Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,680 Member
    Options
    Well, my new Pebble 301 smartwatch arrived yesterday, so I spent part of the evening and part of the day configuring it and installing the apps and watch face that I wanted.

Now to figure out how to configure the protection from meandering elephants and polar bears...but maybe that's just built in, since I haven't SEEN any meandering elephants or polar bears. I guess it's working!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I've been up for hours and quite surprised no one has posted yet! I got distracted by all sorts of things. Working a 7 hour middle today so will be leaving shortly.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning.
    Sorry I missed Ed…hope he doesn't melt out there in the fuel center today…it is a full simmer day!, with the promise of rolling full boil the rest of the week…I guess Ga is saying. Welcome To Summer just a week early.

Yesterday was OH MY…got my hair done, arrived at DS2's and after my hug and how are you Mother, he asked if I wanted to run an errand. I said yes, thinking along the lines of Trader Joes, and Richards Variety…both places Iwanted a few things. SO…off we go to the mall. ?to the MALL? This is the kid who doesn't shop…what the heck?
    And into the Apple store we go???, blue shirt asked us if she could help (blue shirts are the Apple store sales/helper folk), and Ted says I have an online pick up…a couple beeps from her barcode reader and his iPhone, and I was holding a brand new 13 inch MacBook Air….OMG!

I still can't believe it. Rest of my evening went to getting it set up, (I suck at that) Poor Ted had to help me via a Face Time phone call (s). But its up and running…and I do mean running! Its lightening fast. MacBookPro is 6 years old and a bit slow and quite a bit cranky!

And then I about died from tired, but I did it, I stayed up and watched the entire hockey game…Nate was happy, Detroit won! I was soooo happy to be in my bed!!!

Today I got outside not nearly early enough, (but I did watch pajama church), and I scrubbed out the big trash container…it was STINKY…and then I trimmed everything with the trimmer..and by then it was 90 outside, no breeze, and noon….so came in and fixed some lunch and watched the news..

I think a nice shower and a nap are in my future…very Near Future!

Later…
    Ed, hope you love your Pebble Smart Watch….don't know about elephants, but bears could be an issue! :)
    Roger, you had a great morning yesterday, and I was really surprised at how hot it is in NJ already. YIKES! Good job on your walk.
    I hope I didn't miss anybody, but I have GOT to hit the shower…..
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday...
    It's back to work today and the end of my series of 3-day weekends. I went to the White Mountains on the motorcycle last Thursday to a rally and stayed until Sunday. It was a beautiful weekend with some perfect days in the mountains with great riding with friends topped off by a delicious pig roast on Saturday night. It was great, I needed a "fun" weekend. Today I go back and deal with whatever came in while I was out. Hope everyone is doing well, time to make the doughnuts...............
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Off work today. I've been up for quite a while though, despite being off. I have been distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me (ham and eggs, toast with my homemade no sugar added blackberry jam, small bowl made from my homegrown blackberries!) and getting the dishes all put in the dishwasher.

I really should get to the farmers market, as I'm about out of ghee, but don't want to do anything today. Maybe I'll just have a lazy day instead...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!
    I think Im going to have a lazy day or two, and not by choice. I weed whacked yesterday, and by evening could hardly walk....that left hip really hurts, to the point I got my cane back out. What is it with weed whacking and my hip. Already have a chiro appt for Wednesday morning, so I will just 'wait it out'.

Don, sorry your long weekends are over, but so glad you had a good weekend in the mountains. It had to be perfect weather and I remember how beautiful those mountains are. Hopefully that new person you've trained will have kept the lid on everything while you were gone.

Need more coffee...trip to the kitchen. We'll see how that goes...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I decided to go for the farmers market before it got too late, busy, and hot.

Went to the Buford Highway Farmers Market today. I didn't buy much as I was really only going for ghee, which I was almost out of. But while there I did score all of this:

Ghee! My reason for going!

20150615_103014_zpsvno7t7bt.jpg

Left to right: Asian pear, Taylor Gold pear, Yali pear.

20150615_103112_zps9okaqcts.jpg

Left to right: Abate pear, Fragrant pear, zapote mamey (albeit a very small one).

20150615_103151_zpsetrwabip.jpg

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Ed...nice haul from the farmers market!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    If you've never tried a mamey, you should try it once. Have to wait until it's fairly soft to eat it though. All of the pears also will need to ripen for a few days and soften up, but I'm used to that anyway.

Looking forward to trying the four varieties I've never tried before.

• parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dinner tonight, leftover hamburger stew from last night. Boring but filling.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked to the McDonalds Yesterday and got a Large Black Coffee and back and walked 2.52 miles, Thanks for the Idea of where to go to find what I walked Kat.
    Today I walked to the McDs also and back using another longer route and walked 2.75 miles. I got out fairly early (7AM) after the rain had ended. It was Still wet out when I left, Humid and around 70 degrees.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good Sunday Morning.
    Sorry I missed Ed…hope he doesn't melt out there in the fuel center today…it is a full simmer day!, with the promise of rolling full boil the rest of the week…I guess Ga is saying. Welcome To Summer just a week early.

Yesterday was OH MY…got my hair done, arrived at DS2's and after my hug and how are you Mother, he asked if I wanted to run an errand. I said yes, thinking along the lines of Trader Joes, and Richards Variety…both places Iwanted a few things. SO…off we go to the mall. ?to the MALL? This is the kid who doesn't shop…what the heck?
    And into the Apple store we go???, blue shirt asked us if she could help (blue shirts are the Apple store sales/helper folk), and Ted says I have an online pick up…a couple beeps from her barcode reader and his iPhone, and I was holding a brand new 13 inch MacBook Air….OMG!

I still can't believe it. Rest of my evening went to getting it set up, (I suck at that) Poor Ted had to help me via a Face Time phone call (s). But its up and running…and I do mean running! Its lightening fast. MacBookPro is 6 years old and a bit slow and quite a bit cranky!

And then I about died from tired, but I did it, I stayed up and watched the entire hockey game…Nate was happy, Detroit won! I was soooo happy to be in my bed!!!

Today I got outside not nearly early enough, (but I did watch pajama church), and I scrubbed out the big trash container…it was STINKY…and then I trimmed everything with the trimmer..and by then it was 90 outside, no breeze, and noon….so came in and fixed some lunch and watched the news..

I think a nice shower and a nap are in my future…very Near Future!

Later…
    Ed, hope you love your Pebble Smart Watch….don't know about elephants, but bears could be an issue! :)
    Roger, you had a great morning yesterday, and I was really surprised at how hot it is in NJ already. YIKES! Good job on your walk.
    I hope I didn't miss anybody, but I have GOT to hit the shower…..

Hi Kat
    I hope You enjoy the new toy. Sory to hear about the Aches and pains.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Ed
    I would eat the fruit while it is crispy as that is How I Like it. When it gets too ripe and juicy and thus messy I palm it off on my brother. :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Nate's a happy little boy!!! and Grammie's tired and sleepy!
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Working a long middle (8 hours) today. Bleah. It's supposed to be terribly hot, so I hope the air conditioning thing in the kiosk is in good working order!

I will start eating the pears before they are TOO soft, but I do want them to achieve full sweetness before eating. :)

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning 6-16-15 Already!!! EIYYYY

Sunny and promised swelter for today. I think its an 'indoor' day!!

Gwinnett county is fighting over keeping chickens. (AGAIN) They do this every so often, I think when they get bored??
    I can (and at one time did) understand keeping a couple hens...nice fresh eggs. But, some fool peeps also keep roosters, and other fool peeps complain about the crowing. They all need to wise up/grow up!!!!

Laundry sounds like it needs help into the dryer...
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went out walking again this morning, Rerun of yesterdays walk, same distance and time. It was somewhat cooler @ 67 degrees when I left and 68 degrees when I returned home. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at McDonalds. Still way humid and even at 68 degrees I was perspiring.

I also picked and ate a few Nice ripe & sweet wild Blackberries along the way. Not as big as the ones in the produce store but so much better taste, sweet & juicy.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Addendum: My Brother & I have been using a Yard Service for the last tow or three years, however with the price increase and the increase in our energy from the weight loss we have decided to do it ourselves. So This morning we went out to the shed, Found there was still Gas in the can, Starting Fluid in that can and tried the mower. Voila! it lit off with a few pulls and only with the starting fluid as the old gas ran OK but had lost its starting additives. So we Mowed the Yard between us. The Temps were OK, Humidity not good but it is what it is.

Tomorrow I will be out and about and will get new gas for the next mow on the way back from Motor Vehicle when I go to renew my License Plates and make an appointment for the every other year state inspection.
    Good Tuesday Morning 6-16-15 Already!!! EIYYYY

Sunny and promised swelter for today. I think its an 'indoor' day!!

Gwinnett county is fighting over keeping chickens. (AGAIN) They do this every so often, I think when they get bored??
    I can (and at one time did) understand keeping a couple hens...nice fresh eggs. But, some fool peeps also keep roosters, and other fool peeps complain about the crowing. They all need to wise up/grow up!!!!

Laundry sounds like it needs help into the dryer...
    Later...

Hi Kat
    Not to hot out but oh so humid!

I was going to vacuum today but after mowing 1/2 of the yard and walking I am now experiencing an energy shortage.

It only takes a couple of people to spoil it for everybody, Do they really need the Roosters too?
    Egg prices are going up and that is another reason to keep Egg Layers, Not Roosters.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    I agree Roger! My chicken days came to an end, with a poaching HAWK. No chickens, no eggs, lots more bugs in the back yard. No, I don't think they need a rooster, unless they want fertile eggs, and they have a broody hen, Then...there will be chicks...yellow, soft, downy cute little chicks :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I decided to take a day off from walking today. I have been doing it pretty steady lately.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

I agree Roger! My chicken days came to an end, with a poaching HAWK. No chickens, no eggs, lots more bugs in the back yard. No, I don't think they need a rooster, unless they want fertile eggs, and they have a broody hen, Then...there will be chicks...yellow, soft, downy cute little chicks :)

Hi Valerie
    I hear You on the Hawk, You did not have chickens to serve as wildlife food :)

I have been having some garden problems, I figure it is Rabbits or Squirrels. My bean plants would sprout get a couple of leafs and become bare stumps suddenly. Then I set out some started Sunflower plants, They seem to have become a critter buffet too. The Tomatoes, Squash, Peppers & Basil they seem to leave alone. I noticed that the Marigolds seem to be getting nibbled on too. My intent was to raise people food, not four legged critter food. :(

Oh Well, Lesson learned, do not plant unprotected bean plants or Sunflower plants.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning!
    Roger...what a problem. I know how you feel. When In TN I had a great garden...except for the peas...one day I found out what was eating my rows of peas...RATS from the huge fields behind my yard! I was furious...and I am deathly afraid of rats....all my life...so No More Peas!
    Whatever is eating your future produce is one hungry critter, as marigolds are not usually considered 'gourmet critter food'.... curious to know whats eating at Rogers Buffet!

Chiro day, and shopping day, and DS1 day. I guess I'd best get going.

Will stop in later!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Working a short middle today. I should be there from 10:30 to 2:30 so that's not too bad.

I do need to do "big water" indoors sometime today too.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning!
    I've been up about an hour, fed cats, door open to enjoy a few cooler moments, watch the sun patterns in the woods, and enjoy my coffee.

Hip still fairly sore, but there is improvement. Still not ready for long walks, but I think I can get a few things done around here.

Have a great day!

Later...