Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• AquamadUK
    AquamadUK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3600 (2 miles) in 90 minutes.
    @AquamadUK , clearly you'd be lapping me every 3rd lap or so--but when you go out of my lane I'd have the last 30 minutes to myself!

@rosebarnalice Your welcome in my lane anytime...
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Open water swam at Thorpe park lake. only a month to go until it closes for the season. Lake weed is so high if you pick the wrong line you'll swim straight into a spiders web of it. Water temp great for wetsuits. Coming back from the 1600m it was getting dark out at 8:00 pm. I was the last man in with the safety kayak behind and motorboat a doing closing checks. Even the ducks were getting brave as one swam by me and tossed its tail feathers skyward as it was feeding. It's going to be so tough returning to the pool and doing laps off the 25 with the usual suspects doubling up in the fast lane having a social meet up while doing breaststroke completely ignorant of the lane markings. 35 more days of open water and I'm savouring every swim.
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Today's swim was 28 minutes and 700m. Definitely focused on my form. Specifically breathing during free and keeping my body aligned properly. I have a tendency to sink my hips and try to look much more forward, which causes my head to lift.

Slowly improving!

Also, to keep track of distance, I bought a little glass jar and some of those beads that can be found in the floral section of craft stores. After every lap, I take a bead pit out of the jar. At the end of my swim I just multiply the number of beads by 50m and I know my distance!
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1900m, 65 minutes, mixed strokes, 15 sprints ...tomorrow is a drylander day ...im thinking stair machine ...that should teach me for leaving the pool!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Turned in the pool access card on Monday.
    Bergen the CEO complaining about thinking or talking about anything but work while in China and getting hot in the head every time, it is just not worth the risk of permanent injury and pissing off the CEO anymore.
    Save the rest of rant for another day another topic.
    Looking forward to swimming safely at my YMCA when i get home again.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I was dead last. As usual with this group. God, I hate that. I know, I know, dead last is better than didn't finish. As many didn't (no shame to them, mind!) But it's still hard to be with a group of people and be the worst at the activity.
    You are to hard on yourself Noel. You even say " no shame to them " for those who couldn't finish.
    Your words of encouragement in the past carried many people past a hurdle. @gentlygently said it best " we are all really just racing ourselves I guess! ".
    I can't even contemplate an open water swim - as I have a tendency to fade to the right due to an old left arm injury.
    Definitely focused on my form. Specifically breathing during free and keeping my body aligned properly. I have a tendency to sink my hips and try to look much more forward, which causes my head to lift. Slowly improving!
    A great step in recognizing that Looking to far forward causes you to Lift your Head and then Drop your Hips

Short Swim Today 250m free, 250m breast, 250m kicks - First time in the water since the Triathlon- felt okay- nothing screaming at me in agony. Six days left until the local pool closes for a 30 day maintenance turn around. Replacing Air Handling System and upgrading the water treatment plant. :'(
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2900SCM
    Masters
    60 minutes pool time

2X150 as 100 free 50 br 100 free 50 back

2X75 as 25 fly 50 br 25 fly 50 free

4X50 kick IMO

400 kick as 25 fly 50 free on alt side 25 back

4X200 free pull on 3.15

8X25 as max underwater then swim on 60

2X400 as 75 free/25 IMO

50 easy

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    50 minutes yesterday, didn't count laps. Alternating strokes (free, breast, back, not ready for fly yet), up to 100 yds at a time before stopping. Still getting back into the swing of it.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    40 x 25m full on sprints with 15 sec rests
    40ish minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    I've been swimming more than I have been reporting here. 1 mile, open water swim in a pond with a bunch of other swimmers.

I was dead last. As usual with this group. God, I hate that. I know, I know, dead last is better than didn't finish. As many didn't (no shame to them, mind!) But it's still hard to be with a group of people and be the worst at the activity.

I know the feeling Noel. I have a competitive streak too. But I am resigned to the fact that I'm never going to be as fast as some people (doesn't stop me from trying though). All the same, I am setting goals and always trying to better my form and times, and most of all just enjoying the sport for what it is!

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    2700 y in 72 minutes.
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Bergen the CEO complaining about thinking or talking about anything but work while in China and getting hot in the head every time, it is just not worth the risk of permanent injury and pissing off the CEO anymore.

Well pfooey. But sounds like it may be the safest course of action!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1k mixed routine (half drills), 37 mins.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    1 km mixed in about 28 mins. Some weird drills I'm trying to improve my freestyle. My head up front crawl is great, it's the 1-2-3 strokes and then breathing stuff that I'm not doing well with lately. I feel like I run out of air too fast. :s

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »

I feel for you. This stuff makes me appreciate the Y that much more!
    When do you return home?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    First Real Swim since the Tri.
    1000m Free, 100m Kick, 500m Breast, 100m Kick, 250m Back. 100m Kick.
    Hot Tub.
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Finally back in the water today!

60 minutes, 2250 yards.

300 warm up
    4x 50 pull/50 side kick/50 pull/50 straight kick /50 sprint

6x 50 yd interval+10

And then i just had 15 minutes left to make an hour so i just swam easy but really focused on my body roll.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2.5 km 54 ish min
    Still concentrating on engaging the core and the whole body, and rotating adequately!
    As a result, my bum is aching as is part of my legs!
    So I must be doing something right (or wrong)!
    :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    2550 in 60 minutes. Needed scoot out of meetings just about 5 minutes earlier in order to get in my full 2700!

And thanks, ya'll. I don't know why posting my swims here where a bunch of people I'll probably never meet in person will see it makes it feel so much more "official", but it does, and I appreciate it!
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    AQ, I was focusing on engaging the core abd staying long yesterday. Through it all, I kept hearing my yoga instructors voice since those are things we focus on in yoga too!