Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,698 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Working a long middle today. Yesterday I got the bulkiest part of the laundry done after we got back. I guess I'll finish up with that tomorrow.

Wednesday maybe I can go and work on getting my replacement drivers license.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good 'mid' Morning! Monday, Monday!!
    Few thing started this morning, trip to the gym, and some 'sorting' of stuff is the agenda for my day. I opened the door to feed the cats this morning and found that the humidity has returned. ICK! It was great for the couple of days we were 'dry'. :)
    Also I need some rain. Ed, your end of the county too?

Roger hope you had a good morning for walking. I do admire your sticking thru the heat, i.e. getting up at the crack of dawn, etc.

I made it to the gym yesterday, and have every intention of going again today! If I do, I have a good chance of going 5-6 days this week! ....,.. (not as impressive as Rogers record, but gaining ground) :smiley:

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out and walked a 2.75 mile loop, I reversed the direction of the loop so I could avoid walking into the rising sun for 95% of the walk.

I picked up a Extra Large QC Coffee on the outbound and went back into the QC for a DeCaf on the way back home. I reused the old Coffee cup as I had just emptied it and got charged the refill rate saving 50 cents + Tax, Thank You to the Young Lady at the register.

Have a Great Monday and the Start of the New Challenge
    RogerToo
    Hey Roger!
    Ed's in the mountains, not sure if he's back tonite, or Monday. So it just You and Me kid!!! :) Who's line was that anyhow?

Low humidity again here today, felt wonderful, and like yours, humidity will return overnight. Boo!
    Busy running errands, but I have managed some chores, and a trip to the gym. I needed a few more steps on the FitBit!.

Watering my moss lawn and a raised bed under one of the maple trees, and it time to go turn it off,
    So ....
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Just You and Me, Kid (1979) is where I remember it and it is the title of a George Burns Movie. I am sure it comes from somewhere else earlier on........
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079384/

Good 'mid' Morning! Monday, Monday!!
    Few thing started this morning, trip to the gym, and some 'sorting' of stuff is the agenda for my day. I opened the door to feed the cats this morning and found that the humidity has returned. ICK! It was great for the couple of days we were 'dry'. :)
    Also I need some rain. Ed, your end of the county too?

Roger hope you had a good morning for walking. I do admire your sticking thru the heat, i.e. getting up at the crack of dawn, etc.

I made it to the gym yesterday, and have every intention of going again today! If I do, I have a good chance of going 5-6 days this week! ....,.. (not as impressive as Rogers record, but gaining ground) :smiley:

Later...

Hi Again
    I get out early in self defense against the heat. It does mean I run out of steam earlier than I used to, often by 10PM.

The Humidity is supposed to be moving in today as the day progresses, Yuck

I tried a Gym in days gone past, I could not sustain going. Cheers for Your Perseverance :)
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Roger,
    I'd run out of steam way before 10 p. if I was getting up early as you are!
    You have to remember I worked at this gym for 8+ years, so I know quite a few of the other members....AND its only a mile from my house. (0.9 actually)... so its just a hop into the car and I'm there. Planet Fitness is only $10 a month.... cheap as it gets I think :).
    Today's trip was about 20 minutes of walking and 40 min on the strength machines. Tomorrow will be cardio only, Wed, I'll be in Atl at my chiro, WO on Thurs and hopefully Friday afternoon. If I make it Friday I will feel 'justified' to stay home over the weekend! LOL!!!

Sorry you're getting your humidity back. Ours came back with a vengeance today!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Valerie
    I knew You had worked at a gym, 8+ years is a fair length of time.

Sooner or later I will have to start with a gym myself to tighten things up :)

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Lilo has been fed. I need to get the rest of the laundry done today, and suspect that D left some of his junk in there. I distinctly told him to clear the laundry but he tends to hear things, acknowledge them and then promptly get distracted by a shiny squirrel and forget. If his stuff is still there, he'll find it ... somewhere...maybe.

Lilo has been fed and my kielbasa is nearly blackened enough for my taste, so that, and a sweet Georgia peach and a little bit of pepperjack will be breakfast.

Lator, gaters!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning,
    Gonna be hot in GA today. Sunshine thru the trees is beautiful this morning though. :)
    Chores at home, and gym. That's it for my day........at least the 'planned' part of my day. You know how that goes!!!

later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out early today walking, It looked like the rain was done, wrong :) 20 minutes into the walk it started a to rain. I was glad I had the Umbrella in my pocket too. I shortened the walk somewhat, 2.5 miles :)

I posted Four new recipes to day in the recipes group here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106935-nutrisystem-plan-recipes
    I posted Carrot Cake Muffins & Cream Cheese Frosting by Peter W,
    Angel Lush Cake by Dlekapj (Linda) from the old NS Forums,
    Chocolate Cupcakes by Christina Gray from the Old NS forums
    and Chocolate Frosting by Christina Gray from the old NS Forums

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Tuesday Morning,
    Gonna be hot in GA today. Sunshine thru the trees is beautiful this morning though. :)
    Chores at home, and gym. That's it for my day........at least the 'planned' part of my day. You know how that goes!!!

later...

Hi Valerie
    It was nice out during the walk before the rain came back and for a little while after, Then the Humidity kicked in and it is currently hot & humid and Miserable outside. I know that from a run to the bank and the recycle center with paper.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi
    According to DaisyLee's post here

It Appears that the $20 sale is back on from 8-6-2015 to 8-30-2015. Not confirmed until I see it happen FWIW of course. But worth checking on that date.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning! Wednesday...
    Day off from the gym. Chiro at lunch time, then a quick run (drive) up the street to Mid Town Whole Foods. They have great hot bar vegan entrees! And I need a loaf of bread, and organic bananas. Hopefully I won't get much more than that!!! :) Oh, already the list grows, need dish soap and kitchen hand soap.... and so the list grows.

They're saying rain here Thurs late into Friday. We surely do need it.

Couple chores to do before going into ATL...and chat with DS1 this afternoon. Should be my day!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all
    I got out for a walk today 2.8 miles and 60 Cents.
    That means that I paid $1.07 for my Large Black Coffee minus $0.60 for a net cost of $0.47 :)
    The weather was beautiful too, Not Humid and in the 60s, Whee!

So far no need to turn on the AC either.

Have a Nice Day
    RogerToo
    Good Morning! Wednesday...
    Day off from the gym. Chiro at lunch time, then a quick run (drive) up the street to Mid Town Whole Foods. They have great hot bar vegan entrees! And I need a loaf of bread, and organic bananas. Hopefully I won't get much more than that!!! :) Oh, already the list grows, need dish soap and kitchen hand soap.... and so the list grows.

They're saying rain here Thurs late into Friday. We surely do need it.

Couple chores to do before going into ATL...and chat with DS1 this afternoon. Should be my day!

Hi Kat
    Am I remembering wrong or did Atlanta's drought end?

Isn't it amazing how a short shopping list can balloon :)

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I've been up for a LONG time but busy getting Lilo fed, getting Clyde to the vet to be altered, getting Bonnie medicated, getting me to the doctor so they could pull enough blood to clone me, then finding food and then getting to the department of driver services to get my new drivers license ordered.

Busy morning! Clyde should be ready to come home this afternoon, all going well.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Home made vegan pasta e fagioli for dinner. Must be good as J is on his second helping and says that it's really good! I, of course, had one small bowl...and I thought it was pretty good myself. :)

• parityanimal
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Working a 5 hour middle today in the middle of scattered thunderstorms. Nothing much else on the agenda though.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I did my walk this morning, 2.8 Miles. Humidity is low, and the temperature was in the 50s, I felt a little chilly until I warmed up from the walking or maybe it was the 1/2 banana I ate on the way out of the house.

Walking past the stream below our one parks dam I saw the Blue Heron in the stream. I have noticed it now for each of the three days I walked that way recently. Then we seem to be getting deer into the area too. I saw Four next to that brook one evening walk, Three grazing in a different park and four along another brook the other day. They sure are destructive to plantings and gardens too. Oh well.............

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning on a fine Thursday mid morning!
    I fell into the internet, and just 'surfaced', big gulp of air...and I'm going diving again! I fell into a nest of vegan and vegetarian recipe's that seem down to earth and don't require a quarter tsp of something you know you'll never use again kinda recipe's.

Ed, I hate you have to work during the storms today, but we need rain so badly, that I have to hope we get it.
    I've watered twice, and need to do it again if this doesn't pan out.
    Tell how you made the pasta e fagioli, please? I found this strange sauce 'Vegan Cheese Sauce" at the Midtown WH yesterday. I opened it and it tastes pretty good. It does have a list of ingredients, but no other info on it...makes me think it was made at Whole Foods... and in my Wednesday charge thru Publix they had Publix pasta on sale for a buck a box, so I got 3. :) I was almost out of penne, and had been wanting a cold farfalle salad, etc.....
    Have been missing cheese for awhile, and if J thought your fagioli was good, I'd love to give it a try!

Yesterday off from the gym seemed weird, but my gym time is paying off. Chiro was very impressed with my bones, and sent me on my way for another month!!! YEA!!!!! So, sometime this afternoon I will be found at PF walking and doing strength machines. I need to figure out some core exercises...I know I've done them before, just have to get a list organized and then DO IT!!

Roger I can visualize you out walking! When I lived in NJ so many years ago, there was an older Indian man who walked past my house every day...neighbors said he'd been walking for some time, and that they'd watched him lose a lot of weight! So keep up the good!!!! :)

Ok, I need to either go fix some kind of breakfast, or wait another half hour or so, and just skip breakfast and tumble right into lunch!!!! hmmmmmm??????

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited August 2015
    Options
    OK, so where is our Roger????

Ed, its 'booming' big time over here...and some rain. It seems to have slowed...heading out to the gym before it winds up again!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger I swear I did not see your post this afternoon when I posted 'where's Roger'....
    Glad you got your walk in, and that it was cool for you for a change.
    Don't worry about the plants/gardens and the herons... they are fish eaters. Have issues with them here in GA...eating the koi out of peoples little landscape ponds!, AND the garden stores that carry Koi to stock those ponds have to cover their big tanks too!

I'm trying to stay awake to watch the debate...Not at all sure I'll make it.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tell how you made the pasta e fagioli, please? I found this strange sauce 'Vegan Cheese Sauce" at the Midtown WH yesterday. I opened it and it tastes pretty good. It does have a list of ingredients, but no other info on it...makes me think it was made at Whole Foods... and in my Wednesday charge thru Publix they had Publix pasta on sale for a buck a box, so I got 3. :) I was almost out of penne, and had been wanting a cold farfalle salad, etc.....
    Have been missing cheese for awhile, and if J thought your fagioli was good, I'd love to give it a try!

Well, I started out with about 5 or 6 cups of vegetable broth, into which I put some finely chopped spinach, some diced carrots (maybe...half a cup? More if you like a lot of carrots in your dish), some Italian seasoning, Spike seasoning, a little black pepper, just a LITTLE bit of salt as the broth was already salted. Then I added some minced onion and garlic (I really don't measure any of this stuff. LOL.) and a generous shake of red pepper flakes for some heat, a good shake (maybe half a tablespoon) hot Hungarian paprika along with about a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil. Added some white kidney beans (cannellini? beans - heck this is one of those "use what I have" dishes and any bean really is fine, whatever you have on hand and like - my "usual" recipe actually calls for pink beans) and cooked it all for a while to get the carrots and beans done. Added some elbows as I didn't happen to have any ditalini, which is what I usually use in this dish and cooked it until the elbows were pretty well at the consistency I wanted and then stirred in a small can of tomato sauce, mixed it in thoroughly, brought it back to a boil, checked seasoning and adjusted a little, and served it.

I made it a bit hotter, spicewise, than most people do, I think, but J likes it that way and so do I. Since I had plenty of spice in the mix already I omitted the optional spiced olive oil drizzle on top. It didn't need it and I felt it had enough oil in the dish as made.

If he ever gets up from his nap I'm baking him some mozzarella sticks for appetizer and reheating the last of the pasta e fagioli for his dinner.

• milliehubbardyahoo
    milliehubbardyahoo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends...I've been MIA for quite a while between traveling and needing a break. Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary on NS and I'm happy to say that I am still here!! Summer vacations are over and it is time to refocus and get back to business. My freezer and cupboard are stocked with my NS meals and it feels good to be back to a regular schedule. A couple of weeks off my food plan and I can feel the difference in many ways, energy level being one...I do feel so much better when I am getting lots of fresh veggies and water...hard to do when spending 8-10 hours in the car. At any rate...on to the last 40 lbs!! as my signature line always said, I did not start on the journey to quit halfway!!!

Hope you all have a great Friday!