Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    great job you guys. it's nice to see you all excited to complete the run :)
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    W5D2 today! Hills suck at the end of your workout during your 8 min interval!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Hills are part of my existence of running. I get at least to hills per run
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W6d3 done! 22 mins straight, no walking, 1.5 miles = 14:42 pace! Simply amazed. This was my second attempt - last time I hit a big hill at about 19:00 and just ran out of gas. Tonight, no troubles!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn that's awesome
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Thanks @moyer566! :D
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finally got w6d2 done. Did it but my mind wasn't in it like it usually is. D3 is another day. B)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited October 2015
    Options
    W7d1 done, and I felt like I could have gone longer. How exciting!! It was cold and damp, so afterwards I went and got some leggings and a wicking long underwear shirt. Guess that means I'm going to run in the cold! <3
  • mbaker566
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @mack427 I feel you. sometimes our brains will just be uncooperative and never get into running mode. I switch up my music on those days to music i like to sing along with. in my head, where no one can here me. it's better for everyone that way

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn lol. i went and bought fleece running pants and shirts and just got my trail shoes for running this winter. gortex so my feet don't get wet. I'm hoping for some turtle fur and smart wool for christmas. I'll join you on this whole cold weather nonsense

@Six5 hills are just a pain all the way around. i make sure to include them in as many runs as i can. build leg strength and endurance :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    @moyer566, turtle fur?! Googling... lol! And trail shoes, gortex, smart wool... fleece pants don't get too hot? Oh the shopping I can do! I just picked up a treadmill yesterday, figuring that might be a safer winter alternative, but it's not nearly as much fun!
  • mbaker566
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn they are light, athletic fleece, made to breathe. I've already worn them on chilly days. it was warm but not too warm.
    turtle furs are like neck warmers but aren't supposed to gum up with frozen spit, snot, and sweat-or from exhalation.
    there are a few goretex shoes out there. since i like saucony, i stayed with them. they were comparable to ones i wore already(runners world has a tool). they are trail shoes with very impressive tread. i can use them for winter and for super downpours and vacations(we often do little mile hikes to get to picturesque points)
    3163174-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

smart wool and merino wool wick moisture but keep your feet warm.
  • Six5
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »

@Six5 hills are just a pain all the way around. i make sure to include them in as many runs as i can. build leg strength and endurance :)

I hear you. That's why I keep running by my house (with hills. Ugh.) instead of going to the track at my local middle school. I figure it's better for my end goal to struggle up a hill then to get used to running on glorious flat ground. Hahaha
  • Six5
    Options
    W5D3 today. Felt really good. I wasn't able to get 2 miles in the 20 min but got close @1.71!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 Love the look of those shoes.

It won't be long and all the C25K Grads will be moving on to the B210K and then the October/November Running Challenges. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261576/october-2015-running-challenge#latest
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i wish i could have gotten that color but i found black and purple for 1/3rd the price.

I graduated from the b210k but i'm still not in the challenges.

@Six5 cool, that really good time
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am getting pretty nervous because in about 16 hours I'll be running my very first 5k. I officially finished C25k two weeks ago and ran a couple of 5k training runs. My only goal is to finish without walking in between.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Good luck! You've got this!!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you (: I finished and reached all my goals which were to actually finish, then finish without walking in between and maybe not being last. I was almost 8 minutes faster than during my regular training runs and that makes me really happy.
  • Six5
    Options
    W6D1 today!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Thank you (: I finished and reached all my goals which were to actually finish, then finish without walking in between and maybe not being last. I was almost 8 minutes faster than during my regular training runs and that makes me really happy.

Totally awe inspiring!!