Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Under Rome? Catacombs Tours?
    Yes. They've also opened up lower levels of the coliseum since the last time I've been.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Rome - you lucky thing - I only managed 24 hours there with work once but did spend the evening walking round. Must go back.

Swam this morning 2.1km and tried to do more flip turns, but ended up being lazy and reverted back to open ones.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    But my Tech-Fu is Strong!
    LOL!

Juliet - I live in Florida so we get lots of outdoor swimming time. In those months where you melt just walking out the door, the pool is there, cool (or cool(ish) in July/Aug) and inviting.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    1km in 40 mins.

Great to see you on here CW. It's been a good while!
    71lbs gone and at goal weight!
    Fantastic!
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1.9km in 56 min. It was one of those days when it felt like I was swimming through marshmallow fluff instead of water. Then my shoulder started to hurt. Another regular (who likes to call me speed ball) said I was noticeably faster, though, so that made me smile.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    2,900 meters. I hate ending on a 900. 2,900 feels like an incomplete 3,000.

Coach was easy on me today. The main set was..
    Swim for 15 minutes
    5 x (100 at pace on 2:15, 200 negative split on 4:30)

I could have napped while waiting for 4:30 to come around.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    61 minutes
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Another "take it easy morning" 8 lengths crawl (half flip turns, half open) one length breast, one length back and repeat. 2km and 40 metres in 43 mins. What was best though is that the pool was lovely and quiet. There were only three of us swimming at any one time so we had a lane each :)
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    Masters. Maybe 1800 yards? Frustrating. Woke up grumpy and the coach's instructions were confusing and contradictory. Probably should have stayed in bed!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 57 min
    Still very sore from the gym Tuesday. Can barely walk.
    Expected swim to help but no such luck!
  • Ms_J1
    Options
    I swam 2700m. It was suppose to be an easy day - mostly drills but swimming 1200m in drills, especially 6-kick drills where you stroke 3 and then kick 6 while rotated on your side when you breathe, is exhausting!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Last swim lesson in this session. 1100m various drills.
    Was dragging badly today - worked until 2am last night so a little sleep de-prived.
    Will get back to a normal swim routine next week, I hope.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Light swim also 1 mile @ 50 min. Dislocated shoulder (old injury) last Wednesday.
    I probably should stop and heal, I just miss the water.

Yep Bruce. Best to rest that shoulder giving it time to heal!
    Ms_J1 wrote: »
    2,900 meters. I hate ending on a 900. 2,900 feels like an incomplete 3,000.

Coach was easy on me today. The main set was..
    Swim for 15 minutes
    5 x (100 at pace on 2:15, 200 negative split on 4:30)

I could have napped while waiting for 4:30 to come around.

Yep why not just make it 3,000 :smile:
    So what does this mean: "200 negative split on 4:30"?
    Masters. Maybe 1800 yards? Frustrating. Woke up grumpy and the coach's instructions were confusing and contradictory. Probably should have stayed in bed!
    LOL - maybe your grumpy morning ears just weren't ready to listen to the coach! LOL!
    Missed yesterday due to work, and boy was I cranky. Masters today - again a different coach (!) He had a stop watch out, and I've apparently dropped another couple seconds of my 50m sprint! (Probably because I had someone to 'race' against).
    Great dropped time. That's a lot of time dropped over the short sprints!
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Oh Bruce - that's not good. Definately need to rest that shoulder.

Talking of shoulders, mine was a bit sore last night so today I decided to slow down my stroke and really focus on this - funny thing was though that even though I thought I was going much slower, I still swam 2km in my normal 40mins.
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    Swam on my own this morning - 1650 yds, 40 minutes. Nice mix of sets working on flips, breath control, strokes. Much better than yesterday. Glad I went!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I will be resting my shoulder for two more weeks.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    May Day/ Labour Day holiday. No swim for me today, although I'd hoped to get one in!
  • Ms_J1
    Options
    AQ, a negative split is swimming the second half of an interval faster than first. For example, on a 400, you would swim the second 200 faster than the first 200. I don't like negative splits because they're too easy to cheat at. All I would have to do is swim the last length faster. I much prefer builds - increasing your pace throughout the interval.

Swam only 1,400 meters today. Coaches wouldn't let me swim any more than that (because I'm racing this weekend) and even the 1,400 I swam was just left arm and right arm pull drills and a few 100 and 200 at pace swims.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Practise Swim ( Time for Group Placing ) for the Three Rivers Triathlon. Sprint Distance's 750 meters Front Crawl in 18 minutes. Well 17:59:25. Then did another 750 m of back/breast and kick drills.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    63 minutes