Struggles

Options

Replies

• amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @savysing Don't quit. Stick in there. The scales will move eventually. And you may be losing inches rather than pounds. You can do it.

This. Try measuring your waist & hips and then again in 2-3 weeks. Where you don't see weight loss you might be losing inches.
    amalik3511 wrote: »
    Bad bad weekend...no workout and loosing control over diet on Sun...

Really got to push it over on weekdays..
    What's making you feel like you're losing control? If you can figure out what is triggering your lack of control you can turn it around!
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @savysing Don't quit. Stick in there. The scales will move eventually. And you may be losing inches rather than pounds. You can do it.

This. Try measuring your waist & hips and then again in 2-3 weeks. Where you don't see weight loss you might be losing inches.

What's making you feel like you're losing control? If you can figure out what is triggering your lack of control you can turn it around!

Thanks amsdragonfly..this is good suggestion, will work on that...
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Weekend was tough, I think I made it through without too much damage. Had my brother in law show up and we had to entertain for 2 days. That meant a lot of driving and time away from home. So I had 2 dinners out, I think I managed to eat the best I could.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    Weekend was tough, I think I made it through without too much damage. Had my brother in law show up and we had to entertain for 2 days. That meant a lot of driving and time away from home. So I had 2 dinners out, I think I managed to eat the best I could.

That's hard for me to not just get whatever when I go out. Good for you! Even if you get something that's not the best for you, try to only eat half a portion and drink more water. Then you'll have another meal for home and not take on a ton of calories out. :)
  • CowboySar
    Options

That's hard for me to not just get whatever when I go out. Good for you! Even if you get something that's not the best for you, try to only eat half a portion and drink more water. Then you'll have another meal for home and not take on a ton of calories out. :)

Thanks , yeah I only ate half to 3/4 of it. Left the carbs and sauces alone as much as I could. I did have 1 drink with each dinner.

It's tough when people come visit lol
  • savysing
    savysing Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thanks guys
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Thursdays are worst for workouts, just managed some stairs...meetings and work kept me hooked on....
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Believe it or not, I some days struggle to get enough calories. I have been watching my food diary and there were some lower days. Yesterday however I got a warning when I saved my diary that I am not eating enough. I am not intentionally doing that, I generally eat until full, if hungry latter I try to have a snack (healthy).
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Believe it or not, I some days struggle to get enough calories. I have been watching my food diary and there were some lower days. Yesterday however I got a warning when I saved my diary that I am not eating enough. I am not intentionally doing that, I generally eat until full, if hungry latter I try to have a snack (healthy).
    Me too- there have been a couple days after starting this where I wasn't hungry at the end of the day but it said I didn't have enough. So I end up having a yogurt or something similar. Not sure what else to do there except have a little something healthy.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    savysing wrote: »
    So frustrated because I've been on a 1200 cal diet for over 3 weeks now and stick to it pretty well (but of course I have those days I'll go over some). I walk 4-5 times a week and try to hit the gym ocassionally. I lost 2.5 lbs the first week of my 1200 cal diet and now I have just stayed constant at that weight for 2 weeks. I don't know what to do. Yeah I know the whole bowel movement, menstrual cycle, yada-yada deal has effect, but for this long? I'm just not seeing any result for almost a month now and it's getting very frustrating and making me want to quit, but I know I can't. Just don't know what to do.

@savysing Maybe 1200 isn't enough calories? Especially on the days you go to the gym. Have you tried eating more on those days? I have been at a plateau the last few weeks, bouncing between 188.2 and 186.8. This week I upped my calories to 1400 (they were 1300) and I took an extra day of really light exercise which for me is just walking the dog. It worked because I dropped below 185 today.

• amsdragonfly
    Options
    Ugggggh- we had friends over this weekend and everyone went out for wings and beers and apps and I stuck to a couple wings, iced tea (unsweetened) and only had two chips with the artichoke dip. Also had a salad but man I felt so weird with everyone else just eating. And oddly I felt sick this morning after that food (I assume because my body has gotten used to the healthy foods) and today they got a pizza for lunch and I had one slice and about an hour later I got sick! Has anyone else had these issues? I want to partake a little bit with friends but all of a sudden my body is like "what's wrong with you??!" :( I don't know if it was a direct result of the greasy food or what. I also went over my calories by a little bit and feel bummed that I broke that streak. :(
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Ugggggh- we had friends over this weekend and everyone went out for wings and beers and apps and I stuck to a couple wings, iced tea (unsweetened) and only had two chips with the artichoke dip. Also had a salad but man I felt so weird with everyone else just eating. And oddly I felt sick this morning after that food (I assume because my body has gotten used to the healthy foods) and today they got a pizza for lunch and I had one slice and about an hour later I got sick! Has anyone else had these issues? I want to partake a little bit with friends but all of a sudden my body is like "what's wrong with you??!" :( I don't know if it was a direct result of the greasy food or what. I also went over my calories by a little bit and feel bummed that I broke that streak. :(

Same boat here, damn summer, lol. I actually stayed under calories but no exercise and wrong type of calories. I partook in some libations and other than some garlic bread really didn't eat anything bad.

Yes when I have the wrong food I tend to get a little sick what's worse is the guilt for me
  • amalik3511
    Options

Same boat here, damn summer, lol. I actually stayed under calories but no exercise and wrong type of calories. I partook in some libations and other than some garlic bread really didn't eat anything bad.

Yes when I have the wrong food I tend to get a little sick what's worse is the guilt for me

There are good days, there are bad days....weekends are my guilty days but the other 5 days of week, I make sure not to bend....and I am sure you guys would be fine, its just some days and nothing big...

As for amsdragonfly - yes, I have faced that sickness as well, for 2 weeks I was on healthy diet and when in third week I went from some fries, man it was like my gut just did not take it....my doc advised to go back to greasy stuff slowly and gradually like try some light sugar first and then some cookie and so on to pizza and fries (takes few days for body to adapt)...
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Felt like I was going to crush this trip with work outs, but the 6 of the gyms in the area that I belong to closed lol There are still two open bit neither have a pool. I'm going to try walking, but it's humid here and I not used to it.

Diet hadn't been going as planned either rushing here and there.
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Kiismyaces wrote: »
    Felt like I was going to crush this trip with work outs, but the 6 of the gyms in the area that I belong to closed lol There are still two open bit neither have a pool. I'm going to try walking, but it's humid here and I not used to it.

Try t25 to initate a schedule...it was a great kickstart for me and helped a lot.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Kiismyaces wrote: »

If you find you can't work out because of being busy the least you can do it to try and park a ways away from where you are going (like if it's the grocery store for instance, park at the end of the lot and walk!). Little things like that add up when you can't actually exercise. :)

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Oh yeah...know the feeling. When I eat stuff I shouldn't I get really ill. I have really learned to not even bother because it isn't worth it in so many different ways!!

• amalik3511
    Options
    Its estd now- my work cannot allow me to workout on Thursdays..its 3 Thu consecutively that I hv not worked out...
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Just wondering if there are any other teachers in this group? I go back to work soon and am scared of falling behind and not exercising like I have been. Right now I'm doing a 2 mile run in the morning 4-5 days a week and logging my food religiously. But that's because it is summer.

I don't know if I can handle getting up super early before the school day to run/shower before getting ready for the day, and at the end of the day I know I'm exhausted. Does anyone have any advice before I get back to work? I've been trying to set my alarm now to get up earlier but it's really hard for me, and I consider myself a morning person. I recognize this will be a big struggle for me, but I don't know how to prep for it before I go back to work.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Just wondering if there are any other teachers in this group? I go back to work soon and am scared of falling behind and not exercising like I have been. Right now I'm doing a 2 mile run in the morning 4-5 days a week and logging my food religiously. But that's because it is summer.

I don't know if I can handle getting up super early before the school day to run/shower before getting ready for the day, and at the end of the day I know I'm exhausted. Does anyone have any advice before I get back to work? I've been trying to set my alarm now to get up earlier but it's really hard for me, and I consider myself a morning person. I recognize this will be a big struggle for me, but I don't know how to prep for it before I go back to work.

I'm not a teacher, my only advice is grin and bear it. I get up at 330am, take my time getting ready and of course my coffee. At the gym for 5am 1 hr then a shower, to work for about 630 am then my noon walk. I am dead tired at night and it's a struggle to stay up past 8 pm but it works for me just find the time to fit it in, maybe you have to do multiple 15 minute walks a day during the week and hit it hard on weekends, just my two cents