Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Hi All
    I walked the 1.3 miles to the bank this morning and then came home and had my NS Frozen Pancakes and NS Chocolate Protein shake for breakfast, I had my Banana before the walk. Then at 9:45 I left the house for Costco and picked up Two 5 pound bags of Frozen veges, two L&F Greek Yogurt, Gala Apples, Clementines and a 32 pack of Duracell AAA batteries @ $14.99. Total for the order was $65+, Now Including the NS food on hand I am good for the next three weeks for Grocery store items, excluding a trip to the produce store for Bananas in two days. Then I stopped at McDs for two large Black Coffees for my Brother & I. I am just waiting for him to come back from the ShopRite so I can help carry in the Groceries, Notably the SR water on sale @ $2.88 per case of 24 in the plastic wrap pack, No cardboard box in it. Bottom line 1.3 miles plus the Costco walking. It was getting hot out this morning already too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    capsnut wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday All,
    Getting ready for my last work day of this week, it's going to feel strange doing a full week next week. Lots to do today, I need to get packed up so I can leave tomorrow on the bike for the mountains. Need to run an errand at the bank early, then take my new Jeep in so they can fix a problem I found with the driver's side door while I'm away. Need to hit the florist after work to get flowers for my wife as our 32nd anniversary is tomorrow. Roger, I'm not surprised you love your Frogg Toggs, I know a lot of riders that swear by them. The best feature on them is the breath-ability so that condensation doesn't form inside and cause you to feel cold and clammy. This is a feature that they offer at a very reasonable price, I ended up getting a BMW rain suit with this feature and like anything that has a BMW logo on it, costs a fortune. Have a good day all!

Hi
    Happy Anniversary!

Call me frugal, call me cheap, I'm easy that way but I'll take the $19+ Frogg Toggs over paying for a Logo, not to mention really light weight to carry as a just in case it resumes raining. OTOH if I found a similar outfit with the Studebaker logo, who knows.

Cheers
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning All,

Eeek! I am working in the real office today! I almost forgot how to get to this place (I have been working either from home or a different campus). Actually, it isn't good NOT to come in since I always forget to check my voice mail remotely...and I found messages from a couple of weeks (yes, WEEKS) back. Memo to self: when working remotely, remember to check phone messages remotely!

Don, it looks like the rain is moving out of the mid-Atlantic for the rest of this week. How is Maine looking for your ride to the mountains? It sounds beautiful! Hopefully, nature will cooperate.

Roger, thanks for the Frog-togs info. For that price (and with Wal-mart's return policy), it may be worth getting a set to try. If I don't like them, just return them! And thanks for the 2-sided grilling idea. I may look into that.

Val, great idea about googling campfire meals. I am a bit tired of Marc's standards (burgers, etc.). I appreciate that he wants to cook, but I want something different - and lighter!

Ed, the foil stew and other cooking ideas sounds easy and delicious! I actually was thinking as I drove to work today (true story) about grilling pineapple and other fruits, but then our small grill surface might have the burger flavors. The foil packet idea solves that. Love it!

Time to get to work here! All you folks out already with exercising done are making me realize I need to get moving! Enjoy the day all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I figured that it is easier to turn everything at once instead of individually :) But then at heart I am somewhat lazy :)

I was thinking that would work for All kinds of meats. Hot Dogs, Sausage (Kielbasa) Burgers, steaks, chops and Corn on the cob and carrots too. I grilled steaks and chops for Memorial Day then Froze most of it and just ate the last thin cut Boneless chops yesterday a a PF. I also grilled a large Carrot and Corn on the Cob, Delicious, the Yellow Summer Squash not so much, I think it needed more grilling time.

I really like the light weight of the Frogg Toggs to carry along as a just in case it starts raining.

I may try Grilling a Banana next time and I would think Pineapple would work too. Possibly Watermelon too?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good Morning Folks...I know I have been MIA for a while now. I am really struggling with the loss of the NS forums and everyone being scattered across the internet. I'm feeling so disconnected...I think I just need to pick a place and hang there rather that scittering around reading posts here, there and everywhere. So...there it is. On a positive note I'm still getting my exercise in, averaging about 7 miles per day but my food has been so-so. Not terrible but I'm having an affair with 12 grain bread and we need to break up!! I rationalize that it is good, whole-grain healthy smart carb - but I'm enjoying it too much and too often...so there that is too!!

I am more than halfway to my goal and need to just buckle down and get it done. Thanks for giving me the space to 'fess up...I need the support and connection of others who are working this program-and the honesty with myself on how much I really want this. I've made such progress it would be a shame to falter now. So I am re-committing myself, right here and right now. 100%, one day at a time will get me to the finish line!!!

Hi Millie
    I know You can do it, You have done so good up to now. Why not drop into the challenge here?
    The 12 grain breads sound healthy and are tasty but are not low calorie.
    I have managed to get over the closing of the NS forums. I know that I have lost contact with people that were there and just did not want to change to elsewhere. Ginger & Michelle as examples.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Tonight's dinner is going. I have a rolled, tied, seasoned pork roast in one slow cooker and seasoned black eyed peas in another. I'll prepare the fried (actually probably baked) okra when I get home from work. J will have something breakfasty, whatever I decide to fix him.
    Good Morning Folks...I know I have been MIA for a while now. I am really struggling with the loss of the NS forums and everyone being scattered across the internet. I'm feeling so disconnected...I think I just need to pick a place and hang there rather that scittering around reading posts here, there and everywhere. So...there it is. On a positive note I'm still getting my exercise in, averaging about 7 miles per day but my food has been so-so. Not terrible but I'm having an affair with 12 grain bread and we need to break up!! I rationalize that it is good, whole-grain healthy smart carb - but I'm enjoying it too much and too often...so there that is too!!

I am more than halfway to my goal and need to just buckle down and get it done. Thanks for giving me the space to 'fess up...I need the support and connection of others who are working this program-and the honesty with myself on how much I really want this. I've made such progress it would be a shame to falter now. So I am re-committing myself, right here and right now. 100%, one day at a time will get me to the finish line!!!

Bread is the downfall for many people. I love multigrain breads, but, like you, tend to eat too much, too often and it's too easy to do if I have it around.

My usual bread now is Healthy Life 35 calorie/slice 100% whole wheat, low carb, high fiber, and I can have a WHOLE SANDWICH with just one carb (and mostly that is a good carb) serving coming from the bread! For breakfast, of course, I can have two slices of toast for the same. To be fair, it's not quite as big as regular sandwich bread but at least it FEELS like I'm having a real sandwich, or two slices of toast, and not just half a sandwich or one slice of toast, which is all I can have (for one carb serving from the bread) with just about ANY other "sandwich" bread out there. If it's not available I get their white wheat, but really prefer the 100% whole wheat.

This bread is good, but not so good that I'm tempted to just snack on it, so it works out better for me as the available bread in the house.

Even if you don't make it 100% every day all day, you can still get there! When you fall off, just climb back on the next day and keep on going. Slow and steady wins this race and you can do it!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...

Hi
    Good advice :)

I like the Weight Watchers Whole Wheat & Rye breads for the same reason, They are good but not so good I could sit down and eat 1/2 a loaf in one go.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • milliehubbardyahoo
    milliehubbardyahoo Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RogerToo "Hi Millie, I know You can do it, You have done so good up to now. Why not drop into the challenge here?"

Thanks for the invite and reminder Roger...I am "officially" joining the challenge right now. I'll pop over and say hello. Just got back from my lunchtime walk...two miles through the medical center...it is just too darn hot out to walk outdoors these days...but two circuits of the med ctr equals 2 miles in 35 minutes so I'll take that! Someone even called me a "power walker"!! :-)

Breakfast was a NS Bagel with a smather of PB, and a Dannon L&F Yogurt, Lunch was a NS 4 cheese melt, a 11 oz can of LS V8 Juice, another Yogurt and in a little while I'll have sweet cherries. My downfall has been when I get home from work...so that will be my white knuckle ride of the day. I'll plan my dinner right now...NS Sweet & Sour Chicken served over a cup of cooked baby carrots and for dessert I'll have a NS Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and a cup of decaf coffee. The hot beverage for some reason is satisfying for me and is kind of a "night cap" for me in that I am generally not looking for anything else after.

Time to GET THIS DONE!

88353102.png

weight.png

109ffc0773de9603edcc2aab0cc3bf3f.gif
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,680 Member
    Options
    My pork roast, black eyed peas and oven "fried" okra made a GREAT dinner, with gravy from the pan drippings. Crock pot is really THE way to do a pork roast, and black eyed peas too for that matter.

J had some texican style queso sticks and french fries.

We both had chocolate cake. A very small slice for me, but then I'm diabetic and don't need any big slices of cake anyway. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning…its Thursday.
    Beautiful sunshine peeking thru the leaves and branches of the forest. Really pretty. Cats are asleep and missing the show! :)

Had a good walk at the gym yesterday. Saw our owner. He's the nicest guy. I've worked with him nose to nose many days. For awhile he was my coworker 5 days a week. He did ask how I was, etc. I think he knows in his heart of hearts….

Not sure what today brings… guess I will find out later? :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I need to do "big water" as I didn't yesterday, and do laundry, and buy cat food, and "cook" another boneless half ham, cool it, and slice it for sandwiches and such, and buy Swiss cheese to go with it in sandwiches, and maybe take a nap!

Had leftover pork roast, black eyed peas, and okra for breakfast and will likely repeat for lunch and maybe even dinner! It warms up beautifully in the microwave and is just as delicious!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Well it is now hot and sticky (Humid) outside. I woke up early and looked at the temperature at 6:15AM and it was 71 degrees. I decided to walk right them and take a nap later to make up for the lost sleep. So I walked to McDonalds and picked up my Large Black Coffee and walked back home using a different route where possible. 2.24 miles done. Then after Breakfast my brother wanted to attack the Ivy in the back yard so we did that, filled a Bin and took it and the Broken Laundry Basket we had filled with Ivy the other day to the Branches dumpster at the recycle center and Threw the Broken basket away in the bin for that and home.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    RogerToo "Hi Millie, I know You can do it, You have done so good up to now. Why not drop into the challenge here?"

Thanks for the invite and reminder Roger...I am "officially" joining the challenge right now. I'll pop over and say hello. Just got back from my lunchtime walk...two miles through the medical center...it is just too darn hot out to walk outdoors these days...but two circuits of the med ctr equals 2 miles in 35 minutes so I'll take that! Someone even called me a "power walker"!! :-)

Breakfast was a NS Bagel with a smather of PB, and a Dannon L&F Yogurt, Lunch was a NS 4 cheese melt, a 11 oz can of LS V8 Juice, another Yogurt and in a little while I'll have sweet cherries. My downfall has been when I get home from work...so that will be my white knuckle ride of the day. I'll plan my dinner right now...NS Sweet & Sour Chicken served over a cup of cooked baby carrots and for dessert I'll have a NS Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and a cup of decaf coffee. The hot beverage for some reason is satisfying for me and is kind of a "night cap" for me in that I am generally not looking for anything else after.

Time to GET THIS DONE!

88353102.png

weight.png

Hi Millie
    I like the Oatmeal Cookie and the Peanut Butter cookie too. Sometimes I use one of the NS Popcorn flavors or the other savory desserts and sometimes I use the Frozen Desserts. The Frozen Chocolate Cupcake is pretty good :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    My pork roast, black eyed peas and oven "fried" okra made a GREAT dinner, with gravy from the pan drippings. Crock pot is really THE way to do a pork roast, and black eyed peas too for that matter.

J had some texican style queso sticks and french fries.

We both had chocolate cake. A very small slice for me, but then I'm diabetic and don't need any big slices of cake anyway. :)

Hi
    I have to watch my sweets too. But a good Chocolate Cake is so tasty, it is lucky that most of the ones that are available are only so-so.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning…its Thursday.
    Beautiful sunshine peeking thru the leaves and branches of the forest. Really pretty. Cats are asleep and missing the show! :)

Had a good walk at the gym yesterday. Saw our owner. He's the nicest guy. I've worked with him nose to nose many days. For awhile he was my coworker 5 days a week. He did ask how I was, etc. I think he knows in his heart of hearts….

Not sure what today brings… guess I will find out later? :)

Hi Kat
    Still enjoying not working? I know a lot of people that have said to me that they were afraid of stopping work but now they wonder why they did not do it sooner :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's been a good day off so far. Laundry is nearly done. Leftover pork roast, black eyed peas, and fried okra made great breakfast and lunch. There is still a bit of leftover pork for my dinner and I can make a bit of mashed potato and steam some broccoli to go with that.

In the crock pot I reheated a small boneless half ham, with a bit of honey, garlic, mustard, rosemary and black pepper for extra seasoning. Then cooled it and sliced it with my electric slicer for nice, even slices. That will be meals and lunch sandwiches to bring to work for a few days.

I probably will dry fry some tofu tonight and J and I can make fried rice or some other kind of stir fry for a couple of meals for him.

I even got in a short nap with Lilo and Ariel!

• milliehubbardyahoo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love the desserts...I'm having a pkg of Cheese Puffs for a snack at the movies tonight! I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter but Reeses PB Cups are no longer in the plan...so...I take the Chocolate Cake, spread it with a VERY thin layer of PB and it does the trick. If I'm really looking for something special...I'll squirt a little bit of FF RediWhip on it and it is "almost" like a chocolate peanut butter cake. I weighed the RediWhip the other day on a SF Jello and 3 little "florets" of it weigh 5 gms and equals 5 calories.

88353102.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    That's the way to snack. All things in moderation!

• parityanimal
    Options
    And now I've diced up half a watermelon too. Some of that will be part of our nutritious dinner. The other half will be used another day...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Lets see if this works…LeeAnn there was a post of 40? Camping Hacks. Some looked like they might be useful, some pretty not so much!
    See it this will get you there…
    http://buynongmoseeds.com/40-camping-hacks-that-are-borderline-genius/
  • parityanimal
    Options
    And here's J's tofu and veggie fried rice that we made tonight. I dry fried the tofu for him, and cut up the carrots and broccoli (though we cut it smaller as the broccoli fried) and I cracked the eggs into a bowl. The bell peppers and onions were already sliced and frozen. He made up the sauce and did most of the stir frying.

I did take one small bite, just to taste it. I'll still say I think he makes a better fried rice than I do...and I taught him how to make it!

20150611_191722_zpsaxbl9bsc.jpg

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    I'm sitting here chuckling over the fried rice and who taught who, and who's tastes best! It looks delicious btw. And I may have to make a wok full. I used to make fried rice all the time when the kids were smaller. They loved it, and it was an easy way to get a bit of chicken or ham, egg, and a bite or two of veggies in their little bodies!

I don't think I'm seeing sun this morning??? Guess I'd best hunt up the weather, and plan my day accordingly.
    List goes like this…gym, Walmart for Sobe's, and Whole foods. They have a nice selection of veggies and fruits on sale…and then there's the hot bar!! I may or may not find a nice vegan entree, hopefully they will have their to die for chocolate (and vegan) mousse! Other than that, the day is mine!

I need to scroll back and check when Don's leaving for the mountains. I don't envy him the bike ride, but I do wish I could be a fly and sit on his shoulder to see (with all my fly eyes) the vista's he will see. Its beautiful up there.

LeeAnn, are you camping this weekend, or have we overwhelmed you with camping and camp cooking ideas? :)

Roger, I have been watching your walking progress! You are doing great! Your 'mileage' has doubled and then some! Great job!!!

I'm reading a book (e-book version) that my chiro recently wrote. Last nights chapter was on gratitude. And boy do I have a long list of things I'm grateful for. Also time to pull out my 'random acts of kindness' list and get a few more check marks on it too. I love doing unexpected nice, and often small, gestures for people. Makes my day, and hopefully theirs as well.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working a long middle today. It's supposed to be a good chance of rain by the time I leave so will need to bring an umbrella with me. At least dinner is already prepared for J and I can just fry some ham and steam some broccoli for mine.

• milliehubbardyahoo
    Options
    Good morning friends!! Happy Friday...last day of school for DH...all the teachers did a happy dance yesterday as the kids left for the summer. I think the teachers are more relieved than the kids!! hehehe

Having Dannon FF Yogurt and NS French Toast for breakfast...a NS Burger for lunch and a nice 2 mile walk. It is supposed to be 95 here in NC today. Whew...we went from Spring to the heat of Summer really quickly this year!

88353102.png

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi Millie,
    95 already? Summer surely did land in NC!! We're supposed to be 90 over the weekend…so we're not that far behind you. (Atl GA)
    Happy for your DH..I think teachers have 'always' been happier than the kids when the final bell rings for the year!
    Enjoy your walk…
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is having a good Friday
    I ended up not walking today, it was in the 70s overnight before sunrise. By the time I hit the front door it was terrible out in the sun so I cancelled todays walk. Tomorrow I need to get going earlier.

It looks like another day in the 90s today. Only the second in a row so far and tomorrow should be a little cooler.

No Bananas for tomorrow unless I get to the Produce store. Sadly it opens a 8Am and I would like to be done by then. Oh well, I could always overpay at the Quik Chek.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Cool 70 here at the moment, cats fed..I'm sipping my way thru that first cup of coffee! Ah, the good life!!

I have to look up the perennial, stock. Or maybe Ed knows… will it grow here, or is it too hot for it in the summer. LOL, I mistyped summer and it originally said "or is it too hot for it in the SIMMER"….a slip of the finger= a basket full of truth. Our summers do SIMMER, sometimes to a full rolling boil!

After that I think I'd better work a little more on my coffee.

Hair appt and visit with DS2, and dinner somewhere in ATL today. And hockey tonite. It will be a full day.

Later…
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! We have orchid judging photography today.
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Cool 70 here at the moment, cats fed..I'm sipping my way thru that first cup of coffee! Ah, the good life!!

I have to look up the perennial, stock. Or maybe Ed knows… will it grow here, or is it too hot for it in the summer. LOL, I mistyped summer and it originally said "or is it too hot for it in the SIMMER"….a slip of the finger= a basket full of truth. Our summers do SIMMER, sometimes to a full rolling boil!

Hair appt and visit with DS2, and dinner somewhere in ATL today. And hockey tonite. It will be a full day.

Later…

I'm lost here. Is it too hot for what here in the summer simmer? I tried backtracking through several messages but couldn't find a reference...

• RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    It was still 76 degrees at 7:05 when I said to myself I skipped my Walk Yesterday so I'm going today. 1 Hour later and 1.9 miles later with a stop at the Quick Chek for a extra Large Black Coffee I tottered up to the house, Then I started the sprinkler for the flower bed in the front of the house. I decided to get double duty from it and put the hanging plants down where they got watered too. Then while that was going I went in back and watered the garden that rings the Patio.

That was the conclusion of my exciting morning :) Right now I'm sitting here with a Soup Mug used as a coffee cup with Decaf coffee in it. IE Fresh brewed using Folgers coffee bags, Just in case they work like tea bags.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Saturday Morning.

Later…

Hi Valerie
    It was warmer than that at its coolest overnight, 76 degrees at Sunrise.

Enjoy Your day.
    Roger