First Responders Meat and Greet

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
First Responders introduce yourselves here and state your goals. This will also be your general chat thread.

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I am Melodie. I work as a trauma ICU nurse so this is right up my alley. I need to lose around 100 lbs but am on my way and this walking challenge is just what I need.
    My goals: Stay away from processed foods and track all food and stay within calorie\nutrition goals.
    Exercise 5/7 days for at least 30 min
    Lose 2 lbs week
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I'm Sara and I'm a challenge junky and also a Medical Assistant. I think that would make me a first responder too. My three goals are to eat low carb, stay under my calories 6/7 days and to exercise 5/7 days. Welcome Mallowbar!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Darin is back. Forth walking dead challenge. Hey Sara, welcome Melodie. I am a sheriff/coroner and would be on the absolute front line when the dead begin to rise. Eagerly anticipate the new season and challenges here.

Goals:
    1. Exercise 5/7 days.
    2. Run 10K & Cycle 20 miles per week.
    3. Lose 1-2 pounds a week.

Let's get this done. I will survive, my team will survive, humanity will survive.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Welcome back Darin!
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Shannon. This is my first Walking Dead challenge and it sounds like it's going to be fun. I have lost about 50 lbs using MFP over the last year and a half, but I still have 50 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. I've increased my activity level significantly in the last month, and I'm trying to hit my goal by my birthday in March.

My goals for this challenge:
    1. No alcohol - this will be difficult, b/c I enjoy going out and having a good beer or two with my husband on the weekends, but it is sabotaging my efforts during the week.
    2. Do upper body strength training 3x/week and lower body strength training 2x/week
    3. Track everything I put in my mouth honestly.

Thanks for setting this up! I can't wait to get started.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm Des, I have done a walking Dead challenge before, and I am now getting back into working out and eating right again, I have gained back 40 of the 70lbs I have lost because of stress and stupidness and now I'm working on my self again.

my goals for this challenge are

1. Track all my food
    2. exercise at least 30 mins a day
    3. get back into weight lifting starting out with 1 day a week and building to 3 days
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Welcome Shannon and welcome back Skittles! I have also gained a lot of weight back. I had surgery and then started a new job. This is life and I know it has ups and downs. I'm ready to get back to where I was. Slowly but surely.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon and welcome back Skittles! I have also gained a lot of weight back. I had surgery and then started a new job. This is life and I know it has ups and downs. I'm ready to get back to where I was. Slowly but surely.

thanks. and we will get there. today I just bought a new scale to measure all my food, so I'm ready to get back into being healthy
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think I will join this team. I am Louise and I have done a couple of the walking dead challenges although I sat out the last one. Like the others on here I have been gaining back the weight I lost and severely lacking in motivation to keep within my calories so my goals are as follows:
    1. weight train 3 times per week
    2. Cardio at least twice per week
    3. stay within my average calories for the week.
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm Jia. My first Walking Dead challenge. My 3 goals are:
    1. Workout 6 times a week.
    2. Avoid chips and cookies.
    3. To get in atleast one yoga workout every week.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachel and this is my first Walking Dead challenge!

My goals are:
    stay within my weekly calorie goal
    hit the gym at least 3x a week
    meal prep breakfasts/lunches and only eat out at lunch maximum 1x per week (my wallet will also appreciate this)
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Welcome Rachel & Jia. Hope you enjoy your first WDC. Great goals. Darin here, FR me I support and encourage all.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My name is Ron and this is also my first Walking Dead Challenge.

My goals are:
    1) Complete my diary daily under my calorie goal 7 days a week
    2) 5 exercise sessions per week (on 5 different days) of 30 minutes minimum
    3) Bring my lunch to work at least 2x per week (currently I do this zero times per week).

Can't wait to be a part of the fun and get healthier too!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin and this is my first challenge! I'm 6 weeks into this journey and am excited for a fun and motivating 6 weeks!

My goals are:
    1) Absolutely no 'cheating' on what I eat, everything needs to be tracked
    2) Lose at least 1 lb a week
    3) Stay under my calorie goals at least 6 days a week
  • 1meeks123
    1meeks123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a former police officer so I am joining first responders. My name is Jacq and this is my first Walking Dead challenge. I have lost over 50 pounds and I have 55 more to go!

My goals
    1. Be under calorie goal at least six times a week
    2. Drink (by force if necessary) all my water
    3. Walk at least two miles four times a week
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!! We have the makings of one badassed team!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Agreed. Everyone has some great, reachable goals.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Angi, and I am an artist. I have done the Walking Dead challenges in the past and loved them! I am looking to lose 19lbs, of course not in 6 weeks, but this should get me kick started. My goals are:

1. Stay within my calorie goals 6/7 days
    2. Exercise at least 150 min per week.
    3. Complete my diary everyday! (this one will be hard for me). ( I will definitely need team support for this one)
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Welcome back my friend