Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Saw my fourth Triple Crown Win! And now the puck has been dropped to the ice for game two of the Stanley Cup!
    Really fun day….have to hope the Blackhawks win to keep my little Nate happy!!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,667 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Ed! Yep no doubt it never crossed her mind that many of the veggies, and many flowers have all begun as 'weeds'.
    My venture into weeds began in the late 60's early 70's. My ex took up scuba diving with his boss…those two ended up talking to some guys from the Virginia Institute of Oceanography..or some such group…and it was suggested that they buy 'Stalking the Blue Eyed Scallop'…one of Euell Gibbons books. And that lead to other books in his series. While the rest of the world was laughing at eating weeds/pinetrees, we were enjoying fried lily blossoms, snails, cat tails (the kind that grow in ponds etc…not the animal's tails!!!) To this day I delight in finding new wild plants to eat!
    Did you have a grandmother or older relative to used to forage and got you interested? I wish I had had such a person earlier in my life. Do you want to share what weeds you particularly like?, or how you fix them?
    The only wild mushroom I will eat is the Morel. I 'know' that one, and I, like you don't ever want to eat one 'just once'!!!

Oh, and I have high hopes for my new neighbors….I see they've planted 2 fruit trees along their driveway!!! A neighbor who likes plants….that's happiness at my house!!! :)

I did have grandmothers who both foraged for some things, like wild blackberries (my mother's mother) and a few yard weeds (my father's mother - poke sallet for example) and in the boy scouts we learned about eating cat tail, red tea made from sumac (not poison sumac!) berries, arrow root, dandelion greens, and I forget what all other weeds, but it was interesting and tasty. Some of those weeds I no longer eat so much of because they are just not so convenient to grab, and some I grew out of liking.

Then I discovered tons of new weeds at the farmers markets! I can't even pronounce some of them, much less know how to prepare them. LOL!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Just finished off the last of my honey rosemary slowcooked ham. Working a 7 hour middle today, so will be getting ready for it in a while. I have a seasoned pork roast thawing in the fridge to cook in a couple of days. Maybe I'll put that last little bit of marsala cooking wine in with it...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    well I woke up feeling OK so I walked to Dunkin Donuts for My Large Black Coffee. Most Expensive of the Week. @2.49 for the same size as the Bagel Store and 7-11 sold for $1.99 and McDonalds sells for $1.00, Any size at McDs TBH is a $1.
    Then on to the Produce Store where I bought Bananas, a Couple of Pears and a two pack of small Lettuce. Total weight around 5 pounds and then Back Home. 1.6 mile round trip using a different route outbound from the house and inbound to the house. I try a different routing every day as best I can.
    Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Roger,
    this may or may not interest you. Its very close to a program I used years ago to log my walking and make it kinda fun while you're at it. This walk is from DE to SF, CA. You have several choices to entering your virtual walk, time, steps, actual miles, etc…I did a different program and walked the Lewis and Clark route from ST. Louis to Oregon. Along the way there are milestones that will help you feel like you've been there, sorta. I looked ahead on this one, and you'll go thru NC, WVA, OHIO, St Louis down to the Katy trail, which will take you to Kansas, etc. I know people who have actually biked the Katy Trail. (It was built long after I left MO on an old abandoned train bed. I know it dips down into Sedalia, MO. etc.) Eventually it will get you to San Francisco.
    The fun is you get to go at your own pace…so if on really hot days you only go half mile…that's ok…on better days like today was, you go farther, log you steps, or time, or miles, and add to that again tomorrow.
    I loved doing it…thought I'd NEVER get across some of the western states, developed a real admiration for Lewis and Clark for sticking to their mission, and blazing trails etc. I found it fun.
    It helped me keep at it!
    All that said here's the link….
    http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/webwalkingusa.htm
    There no doubt are others out there. I did mine years ago, so I know at least there Were others out there. :)
    Just thought you might enjoy, and you can log it on your computer…no app needed.
    Have a great day…I'm going to watch the Belmont….hope to see another Triple Crown Winner. I lived near where Secretariat was stabled and visited there, then watched Seattle Slew, and lastly Affirmed. Its been awhile and it would be fun to watch another horse take the Crown!
    After that, its HOCKEY time! (I've had a nap so I can stay up that late) I've adjusted to rising around 6 a.m., but about 7p I'm wanting to go to bed!!! LOL! I'll get back to normal….I know I will!!!!
    Later..

Hi Valerie
    I guess You are happy with the win at Belmont.
    Thank You for the Link I took a quick look at it and created a Link on my Desktop. It is hard to say if You will adjust Your rising time. I know I am getting up much earlier than when I was working FWIW.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Late arrival today! Room was too warm last night, and I'd had a nap, so sleep was sorta hit or miss til about 5 when I finally figured out the problem…then I slept really well til 8:50…giving me 10 minutes to feed cats, make a cup of coffee, fix my cereal, and slide into my chair and pull up church! I made it!

On my way to pick up very few things….but at different stores…Whole Foods doesn't sell my drink of choice…Sobe Life Water, and Walmart doesn't sell Organic corn on the cob…so…..two stores, no where near one another. What can I say????

Sunny beautiful here today, possible afternoon showers…but probably not. Warmer that usual the next couple days, then better chances of rain and cooler temps..

Yep Roger I was very happy with the Belmont and AP's win. Its been awhile, :) now will be interesting to see if there are several Triple Crowns over the next few years. There were 3 in the 70's after a long, dry spell….time will tell!!

Glad you had a good walk, and that you checked into the online web site. I sometimes walked farther than I'd intended just to get to the next mile mark, or attraction..:) May work for you…if it doesn't you haven't lost anything.

Ok, I can sit here the rest of the day..or I can get going…and I think I'd best get going! :)

Check in later…
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday,
    So I'm back from my trip to Vermont. The campground in NH was nice and the people there were friendly. I stayed over on Friday and elected to bail on the second night after the memorial service and go home Saturday night. It was a difficult day, with a wide range of emotions, I met a lot of people that were my daugther's friends and talked with a lot of people. It was pretty overwhelming, I decided to leave shortly after the service ended and made a decision to go home and be surrounded by supportive, familiar things. I'm glad I went to the service and was both dreading the day and looking forward to the day at the same time. Now that it's over my task is to carry this for the rest of my life and hope it gets easier as time goes on. I'm doing yet another 3-day week at work this week and this time the long weekend is going to be a "fun" weekend. I'm leaving Thursday on the motorcycle for my annual trip to the rally in the White Mountains, can't wait...some fun would be nice. Fury is not thrilled with any of this, she doesn't like it when I'm away. Hope everyone is doing well, have a good day all!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Off work today, but we have orchid society meeting tonight. I don't have to worry about the hospitality table tonight as it's our annual "ice cream social" event with an orchid auction. Someone else brings the coffee, and I normally bring the bulk of the snacks, but since we have contracted out ice cream, I'm off the hook tonight.

I've ordered a "smart" watch that might be able to track my exercise for me and it will be interesting to see how well that works out. It's called a Pebble 301 and I should be receiving it in a few days. It is also supposed to be able to alert me to email, show me the weather, let me know if any asteroids or comets are about to hit me, cook breakfast for me, and keep me safe from meandering elephants and polar bears but we'll see if any of that extra stuff actually happens. :)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked this morning to the Quik Chek and took a new route, with one backtrack from a dead end street I ended up walking 1.95 miles. It drizzled on me one or twice so I put on the Frog Togs jacket until it ended.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,

Val was right...I was off the grid out camping with Marc. We are enjoying these one night mini-cations. Getting back to work is tough though! I can't recall if I mentioned...all this camping can get you lyme disease...Uggghhh! I am now on 3 weeks of an antibiotic for it. And I can't say my body is enjoying them.

Don, it sounds like you faced a very emotionally tough situation in the best possible way. Just getting home to family - especially Fury - must have been so therapeutic.

Roger, good walking! I think the rain may have passed for several days. It is looking like the heat has moved in and only getting hotter.

Ed, I will try other variations of the chicken in the crock pot. However, I guess I have to figure more for the campfire!

Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    So where was I yesterday? I dunno either! :smiley:
    I know I went to the gym, did some house work…OH! and I signed up for another free Coursera class. Laugh if you will, but I signed up for a lecture (video) class on Thomas Jefferson. Why? I think living in VA for about 7 years and visiting Monticello with any passing visitors, (relatives), the capitol, the monument in DC, etc…peaked my interest.
    I spent the afternoon watching and listening, and thinking. (the thinking part is the good part! keep those brain synapses well exercised!)

Today….well see what happens, Planning a load of laundry, and I've already unloaded the dishwasher, ran the sweeper yesterday, so I may peek outside, though it better be early, as its already mid 70's and the sun is just about to top the horizon.

LeeAnn, I wish I knew some 'campfire' recipe's to share….once you get past hot dogs on a stick, and marshmallows blazing I'm lost!!!! :(

Don, I am glad you opted to come home after the memorial service. Hopefully healing time will be relatively short, if that's possible.

Ed…so how many orchids did you buy/win bids on….if not you, J :wink:
    And what's for dinner? I have to cook today…ran out of 'do overs'!!

Towels to fold, and another cup of coffee to enjoy, and then we'll see what the day brings….I should go walking with Roger!! And I just may, sorta…

Later…
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning..yes, I am actually here in the morning!

Val, Marc and I made a deal...we each feel the need to drop a couple of pounds, so we are taking it more leanly (is that a ward?) over the next several trips. As for the course on T. Jefferson...I think that sounds delightful...learning because you WANT to learn, not because you have to learn for an exam. Enjoy!

Rainy here, so Roger...if it is like that where you are, the walks may be limited today.

Don, is this one of your 3 work days this week? The weekend can't come soon enough!

Enjoy the day all.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    LeeAnn,
    I wonder if you can google 'campfire' meals and come up with anything? I knew I was of no help!! Hot dogs and marshmallows…..shouldn't be on anybody's menu!! LOL!!

Loud talking heavens are crying…a lot! Though I think the showers may be slowing down a bit.

Not at all sure I will go to the gym today. It would be a 'walk only' trip, but one of my knees was objecting earlier in the morning….we'll see how it feels a little later.

• parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Working a long closing tonight, so dinner will just be a bologna and cheese sandwich that I pack up to bring with me. Nothing very exciting there.

In fact, you CAN google campfire meals and find all sorts of neat ideas. Some may be more acceptable for people trying to eat "lean" than others.

One thing I remember is foil wrapped hamburger "stew" in which you take, basically, a handful of lean ground beef, some chopped carrots, potatoes, onions, and whatever else you want in it, and wrap it carefully and tightly in a packet made from heavy duty foil. You may want to lightly spray the inner sides with cooking spray. Bury it in the hot coals for half an hour to 45 minutes or so, and then check to see if it's as done as you want. In lieu of ground beef, you could always use steak cubes, or chicken. And, of course, add whatever seasoning or herbs you want both before and after cooking.

Of course you can also make foil packets of just vegetables, or even fruit and cook them the same way. Likewise, you can foil packet cook fish, which doesn't take long at all.

Pre-cubed chicken or steak can be threaded on a hot dog skewer and cooked by hand over the live coals, if you're patient, or you can improvise a spit and turn a whole chicken or rabbit over a fire and cook it slowly. You do need a fairly hot bed of coals to do this, and do make sure that you are not using oleander or any other poisonous wood for the spit...

And if you have a cast iron dutch oven, you can do all sorts of campfire cooking with that. Especially if it's one of the ones with feet. Some recipes may call for semi-burying it or perhaps just putting coals under and on top.

• RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    It is Tuesday and not he best looking day outside. My Achievements so far today.
    1. Renew the license for NIS AV on the big computer. I bought the 3 license package when NewEgg had them on sale.
    2. Eat my Banana
    3. Walk to McDonalds for a Large Black Coffee @ $1.07 with tax and 2.15 miles wound trip walk, Counting the stop to buy the Coffee and the stops to drink from the cup on the way back home, 1 Hour 20 Minutes. :)
    4. Toast my NS Waffles and drink the NS Vanilla Protein Shake, Breakfast now officially done.
    5. Renew the NIS AV License on this computer, One more to go later. I waited til it was the last day, Why throw away time You paid for? :)
    6. Post Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast review in the NS Food reviews group here.
    7. Come here and this is the first post in this group I am replying to.

Have a Really Good Day
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Evening,

Val was right...I was off the grid out camping with Marc. We are enjoying these one night mini-cations. Getting back to work is tough though! I can't recall if I mentioned...all this camping can get you lyme disease...Uggghhh! I am now on 3 weeks of an antibiotic for it. And I can't say my body is enjoying them.

Don, it sounds like you faced a very emotionally tough situation in the best possible way. Just getting home to family - especially Fury - must have been so therapeutic.

Roger, good walking! I think the rain may have passed for several days. It is looking like the heat has moved in and only getting hotter.

Ed, I will try other variations of the chicken in the crock pot. However, I guess I have to figure more for the campfire!

Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I would get the Double Sided Grill that clamps the food between two layers that can be turned over the fire to cook with.
    From Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridiron_(cooking)
    Gridiron (cooking)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A gridiron is a metal grate with parallel bars typically used for grilling meat, fish, vegetables, or combinations of such foods. It may also be two such grids, hinged to fold together, to hold food securely while grilling over an open flame.

A gridiron in use

t3xrtaszgoo9.jpg

Just my little stray thought :)
    Roger
    So where was I yesterday? I dunno either! :smiley:
    I know I went to the gym, did some house work…OH! and I signed up for another free Coursera class. Laugh if you will, but I signed up for a lecture (video) class on Thomas Jefferson. Why? I think living in VA for about 7 years and visiting Monticello with any passing visitors, (relatives), the capitol, the monument in DC, etc…peaked my interest.
    I spent the afternoon watching and listening, and thinking. (the thinking part is the good part! keep those brain synapses well exercised!)

Today….well see what happens, Planning a load of laundry, and I've already unloaded the dishwasher, ran the sweeper yesterday, so I may peek outside, though it better be early, as its already mid 70's and the sun is just about to top the horizon.

LeeAnn, I wish I knew some 'campfire' recipe's to share….once you get past hot dogs on a stick, and marshmallows blazing I'm lost!!!! :(

Don, I am glad you opted to come home after the memorial service. Hopefully healing time will be relatively short, if that's possible.

Ed…so how many orchids did you buy/win bids on….if not you, J :wink:
    And what's for dinner? I have to cook today…ran out of 'do overs'!!

Towels to fold, and another cup of coffee to enjoy, and then we'll see what the day brings….I should go walking with Roger!! And I just may, sorta…

Later…

Hi Kat
    Too Late I done did the walk already :)
    It Does sound as if You were busy Yesterday too.
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning..yes, I am actually here in the morning!

Val, Marc and I made a deal...we each feel the need to drop a couple of pounds, so we are taking it more leanly (is that a ward?) over the next several trips. As for the course on T. Jefferson...I think that sounds delightful...learning because you WANT to learn, not because you have to learn for an exam. Enjoy!

Rainy here, so Roger...if it is like that where you are, the walks may be limited today.

Don, is this one of your 3 work days this week? The weekend can't come soon enough!

Enjoy the day all.

Hi Lee-Ann
    When I looked out the Living room window the streets were still wet but the Sidewalk was drying off nicely. So I ate my Banana, Got dressed to walk, Grabbed a Folding Umbrella that fits in my Pocket for the right side, Rolled up my Frog Togs Jacket with a Hood and put it in a plastic bag and into the left Pocket and away I went. The Frog Togs are nice and light weight and not bulky at all. The Shipping weight is only 1.5 pounds for the Jacket & Pants and Packaging so Really lightweight!

From Here:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Frogg-Toggs-UL12104-04SM-Ultra-Lite2-Rain-Suit-withStuff-Sack-SM-Kh/33771083
    Item Description
    Stay dry and comfortable with this Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Men's Rain Suit. It is made from a non-woven polypropylene material that is lightweight, waterproof and breathable. The Frogg Toggs rain suit uses a special patented bi-laminate technology to ensure that the seams are waterproof. It also provides unmatched sweat-free breathability. This suit comes in a variety of different sizes and colors.
    Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Men's Rain Suit:
    u7tg21nyzukc.jpg

Ultra-lightweight
    Waterproof
    Breathable, non-woven polypropylene material
    Patented bi-laminate technology
    "Welded" waterproof seams
    Waterproof rain suit with 1-year limited warranty
    Available in various sizes and colors
    Ideal for fishing and other outdoor activities

I got lucky? It did not rain or spritz or drizzle on me and there was a nice cool breeze, Temperature was around 70. That was what News12 showed for Edison, NJ. Close enough so away I went. I think I hit Almost 2MPH :)o:)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday All,
    Getting ready for my last work day of this week, it's going to feel strange doing a full week next week. Lots to do today, I need to get packed up so I can leave tomorrow on the bike for the mountains. Need to run an errand at the bank early, then take my new Jeep in so they can fix a problem I found with the driver's side door while I'm away. Need to hit the florist after work to get flowers for my wife as our 32nd anniversary is tomorrow. Roger, I'm not surprised you love your Frogg Toggs, I know a lot of riders that swear by them. The best feature on them is the breath-ability so that condensation doesn't form inside and cause you to feel cold and clammy. This is a feature that they offer at a very reasonable price, I ended up getting a BMW rain suit with this feature and like anything that has a BMW logo on it, costs a fortune. Have a good day all!
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Eeek! I am working in the real office today! I almost forgot how to get to this place (I have been working either from home or a different campus). Actually, it isn't good NOT to come in since I always forget to check my voice mail remotely...and I found messages from a couple of weeks (yes, WEEKS) back. Memo to self: when working remotely, remember to check phone messages remotely!

Don, it looks like the rain is moving out of the mid-Atlantic for the rest of this week. How is Maine looking for your ride to the mountains? It sounds beautiful! Hopefully, nature will cooperate.

Roger, thanks for the Frog-togs info. For that price (and with Wal-mart's return policy), it may be worth getting a set to try. If I don't like them, just return them! And thanks for the 2-sided grilling idea. I may look into that.

Val, great idea about googling campfire meals. I am a bit tired of Marc's standards (burgers, etc.). I appreciate that he wants to cook, but I want something different - and lighter!

Ed, the foil stew and other cooking ideas sounds easy and delicious! I actually was thinking as I drove to work today (true story) about grilling pineapple and other fruits, but then our small grill surface might have the burger flavors. The foil packet idea solves that. Love it!

Time to get to work here! All you folks out already with exercising done are making me realize I need to get moving! Enjoy the day all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Working a seven hour middle today but at least it won't be too terribly hot and the sun will be partially obscured. I've been up for a while but distracted by the usuals.

• milliehubbardyahoo
    milliehubbardyahoo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Folks...I know I have been MIA for a while now. I am really struggling with the loss of the NS forums and everyone being scattered across the internet. I'm feeling so disconnected...I think I just need to pick a place and hang there rather that scittering around reading posts here, there and everywhere. So...there it is. On a positive note I'm still getting my exercise in, averaging about 7 miles per day but my food has been so-so. Not terrible but I'm having an affair with 12 grain bread and we need to break up!! I rationalize that it is good, whole-grain healthy smart carb - but I'm enjoying it too much and too often...so there that is too!!

I am more than halfway to my goal and need to just buckle down and get it done. Thanks for giving me the space to 'fess up...I need the support and connection of others who are working this program-and the honesty with myself on how much I really want this. I've made such progress it would be a shame to falter now. So I am re-committing myself, right here and right now. 100%, one day at a time will get me to the finish line!!!
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tonight's dinner is going. I have a rolled, tied, seasoned pork roast in one slow cooker and seasoned black eyed peas in another. I'll prepare the fried (actually probably baked) okra when I get home from work. J will have something breakfasty, whatever I decide to fix him.
    Good Morning Folks...I know I have been MIA for a while now. I am really struggling with the loss of the NS forums and everyone being scattered across the internet. I'm feeling so disconnected...I think I just need to pick a place and hang there rather that scittering around reading posts here, there and everywhere. So...there it is. On a positive note I'm still getting my exercise in, averaging about 7 miles per day but my food has been so-so. Not terrible but I'm having an affair with 12 grain bread and we need to break up!! I rationalize that it is good, whole-grain healthy smart carb - but I'm enjoying it too much and too often...so there that is too!!

I am more than halfway to my goal and need to just buckle down and get it done. Thanks for giving me the space to 'fess up...I need the support and connection of others who are working this program-and the honesty with myself on how much I really want this. I've made such progress it would be a shame to falter now. So I am re-committing myself, right here and right now. 100%, one day at a time will get me to the finish line!!!

Bread is the downfall for many people. I love multigrain breads, but, like you, tend to eat too much, too often and it's too easy to do if I have it around.

My usual bread now is Healthy Life 35 calorie/slice 100% whole wheat, low carb, high fiber, and I can have a WHOLE SANDWICH with just one carb (and mostly that is a good carb) serving coming from the bread! For breakfast, of course, I can have two slices of toast for the same. To be fair, it's not quite as big as regular sandwich bread but at least it FEELS like I'm having a real sandwich, or two slices of toast, and not just half a sandwich or one slice of toast, which is all I can have (for one carb serving from the bread) with just about ANY other "sandwich" bread out there. If it's not available I get their white wheat, but really prefer the 100% whole wheat.

This bread is good, but not so good that I'm tempted to just snack on it, so it works out better for me as the available bread in the house.

Even if you don't make it 100% every day all day, you can still get there! When you fall off, just climb back on the next day and keep on going. Slow and steady wins this race and you can do it!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey!! Good Wednesday Morning.
    Not only did I sleep in this morning, I have been sorting emails…put in folder, delete, etc. I now have…are you ready…don't faint..LESS THAN 1,000 emails in the general daily download…Not telling what it WAS! LOL

Clothes are in the dryer, and I just ate my banana and Aleve, & Turmeric cap. So, I need to get my show on the road, hit the gym, and the grocery…get my self organized for my phone call from DS1.

I'm glad I slept in, and happy that I started getting my emails organized, but it sure has take a chunk of my time today.

Going to look at the Frog Togs at WMart…may be just what I'm looking for…a no frills, unlined, windbreaker-ish top for days here when the temp is agreeable but the wind is awful… Long time ago I had a really neat white one that had a multitude of pockets, and was long enough to cover my buns…I loved that coat..and I totally wore it out before I could make myself throw it away. Have not been able to find one since….with fingers crossed I will look at Frog Togs!

Millie, welcome. Ed just delivered very good advice! I don't think I can add much. Just remember why you started this journey, and get to it!! :)

LeeAnn, I laughed at your post about being in the 'real' office for a change….do you still recognize some of the people there? Do they recognize you? Are you sure you're in the right office? LOL!!! BIG Smiley!!! Ed's alum. foil packets are great for campfires…I'd pretty much forgotten about them. When the kids were little I'd sometimes do them in the oven as they ate them with less fuss that the same thing I'd put on a plate! Whatever it took, I just wanted the little dudes to EAT!

Don, sorry you have so much 'getting ready' to do for your ride, but the ride should be absolutely beautiful this time of year. Have a good ride!!

Roger, I hope you are able to make a walk today. I think about your walking each time I hit the TreadMill (TM)
    No sidewalks, and lots of hilly areas here, so not so much outdoors walking for now. I think you started the 'Frog Togs' discussion…,and I thank you…I'd never heard of them before..

Ed…long middle. Hope it stays nice for you. Had forgotten the foil packets. First made them at church camp about (oh this is gonna hurt!) first made them about 60 years ago!!! OMG! LOL!!!

OK, I'm off and running…
    Later...