Struggles

Options

Replies

• amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any other teachers in this group? I go back to work soon and am scared of falling behind and not exercising like I have been. Right now I'm doing a 2 mile run in the morning 4-5 days a week and logging my food religiously. But that's because it is summer.

I don't know if I can handle getting up super early before the school day to run/shower before getting ready for the day, and at the end of the day I know I'm exhausted. Does anyone have any advice before I get back to work? I've been trying to set my alarm now to get up earlier but it's really hard for me, and I consider myself a morning person. I recognize this will be a big struggle for me, but I don't know how to prep for it before I go back to work.

I'm not a teacher, my only advice is grin and bear it. I get up at 330am, take my time getting ready and of course my coffee. At the gym for 5am 1 hr then a shower, to work for about 630 am then my noon walk. I am dead tired at night and it's a struggle to stay up past 8 pm but it works for me just find the time to fit it in, maybe you have to do multiple 15 minute walks a day during the week and hit it hard on weekends, just my two cents

OMG 3:30am? You're tough... geeze. Normally while working I get up around 6. So if I gave myself time to get up and run and shower I'd prolly need to get up around 5 or a little before... I think it's hard because my husband and I usually go to bed around 10:30pm. Maybe if I could figure out changing out afternoon schedule. It sounds simple/easy but for me that is a struggle. I'm willing to try though... I'm trying to set my alarm for a little earlier each day. :/
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    amalik3511 wrote: »
    Kiismyaces wrote: »
    Felt like I was going to crush this trip with work outs, but the 6 of the gyms in the area that I belong to closed lol There are still two open bit neither have a pool. I'm going to try walking, but it's humid here and I not used to it.

Diet hadn't been going as planned either rushing here and there.

Try t25 to initate a schedule...it was a great kickstart for me and helped a lot.
    Kiismyaces wrote: »
    Felt like I was going to crush this trip with work outs, but the 6 of the gyms in the area that I belong to closed lol There are still two open bit neither have a pool. I'm going to try walking, but it's humid here and I not used to it.

Diet hadn't been going as planned either rushing here and there.
    If you find you can't work out because of being busy the least you can do it to try and park a ways away from where you are going (like if it's the grocery store for instance, park at the end of the lot and walk!). Little things like that add up when you can't actually exercise. :)

Thanks for the tips ladies!
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    very bad weekend from weight loss perspective.....

my best buddy's bachelors trip....all sort of dancing, running followed by booze, cocktails, pizza, fish, chicken and to top it all, cakes and tarts....its really hard to control your self when you are gonna be the best man and have a vacation weekend in months.

Got some serious workout schedules for next week.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Seems like my mind and body is starting to rebel. I find especially the last two days that I am always hungry, today I started sweating and getting sick. Made a chicken wrap and I started to come around. My mind is starting to look for excuses to not do my exercises. As far as my work outs go I don't miss anything except the odd noon walk. The feeling of being hungry is starting to get to me. Now if I do eat more I make sure it's healthy and I still stay under calories for the day but I don't trust my exercise calories so I just try to stay under my normal slotted sedentary calories. I also start to dread Wednesday morning weigh ins even though I have been losing lots. I think I am afraid of not losing enough, not losing any or even gaining. Grrrr I think I just needed to get that off my chest lol.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Seems like my mind and body is starting to rebel. I find especially the last two days that I am always hungry, today I started sweating and getting sick. Made a chicken wrap and I started to come around. My mind is starting to look for excuses to not do my exercises. As far as my work outs go I don't miss anything except the odd noon walk. The feeling of being hungry is starting to get to me. Now if I do eat more I make sure it's healthy and I still stay under calories for the day but I don't trust my exercise calories so I just try to stay under my normal slotted sedentary calories. I also start to dread Wednesday morning weigh ins even though I have been losing lots. I think I am afraid of not losing enough, not losing any or even gaining. Grrrr I think I just needed to get that off my chest lol.

I get the hungry thing- all I can say is try drinking water whenever you feel hungry. And it doesn't have to be plain water- it could be water with a squirt of lemon, or seltzer. Anything like that with no calories. And drink at least 8-12 oz. That's what I do.

Good for you with the workouts- keep it up! I am having trouble with having a religious schedule for working out- I was fine for a while and I feel like I keep slipping a day here and there. I'm going in to work tomorrow and Thursday for Conference Days so the next two days will be big tests for me of whether I can stick to working out still. I just keep thinking of the quote from the other thread, whenever I don't want to or feel really crappy or tired: "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." And I don't want to get lapped ;).
  • amalik3511
    Options
    my weekly weight loss has been declining..from 10 lbs a week I am now at 2 lbs a week....really de-motivating.

seems I need to add strength training and mix up my workouts than just walking and biking....
  • CowboySar
    Options
    my weekly weight loss has been declining..from 10 lbs a week I am now at 2 lbs a week....really de-motivating.

seems I need to add strength training and mix up my workouts than just walking and biking....

I feel the same, 8.5-5-3.2. I think naturally weight loss does slow down. A couple reasons I think are, body gets used to the exercises and you should change them up a bit. For example instead of straight static cardio add in interval cardio. Another reason I think it slows is you are actually adding muscle.

Yes adding strength training will lower your BF but your weight loss may slow. I think as long as it is going down keep at it
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill for 25 min. Only went about 1.5 miles, but at least I did something. Working and keeping an exercise regimen is difficult for me. I'm going to need to figure out a schedule. I come home from work and feel super tired. Make dinner. Eat dinner. Clean up after and it's already 7pm then work out and it's after 8. I want to try getting up early to run but I can't seem to do it. Does anyone have any tricks that get them up really early? I set my alarm and just don't get up. I never understood how people sleep through alarms until now... I never had a problem with getting up before, but it's probably because I know the only reason I'm trying to get up is to exercise. Haha.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill for 25 min. Only went about 1.5 miles, but at least I did something. Working and keeping an exercise regimen is difficult for me. I'm going to need to figure out a schedule. I come home from work and feel super tired. Make dinner. Eat dinner. Clean up after and it's already 7pm then work out and it's after 8. I want to try getting up early to run but I can't seem to do it. Does anyone have any tricks that get them up really early? I set my alarm and just don't get up. I never understood how people sleep through alarms until now... I never had a problem with getting up before, but it's probably because I know the only reason I'm trying to get up is to exercise. Haha.

Hey AMS, just got to make it a habit or routine. I am up at 330 with the alarm and usually 430 without the alarm. This is not how I've always been, I broke 4 ribs last January and couldn't lay down so I slept sitting up, never got much sleep. This was the start as I was up anywhere between 200 and 300 everyday. 9 months later and I am still an early riser just because it became normal for me lol. Don't get me wrong I am tired at night, I get tired throughout the day.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

Hey AMS, just got to make it a habit or routine. I am up at 330 with the alarm and usually 430 without the alarm. This is not how I've always been, I broke 4 ribs last January and couldn't lay down so I slept sitting up, never got much sleep. This was the start as I was up anywhere between 200 and 300 everyday. 9 months later and I am still an early riser just because it became normal for me lol. Don't get me wrong I am tired at night, I get tired throughout the day.

I guess I need to break some ribs to keep me up- haha. No not really... that sounds horribly painful :(. Maybe I could try going to bed a half hour earlier or something. I feel like I wake up by myself around 6:30. I need to be getting up at 5 in order to have time for my workout. I just gotta try doing it more. Maybe getting up a little tiny bit earlier each time. I'm going to try! Thanks BT- I just feel like I'm struggling. :P ~Ams
  • CowboySar
    Options
    You can do it
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Well the last week I have been having severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and some vomiting. It has been ever day since Monday. I wake up fine, I go to the gym fine, usually starts after I have my breakfast (smoothie). Starting to think lactose intolerance but not so sure anymore. I was fine all day yesterday until after supper then it started, no dairy at supper. I have been eliminating different foods all week to try and determine what is causing this, due to it being varied, lasting fro. 4 to 24 hours each time, I am baffled. I won't let this end my quest for a thinner me but I am getting afraid to eat and if I am that sick I don't want to do my noon walks.
  • rbrady79
    rbrady79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I feel the same, 8.5-5-3.2. I think naturally weight loss does slow down. A couple reasons I think are, body gets used to the exercises and you should change them up a bit. For example instead of straight static cardio add in interval cardio. Another reason I think it slows is you are actually adding muscle.

Yes adding strength training will lower your BF but your weight loss may slow. I think as long as it is going down keep at it

Great job so far and keep going. Absolutely normal for weightloss to slow down. 2lb continuous loss each week is healthy and maintainable
  • amalik3511
    Options
    An extremely busy week....no workouts on wed, thu and fri....looking to make some coverage for it on weekend
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Well the last week I have been having severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and some vomiting. It has been ever day since Monday. I wake up fine, I go to the gym fine, usually starts after I have my breakfast (smoothie). Starting to think lactose intolerance but not so sure anymore. I was fine all day yesterday until after supper then it started, no dairy at supper. I have been eliminating different foods all week to try and determine what is causing this, due to it being varied, lasting fro. 4 to 24 hours each time, I am baffled. I won't let this end my quest for a thinner me but I am getting afraid to eat and if I am that sick I don't want to do my noon walks.

Hey BT are you feeling any better? Hope it hasn't effected your workouts :(. I don't know what you put in yoru smoothie for breakfast adding things like golden flax seed or chia for fiber might help. Also using plain greek yogurt for your dairy instead of milk or whatever else you use might be more gentle on your stomach. Hope you're feeling better though- remember no matter what, stay hydrated!!
  • Chrisv44
    Chrisv44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been preparing for a test that's Tuesday, and have been working more shifts (I work nights). This week I walked twelve miles, versus 24 miles the week before. I have managed to still lose but only because I've cut my calories.
    I need to walk today!!!
  • CowboySar
    Options

Hey BT are you feeling any better? Hope it hasn't effected your workouts :(. I don't know what you put in yoru smoothie for breakfast adding things like golden flax seed or chia for fiber might help. Also using plain greek yogurt for your dairy instead of milk or whatever else you use might be more gentle on your stomach. Hope you're feeling better though- remember no matter what, stay hydrated!!

Yeah I am feeling better, maybe just a stomach bug but much better. It cost me a couple noon walks but didn't affect my morning workouts.

Was my birthday camping weekend and missed some workouts. Ate under calories but higher fats and the the libations put me over calories. I am not complaining it was my choice. Still hoping for a loss this week or at worst stay the same.
  • Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater and I just started a new semester at school. Add to that we haven't got our old house ready to list and my nonverbal child with autism has started peeing everywhere except the toilet. My mother in law stopped by and i swear thst wan eats 4 times the food i do, her metabolism must be insane. So i eat more aimply being aroind an eater. Trying had to start the week fresh. Afraid I at least gained water weight from all the eating I have done. I have two days to do better before weigh in.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    I am a stress eater and I just started a new semester at school. Add to that we haven't got our old house ready to list and my nonverbal child with autism has started peeing everywhere except the toilet. My mother in law stopped by and i swear thst wan eats 4 times the food i do, her metabolism must be insane. So i eat more aimply being aroind an eater. Trying had to start the week fresh. Afraid I at least gained water weight from all the eating I have done. I have two days to do better before weigh in.

I feel like the hardest part of not overeating is being around friends or family who are eating all the things you dont want to (or really want to but shouldn't). I try to make sure there are options available that I can eat a lot of, like celery and carrots and veggies. Also make sure to drink an entire glass of water. Often. Like, whenever you think you have had a handful of chips or dip and should stop but can't, get a glass of water and nurse that until it's empty. Tell yourself you lose the game if you eat anything before it's empty. That's what I've been doing.
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Really scared of the weigh in tomorrow....busy work travels have prevented me to do workouts for full one week. I tried some walk on Saturday but it was raining and could do only 30 min.