First Responders Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• kaylamichellemason
    Options
    I am almost done with my 4 week walking challenge which has been part of my weekly goal. Does anyone have a cardio type challenge that they have liked?
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    You can do alternate videos to anything to modify
  • kaylamichellemason
    Options
    Im talking about written plans or challenges online. I found one in a blog article on myfitnesspal for 4 week walking challenge and its one of my goals to follow the plan but im almost done and I want something different.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Everyone but one person checked in. I counted you Ymir. Great job!!! Enjoy the show tonight! I passed my test and am re-certified! Go team! Way to be prepared!!!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Oh, looks like the show isn't new tonight. Great!
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I passed my test and am re-certified!

Awesome! Congrats, girl!

Y'all I finally folded and went out and bought myself a few new workout outfits. I was trying not to because I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothes that I have no intention of wearing for very long but my workout clothes have gotten very baggy and I look ridiculous in them. So I went shopping and found a few bargains. Even after a year, its still stunning to me to wear 'normal' sized clothes. I don't know how long it will take me to recognize myself in the mirror. Every time I walk by and catch my reflection, it's like a small pleasant surprise. I'm certain I walk around with a little satisfied smile on my face for a good portion of the day, lol. Anyway, *warning, girl moment* I love my new workout pants! I'm excited to get to the gym this morning and break them in!
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    *zombie growl* >:)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    As everyone probably knows, there wasn't a new Fear the Walking Dead last night. They went back in time and showed us the first two episodes. So, our challenge this week is to go back in time to Fall of 2014 and enjoy the memory of Carol destroying Terminus.

Pick a Walking Dead character and do their challenge video, stay within your goals, report next Saturday, as per usual.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234628/weekly-challenges#Item_12
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Ysmir wrote: »

Y'all I finally folded and went out and bought myself a few new workout outfits. I was trying not to because I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothes that I have no intention of wearing for very long but my workout clothes have gotten very baggy and I look ridiculous in them. So I went shopping and found a few bargains. Even after a year, its still stunning to me to wear 'normal' sized clothes. I don't know how long it will take me to recognize myself in the mirror. Every time I walk by and catch my reflection, it's like a small pleasant surprise. I'm certain I walk around with a little satisfied smile on my face for a good portion of the day, lol. Anyway, *warning, girl moment* I love my new workout pants! I'm excited to get to the gym this morning and break them in!

That has got to feel amazing!
  • Cindyinpg
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Here's the updated members list.
    In summary:
    First Responders has 1 Missing and Presumed Eaten.
    Teachers had 1 Zombified and 2 Missing and Presumed Eaten.
    Teens had 1 Missing and Presumed Eaten.
    Zombies had 6 Missing... Presumed Rotted Away.
    If you see an error, please let me know. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234629/members-list-updated-weekly?new=1
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Went ahead and did the Daryl kickboxing video since it's my day off due to the holiday. Holy crap was that hard, but I've definitely learned that I enjoy kickboxing. Hope everyone has a good week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Went ahead and did the Daryl kickboxing video since it's my day off due to the holiday. Holy crap was that hard, but I've definitely learned that I enjoy kickboxing. Hope everyone has a good week.
    I love kickboxing. It's great when you're stressed too. :smiley:

• tabicat1031
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    I love kickboxing. It's great when you're stressed too. :smiley:

I'm finding cardio in general is good for me when I'm stressed. I have a stationary bike here at home, so I put music on and just bike my stress away. I always doubted the people that enjoyed exercising when they told me that worked... Not anymore.
  • kaylamichellemason
    Options
    Im excited about this challenge! I love the idea of getting to pick a character!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I do fitnessblender videos everyday. I love how many choices there are. Mine is done as well.
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Did the Carol workout. My legs are still quivering from all the lunges.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ysmir wrote: »
    I passed my test and am re-certified!

Awesome! Congrats, girl!

that is AWESOME!

• tabicat1031
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today. Had absolutely no motivation to do any exercises today, but I pushed through 30 minutes on my stationary bike. It was a grueling 30 minutes, but I got through it.
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today. Had absolutely no motivation to do any exercises today, but I pushed through 30 minutes on my stationary bike. It was a grueling 30 minutes, but I got through it.

Gah, I think days like that should count double, lol. Good on you for knocking it out though, it's far too easy to talk yourself out of it. #beastmode

Challenge met, I did the Tara challenge and a HIIT workout at home sans any equipment :p
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I had pretty much given up on the challenge this week because I am staying with a friend and have no time or space to do workout videos and we have been going walking on the beach every evening so I haven't been to the gym. But today I felt sad at the thought of being kicked out of our awesome team so I did the lunge video (can't remember who it was for!) and I went for a run. The next two days I have to make myself do some strength training to reach my personal goals but I am ok for calories so I should make it for another week!
    My only issue might be lack of internet on Saturday to check in but I will do my best!