Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I weigh less than my husband for the first time ever!
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    I actually was okay, even pleased, with the pictures that were taken of me this weekend putting up our Christmas tree. That hasn't happened in more years than I can count!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was told today that I could discontinue my blood pressure medication!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was told today that I could discontinue my blood pressure medication!

I remember that one too, it's a very good one!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I also just realized today that I have a lap to put my laptop on!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Started a boot camp work out 2.5 weeks ago, I'm starting to see some muscles...whattt!! :smiley:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    It's sort of a NSV and sort of a SV, but as of this morning's weigh-in, my BMI is in the "normal" range for the first time in my life. Huzzah!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, @AngryViking1970! That's terrific!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's sort of a NSV and sort of a SV, but as of this morning's weigh-in, my BMI is in the "normal" range for the first time in my life. Huzzah!

That's GREAT!! of course you'll find that even here there are a few "haters" of the BMI numbers. just so happens that I'm not one of them. when I began this journey, the only goal set for me was by my NUT, and he just wanted me to get my BMI to less than 25. so I know just how you feel, I like the idea of seeing anything to do with my weight in the "green" instead of yellow or the hated red.
    keep up the good work!!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to cuddle up with a book now. No tummy to prop it up :noway: have to twist the book this way and that to try to get an angle that's readable...
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    At 51 I feel young again. No body aches. My feet don't hurt, my hip is pain free and my chronic shoulder pain in GONE! Lots to smile about.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    xp...

It's been a while since I posted an NSV.

Today, I visited my bariatric surgeon and I'm no longer obese... just overweight. My BMI is 30.5 down from 59.5. He also upped my goal weight from 106lbs (according to the BMI chart) to 120, based on what he can now see is my shape and build.

Yesterday, I fit into a pair of Small pants. Granted, these are dress pants cut generously for us middle-aged ladies, but the Large I grabbed literally slid off me. I ended up wearing a Small and they'll be too big once I get a little more off my belly.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I went shopping and bought "slim-fit" pants size 12 - I don't remember ever buying size 12 and NEVER have I EVER been in slim fit I have always worn "husky" "plus-size" or "relaxed" ... I didn't even know until they were on and I was like oh hey :)
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Just bought a slinky dress for a Mardi Gras ball I'm attending. Last year, this same ball was my "last hurrah" before my pre-op clear liquid diet, so being 100 lbs. less this year is something I'm celebrating bigtime. Now if I could just find the cure for having such short legs! :smiley:
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Denied for my passport registration. They made me go get a new driver's license before I can apply, because the photos were too dissimilar. I thought this was pretty weird, because I can't think of a time when I'll need my US license and my Passport at the same time. The good thing was that my license was already due for renewal in the next month.

Part NSV, Part annoyance. Either way, changes are real.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My driver's license weight is 8lb more than my actual weight now!!! It's been a lie for 20 plus years!!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    ^^^^^^^
    Best NSV ever! I LOVE that!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Last night I bought my first Medium sized men's shirt, and it looks pretty damn good. Might be the first medium shirt that I've owned since 1992. the 34 pants I bought recently have started to get loose as well. I'm having a hard time with processing that!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I'm going to have a lot of fun watching sizes drop. Medium sounds amazing! Great job!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    NSV - Taken off cholesterol pill yesterday. Adding that with the BP med taken off three weeks ago that is two pills I don't have to take because my lab numbers are 'normal'.