Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    Groceries all tucked away at the house, and I've eaten my lunch…its clouded over outside but probably won't rain til late afternoon.
    Nap time now, so I can stay awake and watch the Stanley Cup final first game with Nate. He is so excited that 'his' Chicago Blackhawks are playing.
    Yep, Roger that was me in January with my new tile floor, and about 40 gallons of wash and rinse water that should have gone down the washer drain!

Later…
    Oh, and Ed…your Chicken Marsala sounds delish! Should also make for some great lunches and breakfasts the next few days!
  • cenandra
    cenandra Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Cenandra! So good to see you here! I can't find my way around MFP (even t hough I used it forever for logging food), and couldn't find you!
    Early morning folks...please say hi to a NS friend...Cenendra! We were on one of the NS forums together...but clearly, I am bad at finding folks here!.

Hi Lee-Ann! Its a hard place to really find what your looking for I think a lot of it has to do with being so much and not really organized like NS was.

I pretty much hang out in the NS Fitbitters and NS Warriors group still learning the ropes and frankly a lot of people didn't come over from NS, so its slow in most cases. I do enjoy reading the blogs here some really good inspiration out in MFP community.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106102-the-ns-fitbitters

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105511-ns-warriors
  • cenandra
    cenandra Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Cenandra, nice to meet you! How long have your been an NS'er? Glad you found LeeAnn, and you're more than welcome to post with us anytime!

LeeAnn, the site is weird to nav. I too have used it for years to track various nutrients, calories, etc… I can post here, then go to the top of the page and click on Food, and go right to my tracking page. BUT, if I track food first then click on 'Community'…I can't find this thread! Makes me just shake my head :)

Time to feed the wild ones… and then find something for me…

Thank you I appreciate it! I joined Nutrisystem in on 07/21/2008 lost 52+ pounds by 02/01/2009 and have kept it off every since. I am a lifer NS'er at heart, but now on A La Carte membership. I love maintenance its been a wonderful ride I must say!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,667 Member
    Options
    Pre-dinner tonight: Stilton with ginger and mango, buttery flavored crackers, wine. J had a pink moscato with raspberry, I had Chamisal Vineyards 2013 Edna Valley Califa Chardonnay, Estate Bottled, which was a gift from a good friend. Delicious, fruity, and quite pleasantly dry! Still half the bottle left but I have doubts whether it will survive the evening...And I still have to figure out just what I can reciprocate with, but I'll eventually come up with something. :)

Dinner tonight:
    Baked tilapia, seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, Spike(tm) and paprika. (shared with the boarder, D, who just can't DEAL with a lot of mushrooms in a dish, like chicken marsala, which I refuse to make without the signature mushrooms!)
    Crispy Potato Stix, from frozen. A few leftover peas and carrots from the other night.

For J:
    Baked egg and cheese frittata.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Folks (ahhhh, still morning!),

I was getting ready to go out walking, then heard what sounds like a tap-tap-tapping on my window pane. I have done enough rainy walks and no longer want to do them. That, plus I am getting lazy, so I may just wait it out. I am not going to any office today and no pressure to do work right now, so I can go later (if I am not lazy then!).

Ed, the marsala dinner sounds quick and relish. I am thinking I will give it a try. One question: do you buy marsala cooking wine, or do you get the real stuff (drinking wine)? I have heard you should use the same quality for cooking as for drinking, but I am not an expert on either.

Roger, good strategy having breakfast before the bagel shop. Me? I'd have to skip the shop altogether! And going back a few days to my earlier comment about whether NS is a luxury, I agree with you that good health is a necessity, not a luxury. What I see as the luxury is the meter to get there...NS. It worked for me, but it also cost a bit of money to do that.

Don, out riding and camping right now? Rain up there?

Val, funny about getting up early unnecessarily for the work you no longer had to do. Are you used to that yet? I spent last weekend with a group of ladies camping, most of whom were retired. The retirees kept telling me how much they love being retired. Sounds wonderful!

Cenandra, good to see you back here. You maintenance longevity is inspiring. In many ways maintenance is so much more challenging than the losing. And thanks for the links to the other threads. I may stumble over there.

Try to stay dry folks. Lots of home work (not homework) to do today...too many camping trips and work keeping me from the house!

Take care,
    Lee-Ann
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy Thursday.
    I'm out of work through the end of the week and running around trying to get things reads for my trip to Vermont early tomorrow morning. I'm taking the Jeep and camping on the Connecticut River on the NH side on Friday and Saturday night, so I need to get my gear together today so I can get up and take off. I ran into a problem with the driver's door on my new Jeep, so it's going in to get fixed this morning under warranty. I need to mow the grass before I go and I'm planning to do that while my car is in the shop. I'm going to my Daughter's memorial service on Saturday and so I'm not really looking at this as a joy ride. I'm planning to meet my sister in Vermont for breakfast tomorrow morning before heading north to where I'll be staying. They have wifi where I'm going so I should be "on the grid". See you later, lots to do!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning!
    It was sunny…not 30 minutes ago…not so much now. Will have to check out the weather. Meeting Marietta for lunch. Will I need an umbrella???

IT was a long hockey game, but his Blackhawks persevered and won. A very tired Grammie quickly went to bed! Saturday should be quite interesting. Its Jenn's birthday, (my DIL), and the Preakness, and game two of the Stanley Cup playoffs! Wowza! Which means that I'd best get organized, go to the gym, and get my house work done so I can enjoy Saturday.

I need to find a Summer Melon Primer…Whole Foods this week has besides cantaloupe, Santa Clause, Crenshaw, and Casaba Melons on sale for $3 each. I'd never even heard of Santa Clause Melon…know the names, but not much else about the others. Time to learn! Anybody familiar with these melons, your opinions will be very much appreciated!!!

Cenandra, (hope I got your name spelled right) Congrats on the weight loss and the long term keeping it off.! I found maintenance very difficult. I guess because it was several years ago, and there just wasn't any 'help' or tips on NS, or much of anyplace else that I could find. It was also sorta anticlimactic… sorta a been there, done that, NOW WHAT?? feeling.

TIme to get on with my day….oh…. Roger. There are apps out there for your computer that will measure your walking distance too. Save you having to drive…the only one I ever used was Map My Run….and basically you run your cursor over a map of the area you walked, and it will tell you how far you went. (you can pull up maps of your neighborhood, I guess thank you google?) As I recall it was web based, and therefore free.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Off today so I have a boneless half ham in the slow cooker with a little honey drizzle, some rosemary and black pepper. That will be several future meals. But while it's cooking I'll just eat up other things, like the pork chops I have in the toaster oven.

Been up for a while but distracted by the usual, though I managed to avoid Lilo Lap Time so far.

Val, I think at one time or another I've eaten all of those melons (well, not all at once) but regardless I'd say life is too short to not just GO FOR IT and buy one of each!
    Ed, the marsala dinner sounds quick and relish. I am thinking I will give it a try. One question: do you buy marsala cooking wine, or do you get the real stuff (drinking wine)? I have heard you should use the same quality for cooking as for drinking, but I am not an expert on either.

I've done it both ways, and it's all good. Marsala is not one of my favorite drinking wines so it's very rare for me to actually buy the drinking version, though I have in the past done so, just for cooking. The problem is that you then have to use it up within a week or so, once opened, and it's quite a bit of wine to be cooking with if you're not drinking it! Leftover wine left long enough can make a fantastic vinegar though, but the timing on that can be tricky too.

In all fairness, one CAN fudge when making chicken marsala and use just about any other white wine, but to me that's not REALLY chicken marsala, is it? It would be chicken chardonnay or chicken pinot grigiot or chicken sauvignon blanc, or whatever...so I've mostly bought the cooking wine in recent years. I use some of it for the chicken marsala, some for a nice sauce for fish or pork, and it gets used up over a reasonably short period.

Having said THAT, though, I have also done various wine sauces made using whatever wine I was planning to drink with the meal. Just like Julia Child, a little wine for the dish, and a little wine for the chef!

You just have to remember that the cooking wine is very salty (so that it keeps a bit better than drinking wine) and it's best to not salt the dish at all until after cooking if using that.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All, have a Great Day

I Exercised today, well actually walked around town for an Hour. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at the Quick Chek today, Lets see, Yesterday was the Bagel Shop, Maybe tomorrow at the Dunkin Donuts or Seven Eleven for the Coffee. I like to vary my route, and it depends on the weather, Rain or hot & Humid can affect my route too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning Folks (ahhhh, still morning!),

I was getting ready to go out walking, then heard what sounds like a tap-tap-tapping on my window pane. I have done enough rainy walks and no longer want to do them. That, plus I am getting lazy, so I may just wait it out. I am not going to any office today and no pressure to do work right now, so I can go later (if I am not lazy then!).

Roger, good strategy having breakfast before the bagel shop. Me? I'd have to skip the shop altogether! And going back a few days to my earlier comment about whether NS is a luxury, I agree with you that good health is a necessity, not a luxury. What I see as the luxury is the meter to get there...NS. It worked for me, but it also cost a bit of money to do that.

Don, out riding and camping right now? Rain up there?

Val, funny about getting up early unnecessarily for the work you no longer had to do. Are you used to that yet? I spent last weekend with a group of ladies camping, most of whom were retired. The retirees kept telling me how much they love being retired. Sounds wonderful!

Cenandra, good to see you back here. You maintenance longevity is inspiring. In many ways maintenance is so much more challenging than the losing. And thanks for the links to the other threads. I may stumble over there.

Try to stay dry folks. Lots of home work (not homework) to do today...too many camping trips and work keeping me from the house!

Take care,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    Rain? I thought You are in NJ too? I have not seen rain since Tuesday.
    The Bagel Shop was easy as I never tried their bagels :)
    The Dunkin Donuts might be harder, Time will tell.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Thursday Morning!
    It was sunny…not 30 minutes ago…not so much now. Will have to check out the weather. Meeting Marietta for lunch. Will I need an umbrella???

IT was a long hockey game, but his Blackhawks persevered and won. A very tired Grammie quickly went to bed! Saturday should be quite interesting. Its Jenn's birthday, (my DIL), and the Preakness, and game two of the Stanley Cup playoffs! Wowza! Which means that I'd best get organized, go to the gym, and get my house work done so I can enjoy Saturday.

I need to find a Summer Melon Primer…Whole Foods this week has besides cantaloupe, Santa Clause, Crenshaw, and Casaba Melons on sale for $3 each. I'd never even heard of Santa Clause Melon…know the names, but not much else about the others. Time to learn! Anybody familiar with these melons, your opinions will be very much appreciated!!!

Cenandra, (hope I got your name spelled right) Congrats on the weight loss and the long term keeping it off.! I found maintenance very difficult. I guess because it was several years ago, and there just wasn't any 'help' or tips on NS, or much of anyplace else that I could find. It was also sorta anticlimactic… sorta a been there, done that, NOW WHAT?? feeling.

TIme to get on with my day….oh…. Roger. There are apps out there for your computer that will measure your walking distance too. Save you having to drive…the only one I ever used was Map My Run….and basically you run your cursor over a map of the area you walked, and it will tell you how far you went. (you can pull up maps of your neighborhood, I guess thank you google?) As I recall it was web based, and therefore free.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I'll be looking for that one shortly, Thank You for the suggestion.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning,

Ed, thanks for the wine cooking lesson. I picked up the chicken, mushrooms, and a battle of sweet marsala wine yesterday. According to the wine store fellow, sweet is the desired type (vs dry) for chicken marsala. I see tonight's dinner!

Don, it does sound like the next few days will be a mix of emotions for you. I am sending my thoughts to you during the memorial service for your daughter.

Val, I guess there is something to be said not to be a big sports fan! I had no idea of all the competing events going on. I do know my husband has been keeping up with the French Open (tennis) and is still going on...add that to your list!

Roger, yes I am in NJ (and I do apologize for that!). We have had rain off and on this week. I am waiting for us to get out of the rain doldrums! Val mentioned apps for walking. I use Map My Walk at times, but it tracks as I walk. I did not know I could run my finger around a map to get the mileage (there are times I don't start the app). They are definitely free.

Cenandra, good morning to you. Still working my way around here. I will try to use your links...one of these days...for the other threads.

Stay warm (comfortable) and dry folks. It is yucky here now!

Lee-Ann

• parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working that long middle today, so I'll be making sandwiches to bring with me. Maybe ham.
    Ed, thanks for the wine cooking lesson. I picked up the chicken, mushrooms, and a battle of sweet marsala wine yesterday. According to the wine store fellow, sweet is the desired type (vs dry) for chicken marsala. I see tonight's dinner!

Sweet would be correct for making chicken marsala. You can use dry, but you would then want to add a little sugar to the dish to compensate for the lack of sweetness. The dish should not be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET but should have enough sweetness to compensate for the slight sour the dry wine can sometimes impart when cooked. Since you're using drinking wine, you may want to put some salt in the dish while cooking, leaving room to adjust at the end of course...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning,

Don, it does sound like the next few days will be a mix of emotions for you. I am sending my thoughts to you during the memorial service for your daughter.

Val, I guess there is something to be said not to be a big sports fan! I had no idea of all the competing events going on. I do know my husband has been keeping up with the French Open (tennis) and is still going on...add that to your list!

Roger, yes I am in NJ (and I do apologize for that!). We have had rain off and on this week. I am waiting for us to get out of the rain doldrums! Val mentioned apps for walking. I use Map My Walk at times, but it tracks as I walk. I did not know I could run my finger around a map to get the mileage (there are times I don't start the app). They are definitely free.

Cenandra, good morning to you. Still working my way around here. I will try to use your links...one of these days...for the other threads.

Stay warm (comfortable) and dry folks. It is yucky here now!

Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I suspect the one You use that tracks as You walk must be on a smart phone, Something I do not have, I use a Cell Phone that is just a phone. I tried out the one that Valerie mentioned and it works fine on the computer.

I was thinking about going out and walking until I heard the rain start. Oh Well, Maybe the sun will come out later on this afternoon. I'll have to check the forecast on News12, the cable only news channel. One thing about NJ weather, If You don't like it just wait it'll change :) Then take in the variation from the Northwest corner of the state, Port jervis to South East corner, Cape May and the weather has a pretty good range of conditions.

I agree Not a Nice Day, The Weekend should be much better :)
    Roger

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Holy cow, am I the last to post today? Getting lazy already!!

Good Friday Morning! Sun came up bright and cheery this morning! We'll see if it holds, and what kind of storms it may bring later :)

Usual stuff kept me busy this morning, that and I slept an hour later today…for no reason, just did.
    Had a nice lunch yesterday, and relaxing chat over a cup of sb after. Life is good!
    Did talk about ED. :)
    I mentioned a 'weed' that it turns out is quite edible in the spring, and DS1 sending me a link to edible weeds… You have to understand that my friend M is quite intelligent…book learning…and very conservative. Immediately when I mentioned eating a lawn weed she began cautioning me about foraging, along with one of those stories…I had a friend who's cousin's ex ate some mushrooms he'd picked… (when I was teen, behive hair-dos were the rage, and my mother and many other Mothers relayed the story about a girl who died because she got spiders in her behive..etc, etc…Where was SNOPES when I needed them????) So, I quoted to her Ed's quote about all mushrooms being edible, some only once…..
    I'm not sure even that relieved her anxiety… You know the kind…mainstream everything…nothing outside the box. Still to this day uses AOL, and will not join fb…thinks all chiro's acupuncturists, etc. are quacks, thinks I'm nuts for embracing a whole plant diet, yet is overweight, has type 2 diabetes, high chol, and triglycerides but will not watch Forks over Knives or give any credence to even MD's who have outstanding credentials who advocate Plant Diets…
    It gives me something to grin about, in my spare time!!!!
    Sorry, all that cuz I will and do eat 'weeds'. LOL!!!! I think its time someone hides my soapbox!!!

Laundry going, and need to head out to the gym….may even cut the grass today…maybe. If I find the weed 'Plantain' will I pick some….yep! :smiley:

Later..,
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    FYI (to Ed), the chicken marsala was delicious! My husband...who insisted he didn't want dinners...had 2 servings. So easy in the crock pot.
    If anyone else here is not a cook - much like I am not - this is a seriously easy way to make a great dinner. I added a bit of corn starch mixed into cold wine during the last half hour of cooking just to thicken the sauce. I will try variation of this in the future.
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning All,
    May be off the computer for a day or two. Will "see" everyone when I am next here. Looks like the grey, rainy weather pattern may be breaking. Yeah! Good day to all.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Bright and sunny at the moment. Cool also. 66 on my back porch, Nice!!
    Not sure what I'll get into today…Was thinking about a farmers market, but it is getting later and later, and the brain fog is very slow to lift this morning!!! Just can't seem to get moving. Maybe another cup of Joe? I dunno!

Hope everyone has a good day, and we need to keep Don in our thoughts today.

LeeAnn…must be another hike. See you when you return.

Ed….maybe I need to find a Turducken and make the Chicken Marsala…ya'll are making me hungry. jk about the fake meat!! :wink:

Roger, what's happening in NJ today? Hope you have good weather, and maybe another walk? Glad the Map My Run worked for you. It was what I used before I got a smart phone, so I knew it worked.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy imaginary internet friends! It's sensational Saturday! I've been up for a while but distracted by breakfast, feeding Lilo, and paying bills.

Working a six hour middle today, so it shouldn't be TOO bad. It was very busy yesterday, and is supposed to be around 90 degrees today so that may slow it down a bit. Still working on my slow cooked honey rosemary ham from the other day, and still enjoying it.
    FYI (to Ed), the chicken marsala was delicious! My husband...who insisted he didn't want dinners...had 2 servings. So easy in the crock pot.
    If anyone else here is not a cook - much like I am not - this is a seriously easy way to make a great dinner. I added a bit of corn starch mixed into cold wine during the last half hour of cooking just to thicken the sauce. I will try variation of this in the future.

I'm so glad that worked out for you. Mine are always "variations" as I don't necessarily use the same herbs, or the same type of mushrooms, nor do I measure out my herbs, wine, and/or chicken broth, etc. It's always good, though. My chicken marsala is, of course, all eaten up by now. I also make the same recipe with pork and it can be made with veal, except I don't buy veal. I will eat it if placed in front of me, but don't choose it myself.

Another great crockpot recipe, using chicken is coq au vin. That one I make using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, as it uses red wine, which is a bit robust in flavor for chicken breasts. The beef version of that one is beef bourguignon, or beef burgundy, with very similar ingredients but beef instead of chicken. All of these include mushrooms. Needless to say most of my favorites include mushrooms, LOTS of mushrooms, though I'm not crazy enough to scavenge my own, as I'd like to eat them more than once, thanks...

I truly believe that anyone can become a good cook with a little effort and a well stocked kitchen, food AND appliances, that is. Now a truly great cook can get by without most of the appliances but I'm not quite ready to try to achieve that much greatness.

Val, I had to giggle about your friend being appalled at eating the weeds. I've eaten weeds most of my adult life, with the caveat, of course, that one only eats weeds one is VERY SURE OF. She may not even realize that many garden favorites were once weeds too!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Ed! Yep no doubt it never crossed her mind that many of the veggies, and many flowers have all begun as 'weeds'.
    My venture into weeds began in the late 60's early 70's. My ex took up scuba diving with his boss…those two ended up talking to some guys from the Virginia Institute of Oceanography..or some such group…and it was suggested that they buy 'Stalking the Blue Eyed Scallop'…one of Euell Gibbons books. And that lead to other books in his series. While the rest of the world was laughing at eating weeds/pinetrees, we were enjoying fried lily blossoms, snails, cat tails (the kind that grow in ponds etc…not the animal's tails!!!) To this day I delight in finding new wild plants to eat!
    Did you have a grandmother or older relative to used to forage and got you interested? I wish I had had such a person earlier in my life. Do you want to share what weeds you particularly like?, or how you fix them?
    The only wild mushroom I will eat is the Morel. I 'know' that one, and I, like you don't ever want to eat one 'just once'!!!

Oh, and I have high hopes for my new neighbors….I see they've planted 2 fruit trees along their driveway!!! A neighbor who likes plants….that's happiness at my house!!! :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    It was rainy earlier this morning, I Woke up in the night around 4:45, heard the rain and rolled back over. Then When we were doing yard work it spritzed a little and Quit, Did two runs to the Recycle Center. 1st Trip we decided to recycle old paint cans and such so that led to a 2nd trip after a quick go through the Shed and basement.

Then I had my Brother drop me off after the 2nd Recycle Center run at McDonalds. I Picked up a Large Seltzer Water there for the walk back home. Mile and a Quarter walk back from McDs. Done for the day as my knees were barking at me between the yard work, Recycle Center and the walk back.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Morning All,
    May be off the computer for a day or two. Will "see" everyone when I am next here. Looks like the grey, rainy weather pattern may be breaking. Yeah! Good day to all.

Hi Lee-Ann
    Have a Good Time :)
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Bright and sunny at the moment. Cool also. 66 on my back porch, Nice!!
    Not sure what I'll get into today…Was thinking about a farmers market, but it is getting later and later, and the brain fog is very slow to lift this morning!!! Just can't seem to get moving. Maybe another cup of Joe? I dunno!

Hope everyone has a good day, and we need to keep Don in our thoughts today.

LeeAnn…must be another hike. See you when you return.

Ed….maybe I need to find a Turducken and make the Chicken Marsala…ya'll are making me hungry. jk about the fake meat!! :wink:

Roger, what's happening in NJ today? Hope you have good weather, and maybe another walk? Glad the Map My Run worked for you. It was what I used before I got a smart phone, so I knew it worked.

Later...

Hi Kat
    That is what I used to figure out that I walked 1.25 miles today, So Many Thanks. I have started keeping a Log of distances to go along with my daily weight log. Weight book by the scale and Mileage book by this computer.

It was OK walking when the breeze blew, a bit warm when it stopped until it picked up again.

Cheers
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL

My Fitnesspal links
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts

Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger,
    this may or may not interest you. Its very close to a program I used years ago to log my walking and make it kinda fun while you're at it. This walk is from DE to SF, CA. You have several choices to entering your virtual walk, time, steps, actual miles, etc…I did a different program and walked the Lewis and Clark route from ST. Louis to Oregon. Along the way there are milestones that will help you feel like you've been there, sorta. I looked ahead on this one, and you'll go thru NC, WVA, OHIO, St Louis down to the Katy trail, which will take you to Kansas, etc. I know people who have actually biked the Katy Trail. (It was built long after I left MO on an old abandoned train bed. I know it dips down into Sedalia, MO. etc.) Eventually it will get you to San Francisco.
    The fun is you get to go at your own pace…so if on really hot days you only go half mile…that's ok…on better days like today was, you go farther, log you steps, or time, or miles, and add to that again tomorrow.
    I loved doing it…thought I'd NEVER get across some of the western states, developed a real admiration for Lewis and Clark for sticking to their mission, and blazing trails etc. I found it fun.
    It helped me keep at it!
    All that said here's the link….
    http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/webwalkingusa.htm
    There no doubt are others out there. I did mine years ago, so I know at least there Were others out there. :)
    Just thought you might enjoy, and you can log it on your computer…no app needed.
    Have a great day…I'm going to watch the Belmont….hope to see another Triple Crown Winner. I lived near where Secretariat was stabled and visited there, then watched Seattle Slew, and lastly Affirmed. Its been awhile and it would be fun to watch another horse take the Crown!
    After that, its HOCKEY time! (I've had a nap so I can stay up that late) I've adjusted to rising around 6 a.m., but about 7p I'm wanting to go to bed!!! LOL! I'll get back to normal….I know I will!!!!
    Later..