What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    101 this morning which is high for me...I didn't eat a ton of food, just really greasy ones that caused me to be sick for half the night....I did eat pecan pie as it was my sons birthday. My stomach started spasming which has not happened since right before diabetes diagnosis so I am wondering if it was from high blood sugars.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @winnie141 Pecan pie is great, but I'll bet it was high sugar too. Mine was up to 122 today. Stressed out about new event monitor I will get today to wear for two weeks. Good luck tomorrow :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    90 at 535am today (& starting vacation day 1)
  • winnie141
    Options
    @leanmachine514 my daughter has had to wear one for 24 hours as she has something called...hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (it's heart disease caused by my having diabetes when pregnant...it went undiagnosed even though I was tested for gestational diabetes several times and it kept coming back negative...messed up) so she gets to go for a lot of check ups and was pretty close to getting surgery when she wan an infant. So that is what diabetes has done to not just me....my daughter. That is why i am pretty adamant about watching what I eat (except for the past week it's been rough) and my exercise. I hope they find what's wrong with you. There is nothing worse than feeling that there is no control over what's going on with your body! Chin up and make sure you eat small quantities of protein with any carbs...it really does help! And relax!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    92 :)
  • winnie141
    Options
    90 this morning....it's going down :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    winnie141 wrote: »
    101 this morning which is high for me...I didn't eat a ton of food, just really greasy ones that caused me to be sick for half the night....I did eat pecan pie as it was my sons birthday. My stomach started spasming which has not happened since right before diabetes diagnosis so I am wondering if it was from high blood sugars.

Oh Pecan Pie! Thanks to my wife I managed to avoid a nice home made slice last Saturday, but only because she intervened! I hope you get to feeling better @winnie141!

99 for me today. Now the real struggle begins - from today to January 2nd we are in the trenches fighting a battle people! Let's win this fight!
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    87 :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    101 at 736am today (vacation day 2).
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    tsazani wrote: »
    FBG = 131. I guess 1/2 cup of plain Greek yoghurt with 1/2 cup strawberries at dinner was too much? Also had bad insomnia. Back to the drawing board. Rechecking my FBG 90 min later = 90. I like that one much better! On second thought, maybe the 131 was just the result of the "dawn effect"? I'm going to check 2 AM FBG over the next week to see.

My BS will be higher in the AM if I don't sleep well also :-(

• leanmachine514
    edited October 2015
    Options
    winnie141 wrote: »
    @leanmachine514 my daughter has had to wear one for 24 hours as she has something called...hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (it's heart disease caused by my having diabetes when pregnant...it went undiagnosed even though I was tested for gestational diabetes several times and it kept coming back negative...messed up) so she gets to go for a lot of check ups and was pretty close to getting surgery when she wan an infant. So that is what diabetes has done to not just me....my daughter. That is why i am pretty adamant about watching what I eat (except for the past week it's been rough) and my exercise. I hope they find what's wrong with you. There is nothing worse than feeling that there is no control over what's going on with your body! Chin up and make sure you eat small quantities of protein with any carbs...it really does help! And relax!

Thanks @winnie141 I've had episodes the last few days. Hopefully, this monitor will find out what's going on with me.

My FBS today was down to 114. I guess I need to slow down & "relax" :)
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    91 :)
  • winnie141
    Options
    86 today! I'm so happy to be back on track!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    88 at 818am today (vacation day 3).
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    Today was 121, but I forgot to take my Metformin until I went to bed...so I ate a snack 'cause I have to have it with food. Back on schedule today. Hope change of clocks doesn't affect it
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    FBS 85
  • winnie141
    Options
    90, @JaneKnoll1 great number!
    Everyone great numbers!