Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,144 Member
    Options
    I am going to cry. The router will not connect to the modem. I have tried everything. I am so depressed.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Okay. The Lord heard my prayers. After multiple attempts I am back online. I certainly hope it is not that difficult to get back online whenever there is a service interruption.

Yikes!!

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    LIN love, of course you are depressed. I can only suggest you have a cup of tea, read a book, watch a movie, just try to forget the damn thing until the morning. Things always seem better after a good nights sleep and you must be exhausted with all the stress. I'm really sorry LIN, I know I felt like throwing my iPad into the trash. Hugs from Anne. ❤️
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Whoops, I was too quick off the mark, you beat me to it! Congratulations and erase the above!!! Anne
  • linder4866
    Options

966247mn6lidxqrb.gif
    j.gifa.gifk.gife.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    For everyone celebrating this weekend...

1734575onramgkh84.gif
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Happy birthday Libra boy Jake.
    I've got a question for anyone in the know about northern climes and geranium keeping. Mark bought me the most beautiful geraniums back in May. Pretty, pretty colour. Back in the UK we would keep them in our cool porches over winter for replanting out in the spring. Over here, I've tried and tried every year. No luck. I think it's the central heating that finishes them off in the main house. They freeze in the garage, they die of cold in a cold room I've got in the basement. These are so glorious I long to keep them alive. Is it possible, short of a commercial greenhouse?
    Anne
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    Happy birthday Libra boy Jake.
    I've got a question for anyone in the know about northern climes and geranium keeping. Mark bought me the most beautiful geraniums back in May. Pretty, pretty colour. Back in the UK we would keep them in our cool porches over winter for replanting out in the spring. Over here, I've tried and tried every year. No luck. I think it's the central heating that finishes them off in the main house. They freeze in the garage, they die of cold in a cold room I've got in the basement. These are so glorious I long to keep them alive. Is it possible, short of a commercial greenhouse?
    Anne

:'( When we moved north to Washington from Northern California it broke my heart to discover that geraniums that thrived year after year in my yard in California were considered annuals in Washington for all the reasons you described. I just didn't bother having them in my yard up here because I couldn't bear to plant new ones each year.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jake!
    500jy38ciocc.jpg
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi Jake, Happy Birthday!
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Anne, maybe if they have seeds that could be salvaged? Found this info. You mentioned the cool room, this article does too.

http://www.hgtvgardens.com/flowering-plants/geranium-care
  • Jacean245
    Options
    PHOEBE, how did I know you would help out. I did wonder if you could with you living down south and probably not having the same problem, but the article you found is most helpful and I will give it my best shot. These plants have produced all summer masses of foliage and flowers. They are a beautiful orangey red. I have a south east window where I keep my 3 African violets. Had them for years. They are as big as cabbages and bloom almost continuously. Anyway I'll put a couple of large pots of geraniums in the same spot and see if they do as well! Means I can't open the front door easily though. Minor problem! Will let you know periodically how they do, fertilizer and all, and hope they see another spring.
    Thank you, Anne. Pats for the pets.
    Sorry you had such bad luck BARBIE in Washington. Maybe give it a shot again come spring? Pats for your 3 furries.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    Anne, my grandmother took in geraniums and put them in a sunny window (where they shed leaves, etc. all winter) and then she'd put them out again the spring. I don't think they ever did that well the next year.......but she always tried.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Anne Jackie is our expert on savings plants, seeds and etc. I believe she even went to a flower show and swine some leaves to reproduce them. I may be wrong on this.. But I do remember her doing something like this Knowing her she would if she fell in love with the plant
    Marie
    Options
    Anne, read on down in the article, it says remove them from the pot, shake off the soil, put in a bag, I think, and keep in a cool place, then once during the winter, remove and soak the roots, let dry, then put them back in the bag. Might want to try both ways. just in case.

Have any of you switched to Windows 10? for those of you with Windows that is? I'm thinking about it, but don't know.. cnet.com says it is a good system.

printing some coupons then off to Walmart for that health fair and pick up prescription. then to petsmart, spending a coupon, then to Kroger, spending more!! lol. won't get my kitchen clean out done today.

rainy rainy day and nights in Georgia!! love that song!

Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,098 Member
    Options
    First things First!!

wsq3rqomygok.jpg

And for all our Canadian Friends!!
    1671886xxdf4k9361.gif

Happy Saturday!! :) Had to put the heat on this morning, this weather is crazy. I have to meet up with someone at 1:00 to see where we will be having our hospitality room for our convention on the 24th. I am volunteering two hours from 2-4 that day. I would also like to try and get a manicure today but I also have to go to the mall to pick up a blouse I ordered. Still want to go to 5:00 Mass so will see how my time goes.

Lin, so sorry you are having all these problems, I do hope they are finally all fixed so you can get on the internet with no stress.

Anne, good luck with the geraniums, I never tried to save mine so I have no clue.

Jackie, don't you just love the fact that animals think they are human??

Enjoy your Saturday and life in general.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind wishes, the first thing i did this morning was call Barbie "kid" then of course, I tried to seduce her. Anyhow, it's a good day on this side of the grass. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!! :)
    Options
    You know what I am enjoying about having a dog? when I talk to her, I really believe she understands the words. that's fun, after cats, who, although I love them, never pay attention to me.. lol!!
  • Jacean245
    Options
    I read the full article PHOEBE, and yes, a good idea to try both methods. I like a little challenge and these are beautiful, big, healthy plants. Maybe I'll have more success than I do with computers!
    Thanks on behalf of us Canucks for the thanksgiving wishes! It's Harvest Festival about now in the U.K.
    That's one happy turkey SANDY, probably the one I won't be eating!
    Now, do animals really think they are human? Or could it be they think we are all animals, the human variety in the main, just a little bit less furry,feathery,hairy,scaly? and thus prone to wearing jackets etc.
    Something to ponder on, on my early morning amble, me and the squirrels, etc
    Have a lovely, lovely day everybody,
    Anne ❤️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,098 Member
    Options
    Jake45 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the kind wishes, the first thing i did this morning was call Barbie "kid" then of course, I tried to seduce her. Anyhow, it's a good day on this side of the grass. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!! :)

'Tried".......LOL