Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Did a 30 minute run on Tuesday. Today I ran 5k, finished in approximately 35:40 which I think is about 7:10/km. More time shaved. The Rundouble app crashed at 3km and I had a time of 20-21 mins at that point.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W5-3 today! I was really worried about the jump on this one, but made sure to pace myself. I was all right, until the last 30 seconds when I started getting a cramp.
    W5D2 complete..... i am nervous about d3..... how do you go from 8 mins to 20 mins it just seems like such a huge jump.

That's what had me worried too, but it wasn't as bad as I expected :smile:
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did W9D1 last night (woohoo last week!). Felt decent through most of it until I faded at the end. After circling back to my food diary, I think I'll be making adjustments on evening running days to what I'm eating so I have enough calories at 8pm to run for 30 minutes.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I've even had to adjust what I ate the day before for my morning runs.

humidity still kicks my butt.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Finished W5-3 today! I was really worried about the jump on this one, but made sure to pace myself. I was all right, until the last 30 seconds when I started getting a cramp.
    W5D2 complete..... i am nervous about d3..... how do you go from 8 mins to 20 mins it just seems like such a huge jump.

I completed W5D3 today i cant believe i did it. I can say this was my first time ever jogging for 20 mins straight. And with that big jump i truly believe i can really do this. Im 343lbs 30 years old. This has been a year of change for me. So happy right now.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I completed W5D3 today i cant believe i did it. I can say this was my first time ever jogging for 20 mins straight. And with that big jump i truly believe i can really do this. Im 343lbs 30 years old. This has been a year of change for me. So happy right now.[/quote]

Way to go Frankie, you're amazing!!
  • maniahum
    maniahum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just finished my first week. I might do it over again until I dont have to skip any of the runs (last run I only skipped one!) I downloaded an audible book app too which seems to help me focus less on how long Im running for. So far so good, Im really proud that ive done this much.
  • dedicatedlurker
    Options

I completed W5D3 today i cant believe i did it. I can say this was my first time ever jogging for 20 mins straight. And with that big jump i truly believe i can really do this. Im 343lbs 30 years old. This has been a year of change for me. So happy right now.

Whoot! That's fantastic! :)

I'm actually looking forward to the rest now. We got this! B)
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

That's amazing, congrats! :)

I did W1D3 today - it didn't seem easier in comparison to D2 and D3, and I had to push myself to get through the last few runs, but that was mostly mental. I should probably switch up my routine a bit though - my weightlifting workout plan has me squatting every time, and I was thinking of going for a run in the morning on the days I lift, to give my legs a full rest day in between. I'm going to give that a try and see how it goes.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Brand new here - I just did W1D1 today. I never thought I could run at all so I'm excited that I'm giving this a try and actually want to do it. So far, so good!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options

This is such a great post! Well done, Frankie! W5D3 is the day we all realize we can do this and we feel like the runners that we are. High five! Congratulations.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Brand new here - I just did W1D1 today. I never thought I could run at all so I'm excited that I'm giving this a try and actually want to do it. So far, so good!

Welcome, Kath! The hardest part is starting. Congratulations on completing the first day!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W5d2 done... hot and humid... rough but finished. :p
  • dedicatedlurker
    Options
    Finished W6-1! Still going rather well :)
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Finished W6-1! Still going rather well :)
    Im starting week 6 today as well !!
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have done the C25k several times. I have run several races. I love the competition. BUT...for various reasons I stopped running. I have since gained 25 lbs. Today I commit to starting again. Every October I run a race that is raising money for a hospice that my mom was in. My goal race is October 17th. I need someone to be accountable to. So I will check in here.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    welcome new people or returning people
    I found this so rewarding. no run today. my knees are angry from all the stairs I climbed ziplining. rest day.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 Done!!! Feeling AWESOME. Plan to run again Wed.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k Saturday, Got some hip pain during run so walked a bit too, but I walked fast. My time as 45:13, not great but 8th out of 25 for my age group. My hip is killing me now, I think I have bursitis. I finally find I like to run, but now this. I stretched after all the workouts but apparently not enough.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm late checking in for a Saturday morning run, but I was in a place with very little phone data coverage and no internet access. I did my W9D2 run at a rustic outdoors camp that I used to work at (I was up there for a reunion of former campers and staff). It completely kicked my butt because I was running on gravel roads and doing some major hills. I'll be doing W9D3 (and graduating?!) on Tuesday evening on much flatter city roads and sidewalks. I'm almost done!!