterol meds. 5 months of hard work to hear those words. I can't wait for my next appt in 6 months.

7/27 100%

WHOO HOO, D. I am happy for you that your meds are lowered! This is fantastic. I know you feel better, too.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning all ...for some reason I thought I posted for 7/24 hmm....I guess not lol

07/24 100 %
    07/25 100 %
    07/26 100 %

Weigh in today.....I finally got into the 180's land wooohoo :).

Weigh in 188.0 lbs.
    Change - 2.5 lbs.
    I am sure the happy dance I did this morning will add to a little more weight loss lol.

Excellent, Sue. Proud for you and getting in the 180's!!

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    7/22 = Not 100%
    7/23 = 100%
    WI = 242

Okay, didn't realize that I spent so many days not posting. Updated the spreadsheet several times, but guess I was just putting my days there. :smile: Most of my red days were more like yellow versus red. Too much eating out and too much sodium and carbs to count as green. BUT I am loving all your green days!!! I promise to make it less red this week!

I feel you all about the heat. It's a heat warning here yesterday and today feeling like about 110 degrees mid day. The air quality is poor, as well.

Oh no, just noticed the time... Gotta run and get ready so I can have my car at dealership in an hour...

Happy Tuesday!

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

Hi Mary. Thanks for keeping up with the Spreadsheet.

I have made a mistake on mine. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong with my start/goals, etc. Then, looked back on a document I had at the beginning of this Challenge and realized I did not enter in my correct starting weight here. I'm sorry I made the mistake and if you can't correct the Spreadsheet, that's o.k.

Here is what mine should read:

Start: 173.8
    Goal: 6 pounds
    Total loss so far: 2.6 pounds

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 7/27

I was able to update my weight ticker this a.m. at Ticker Factory. :):):)

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png 8ovjoiygai9m.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

07/28/2015 100%

Hi All
    I got out the Door at 5:20AM, Sunrise was at 5:47, It was semi comfortable with the Humidity, However I did beat the heat of the day and Only had sun on my back as I was heading to home. 2.75 Miles, 14 Cents and sweating. The temperatures today are suppose to hit near 90, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s and a THI in the triple digits.

I just did a quick run to the produce store, hot outside now.

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning all ...for some reason I thought I posted for 7/24 hmm....I guess not lol

07/24 100 %
    07/25 100 %
    07/26 100 %

Weigh in today.....I finally got into the 180's land wooohoo :).

Weigh in 188.0 lbs.
    Change - 2.5 lbs.
    I am sure the happy dance I did this morning will add to a little more weight loss lol.

Hi Sue
    rdb.gif with the weight loss and getting into the 180s.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    Roger Too...I can't believe you are still walking that far in this heat! I did mow the front yard last night and I noticed when I got done that I saw wavey lines in front of my face and on the grass. And thanks for your opinion of the fruit smoothies!

Suegen...Horray for getting into the 180's! And for losing 2.5 pounds last week! That's terrific!

Hi Ginny
    If You notice my opening part of this post I beat the Sun going out the door. It was only, Only! in the 70s. Tomorrow I may not walk or mat only walk a few blocks for a coffee :)

Cheers
    RogerToo

7/27 100%

Hi dharris
    Congratulations on the improved (Lowered) Medications tmje.gif

I was happy how my FBS and A1C responded to being on NutriSystem and losing weight too.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    7/22 = Not 100%
    7/23 = 100%
    WI = 242

Happy Tuesday!

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

Hi Mary
    Thank You for maintaining the Spreadsheet!

They are Opening Cooling Centers in parts of NJ and NYC.

Good Luck Going Green
    Cheers
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    100% 07/26/2015 & 07/27/2015
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I walked very early this a.m. and then again this afternoon after morning meetings.

I'm not going to do that again. I still can't get comfortable.

100% 7/28

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png 8ovjoiygai9m.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • dharris1014
    Options
    7/28 100%
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/27 = 100%
    7/28 = Not 100%

Donna - Awesome job! What a great feeling to be successful in your weight loss and see the positive impact to your health numbers. Very happy for you!

Flo - It's no trouble, at all, and your starting weight is fixed! Was driving you crazy, eh??? :smile:

Rogertoo - You are in a groove with your morning walks. I sometimes wish I wasn't working full-time so that I could get more activity in during the day. Although early morning exercising is not how I roll, at least not before the sun is up anyway... 8 am? sure... 6 am? not so much... :wink: But totally get beating the heat methodology. It was 110 heat index today and at 8 pm, still felt like 96 degrees outside.

The good news for the weather is that it's the last day of super heat for awhile here. Was peaking ahead for next week's Muny show and should have a beautiful night on Thursday for Beauty & the Beast. The extended forecast also looks good for 2 weeks when I see the last show of the season, Oklahoma. Neither show will beat my favorite for the year, Holiday Inn.

Here's a summary clip of the show from youtube. It was such a great show. :smiley:

Holiday Inn (The Muny 2015)

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png
  • ginnywed
    edited July 2015
    Options
    NOT 100% 7/27 Went with the dogs when I got up this morning. Windy and nice temperatures..it was 68 without humidity. And the sun is shining...its a beautiful day.
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/28/2015 100%

Hi All
    I got out the door at 5:45AM, I did not beat the heat of course, but it was not too bad until a little ways into the walk so I ended up walking 2.7 Miles :) I worked up a fair sweat despite getting home at 7AM it was already hot.
    Getting out early is the only way to beat the worst of the heat and beat the sun beating down on me too.

Have a Nice Day
    RogerToo
    7/27 = 100%
    7/28 = Not 100%

Donna - Awesome job! What a great feeling to be successful in your weight loss and see the positive impact to your health numbers. Very happy for you!

Flo - It's no trouble, at all, and your starting weight is fixed! Was driving you crazy, eh??? :smile:

Rogertoo - You are in a groove with your morning walks. I sometimes wish I wasn't working full-time so that I could get more activity in during the day. Although early morning exercising is not how I roll, at least not before the sun is up anyway... 8 am? sure... 6 am? not so much... :wink: But totally get beating the heat methodology. It was 110 heat index today and at 8 pm, still felt like 96 degrees outside.

The good news for the weather is that it's the last day of super heat for awhile here. Was peaking ahead for next week's Muny show and should have a beautiful night on Thursday for Beauty & the Beast. The extended forecast also looks good for 2 weeks when I see the last show of the season, Oklahoma. Neither show will beat my favorite for the year, Holiday Inn.

Here's a summary clip of the show from youtube. It was such a great show. :smiley:

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

Hi Mary
    I am not sure how far I could walk if I did not get out early ahead of the worst of the Sunshine and heat. Temperatures are supposed to hit 95 today and Humid, Slightly Cooler Thursday and a still showing 90 for Friday & Saturday. Yuck!

I walked out the Door to help Unload the Groceries and wow already Hot :(

Cheers
    Roger
    ginnywed wrote: »
    NOT 100% 7/27 Went with the dogs when I got up this morning. Windy and nice temperatures..it was 68 without humidity. And the sun is shining...its a beautiful day.

Hi Ginny
    Want to trade Weather? :)

Cheers
    Roger

• CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% 07/28/2015
  • Nightingale2200
    Options

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

THANK YOU, Mary. Yeah, it was making me nuts. LOL!

Oh, I would LOVE to see Beauty & the Beast.

100% 7/29

• dharris1014
    Options
    7/29 NOT 100%
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 7/28
  • RogerToo
    Options
    07/29/2015 100%

Hi All
    I must be crazy :) despite the humidity and heat I went walking, I did do a new route so I could cut the run short and get home quickly from any point. That Meant I was doing an unmapped, unknown distance. I ended up going 2.84 miles and was soaked by the time I got home. Oh well, another day done.

Yesterday was a day!
    We had the refrigerator repair coming on Tuesday but somewhere between Amana (Whirlpool) and the repair center it went astray and Ended up Wednesday after I called Amana and said I called the repair people and they have no record of an appointment? I am hopeful this will be a permanent fix. It seems that the original design was a problem in use. What would happen is that the water from the defrost cycles would stop draining into the pan and start running out of the freezer onto the floor. The repair involved installing a new design part that should be clog resistant.

The Yesterday The other computer just shut off. Based on what I know based on the symptoms it appears that the power supply has gone bad. I have ordered a replacement. It should be here sometime next week, Until then I have no way to print as that was the only one set up to use the printer.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Red all days

Hey guys. I've been trying to get in here for a couple of weeks. I really need it. I got a new BBB several weeks ago and thought that would help to get me back on track. But it hasn't, but at least this week hasn't been as far off as the past couple of months. I've let this get too far out of control. It's practically starting over.

Still can't walk much without pain. My PT sessions have ended so I just have to keep working on strengthening my foot and leg. I have to keep at it.

7861959102_b87b79dd67_m.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP