The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,699 Member
    Options
    still whipped - had to go listen to Caleb's grade school band play during cookiefest - and then take him to bball - make dinner, etc - that was all I could manage - am hoping tonight to do cards - we'll see - headache - fortunately I have a massage today - so woohooo - looking forward to that - I'll have her focus of my head and neck probably today and just general relaxation -

it's rainy here too Jenny - thankfully it hasn't gotten cold enough to ice -

I have no clue what to do for the boys for Christmas - mom and my sis got the things they had really wanted - leaving me going hmmmmm.... - I think Zach is going to get stuck with getting a new driver (golf) because even I though I invested in a very nice mid range set for him this summer - he trashed the driver during an open golf session - doesn't feel very fun - but those things are expensive! And Caleb - the only other thing he really asked for is an ipod and I don't know why - he has an ipad - he can do all the same stuff on the pad can't he? I don't want anymore electronics to deal with - but then what else? Mffffttttt. I am getting the family a YMCA membership (mostly for Caleb to get more active - and that thing is spendy too) but I am feeling like I am failing at giving them there wows.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone .

I bought a new iPad and am just getting it set up . I have no idea where my laptop is ? I can't remember the last time I used it ? I returned from Louisiana on Tuesday night late and yesterday we had a family thing . Not a dinner but sweets and appetizers . It was amazing .
    Also yesterday we had a family meeting -myself and the kids about a life insurance policy JOHN HAD FOR PAYING OFF HIS OFFICE ugh , sorry about that .. Lol

Anyhow it has some money lef over and the kids wanted to know where it goes and I said I thought it was for the kids because JOHN ALWAYS TOLD ME HE HAD A POLICY FOR his kids _ well his daughter is so dang swee _ she said she did to care if it was theirs she's gifting me a share . Isn't tha amazing that his children want to make sure that I get a share ? However I told them John talked about the policy being for them and I'm ok. So they decided I I'm not going to take money they will pay to complete out cabin in Talkeetna . I'm so blessed to have married into this family.

I went to take care of my sister in law in Louisiana and she is getting better , y'all she was so bad off .slept a the hospital 6 of the 8 nights I was there but so happy I did because my brother wouldn't leave.

Anj , I would have been so stressed out missing the bus that's crazy . And wow you are super busy .

SHIRLY that grandbaby is so cute how adorable .

MARLA I love the family life you have _always busy with you kids _I miss those days .

Amy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,
    It's that time of year and so busy not getting much time on here I would like. I finished all the baking
    and Kristina will come home and do the mm cookies when she arrives. I still have to make vegetarian
    chili for Christimas afternoon. I am feeling much better after taking the antibiotics and Dave is on them too plus a puffer he had some bronchitus, good thing I made him go to the doctor.

We had our choir party on Tuesday night, the soprano's(my group) made the food and desserts. It was
    quite a spread. I had never been to my director's house so I used our GPS but it kind of took me in a
    crazy way but it managed to get me there. Of course we sang Christmas songs too.

Going to the chiropractor today my back is still sore after Sunday so I hope to get that righted around
    before Christmas. I have some errands to do today and maybe start that chili.

We still have no snow here but rain and really gloomy days, kind of depressing.

Amy- It is going to be a hard time for you this year, but you seem to be doing well with all that has happened. I am following you on Facebook and you are putting your feelings out there which is very
    healthy.

Marla- Good luck with the rest of your shopping and hope you get the kids gifts accomplished without
    too much trouble.

Jenny - Yahoo two week off you must be counting the days.

Hello Ang, we miss you.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Very busy week at work and my brain is mush. Still have a to do list a mile long but I will hopefully get through most of it tomorrow (paper work day). Tonight is our staff party and I'm leaving in a minute for it. Just wanted to check in.
    Amy- that is so nice of the kids to want to give you some of the life insurance. Thoughtful!
    Shirley- you sound busy but having fun!
    Marla- Have some me time too! Zach is right that he has to figure out what he has to get done and he'll handle it. You may not like the outcome but that is how he will learn.
    Ang- Hi!

I will have time on the weekend to write more. I've been riding my bike on the turbo trainer. I like it and my legs feel stronger.

This weekend is the push for me to finish buying stocking stuffers and plan my baking. Not going to bake much, probably coffee cakes and chocolate chip cookies.

Off to the party. More this weekend!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Baking is done: rocky road squares, meltaways, almond crescents and m&m cookies.
    Wrapping is done now just some cleaning around here.

Heading up to Toronto to see my oldest daughter Kristina and meet her new
    boyfriend John from Argentina. We are planning on seeing the Christmas market
    in the Distillery District and I am staying overnight.

Kristina and new boyfriend John, will be coming on December 23 and 24. Going to Kathy's on
    the 25th to see Isaac.

I have a meditation/yoga retreat on December 30th booked with my oldest daughter.

So just taking it day by day now.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sounds awesome Shirley - enjoy!! I am so off track with everything from exercising to eating to gifts - I feel like a failure - here's hoping for a productive weekend. Unfortunately I will have to be in by 3 a.m. on Monday - so that leaves me spending a lot of Sunday watching the clock and worrying about it - meh

go away grinch face!

Enjoy your time off Jenny - so jealous!!!
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    OMG Ladies ! I'm so excited with myself .

I actually made a plan and am sticking to it ! I woke up and exercised and I stopped drinking soda yesterday . Two big issues for me.

I feel amazing and every bit as determined as I was two years ago.
    I am tracking again . happy day .

Amy

Oh Hi every one I hope you all have a great day ! I'm at work and typing as a client is in the audio booth! ha.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    That's wonderful Amy!! Good luck and I plan on joining you when the holidays are over. I have been
    doing too much sampling and not sticking to my plan. Better days ahead.

Looks like the retreat may be cancelled. My daughter and John decided not to come after all. I will
    find out more when I hear from Helen, my TM instructor. That's okay with me so much going on
    now anyway.

The Christmas Market was fun but it was so cold. I didn't buy any wares but i did eat Schnitzel on a bun with onions and peppers so good! I had some mulled wine and hot chocolate with Amarula.
    After we got back from the market we ordered Sushi for dinner. Now just waiting for the two love
    birds to get ready and we are going for breakfast around the corner to a restaurant and then I will head home. John from Argentina is very nice and they seem to care about each other alot. Time will tell.
    You know ladies I have been through this before with the boyfriends. Ha.

Here is a picture from the market.
    Shirley

60l6jdgljuam.jpg

• jrbanta
    Options
    Finally some time to check in with all of you!

The work holiday party was loud but fun. Not a huge showing of employees but enough to hold a party. I had a couple of margaritas and at the taco bar that was featured.
    They had many drawings for prizes and a gift exchange if you chose to participate. I won $10 which almost paid for my party fee of $13. Yes we have to pay to go to
    our own holiday parties. School districts funded by gov't can't spend money on their employees, taxpayers' would have a fit. Nice evening and lots of laughs.

My Christmas cards are done and half are sent out. The rest will be sent today. Russ and I went to Christmas church last night so now we just have to plan the dinner for Christmas
    Eve. We are meeting Jeff and Iva at a restaurant on Tuesday to give Iva her gifts. She is going to Milwaukee to spend Christmas with her Croatian grandmother who says it will
    be her last Christmas visiting in the U.S. Jeff is staying here for work and to be with his family. It will be a small group on Christmas Eve. Jeff, Rory, Russ and I.... We are going to
    have Dump Dinner (like a shrimp boil) and exchange gifts.

I need to pick up a few more stocking stuffers today, make my list for baking, and clean Rory's bathroom and put sheets on his bed. He comes home tonight, yay. He plans to
    be home for 10 days and then go back to Grand Forks to work and make money before classes start. He thinks he got straight A's this semester. I hope he did. He worked very hard!

Amy- Good for you on finding your mojo! Good luck and I hope you accomplish your fitness goals. May the holidays be good to you also. I know it will be hard for your family.
    Marla- I hope your Christmas gives you joy and relaxation with your family. You deserve a vacation from work too!
    Shirley- Your retreat sounds nice! Do you like the new boyfriend? You are so organized and ready for celebration time. Retirement gives back time to a person, nice!

I've always loved to color since I was a kid. I've seen those adult coloring books. I want to get one so I can doodle and color while I relax. I read that it can be as beneficial as
    meditation. Hmmm...

Well I better accomplish my list today. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sounds like everyone is doing well -

Ang - great job on on a terrific new start - woot
    Shirley - enjoy your fam time
    Jenny - enjoy your multiple days with Rory and the others.

Bernie took Zach shopping for drivers Saturday and they got two for about $125 - I am pretty happy with that - I don't think is still overly thrilled with this for a gift - but he also spent a while on the stores driving range and it seemed he enjoyed that - no clue for Caleb yet. OMGEEEEEEEEE

I wrapped all the other presents Saturday - Bernie went to town and bought the boys Star Wars tickets for Wednesday - they will do that together - an early gift I guess -

feel like a scrooge
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Marla it will all turn out it always does every year. Enjoy your time with the family. o:)

Jenny - Yes I like the boyfriend very much, he is a very kind and gentle man.
    Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    last program for the year done - whew! they are all enjoyable in their way - but there are so many of them - it gets to be too much of a good thing. Can't believe my 'baby' is down to only two more at ILS - wowzer!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla - Enjoy the programs they will be all be done one day and you will look back at it with fond
    memories.

I had lunch with my sister today and we exchanged gifts. She isn't working now so I was surprised to
    get anything. She enjoyed her gifts from me.
    It's so nice to have my sister back again and since Joe has come into her life she is doing so much
    better.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Rory came home yesterday. He and I went to lunch and then grocery shopping to have food in the house for him. He tends to eat mainly veggies,
    meat, and fruit these days. I should do what he does.

Today Rory and I finished shopping and then went to the dentist. We both had appointments for cleanings. We came to eat lunch and then watched Star Wars "A New Hope" (the first one out when I was a kid.
    We will watch Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back before we go to The Force Awakens this coming weekend.

We will have dinner with Jeff and Iva at a restaurant this evening. Rory chose her name for Christmas so he has the gift wrapped and ready to go. I bought her a birthday present
    and stuffed a stocking for her so we will take those too for her to open. Iva leaves tomorrow night for Milwaukee to spend Christmas with her family.

Tomorrow I will bake coffee cakes to give away and have for Christmas Day.

You all sound busy too!
    Marla- nice gift for Zach. What does Caleb like these days? It gets harder when boys get older.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Has it really been nearly 3 weeks since I posted on here!!!?? Yikes! I've been so busy I've barely had any time to relax. Last night and tonight are the first nights I've had nothing to do in the evening when I got home. I last posted on the days leading up to the cantata at church. It went really great! My oldest nephew did a great job of playing the boy in the play. I certainly don't miss the songs! As much as I loved them, I got tired of hearing them by listening to them every day!

The following weekend after that was the ladies Christmas banquet. In the days leading up to it, I might have slept 8 hours total over 3 days. By the time the banquet was here, I was drained, but it was so worth it! Being able to get another location was a huge praise! It all came together and looked so great! The food was amazing! I didn't expect that much on my plate with over 100 people there. We had chicken, ham, stuffing, potato, gravy, carrots, corn and peas. There was also a HUGE plate of desserts brought to the table you could choose from. I've had many compliments from how it went. The next day we had a mandatory meeting at church in the afternoon that all who work with the kids ministries had to attend. After the evening service my pastor looked at me and said I looked more tired then I had the morning! When I got home I went straight to bed and slept over eight hours. That's rare for me.

I spent the first several days of last week in the evening getting caught up on the things that I needed to get done at home that I hadn't had time in the last two weeks due to the rehearsals and the banquet!

This past weekend I spent every minute I was home and awake baking for Christmas. I did two batches of Chocolate Chip Caramilk Surprise, one batch of Candy Cane Cookies, two batches of shortbread (they turned out for the first in years!!) and two batches of Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Truffles. 95% of them were gifts. I took most of them into work yesterday as my presents to everyone at work. I also did a up a tin and took it in Sunday night to the couple in my church who just had a baby girl. I have one more tin I did up for the family I rent from. I plan on giving it to them Christmas Eve. Sunday night I was once again ready to fall into bed when I got home from the evening service!

Sunday morning was our the Sunday School Christmas program. I had told my Sunday School class several weeks ago I wanted to hear all 7 of them sing a special. Well at the concert each class sang their own song, so my wish came true! It was really cute and the kids all did a great job. We did a play this year. Two of my students were cast members and most of the rest were narrators. My oldest nephew is in my class but he didn't have a part. He just had a big role in the cantata so they didn't give him anything. The "cast" then told the Christmas story and they little ones made up Mary, Joseph, 3 angels, 2 cows, 2 sheep and lots and lots of shepherds. We made a great find this year. Normally the shepherds costumes are bath robs. One of the ladies went to the local used clothing store and found someone had donated ALL their old costumes it seemed. She only got a couple but another lady went back and got almost everything they had! We got some great new costumes for future years!

Last night and tonight have been relaxing. I've had NOTHING to do! It's great! Cards are done and delivered. Gifts are bought and wrapped. Baking is done. Only thing left to prepare is Christmas breakfast!

Joseph is on his way down to South Carolina right now with his parents to see his sisters for Christmas. He was up for the cantata. He gave me two gifts (which he won't let me open to Christmas) and flowers! I still have the flowers. A couple are starting to die but the rest look good.

Work today I got my Christmas bonus. It was very welcome to help me out of a bind I put myself in. The main lawyer I work for also slipped some cash into the card and gift he gave me. :smiley:

I will try to stay up to date on here more often!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    that sounds wonderful Ang - have a great Christmas!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Jenny - sounds like a nice day with Rory. Can't believe he is on the downside of college already - we have been chatting for so long - I think he was maybe a freshman or sophomore in high school! Sniff.

The boys are off to Star Wars today - they seemed excited. I had them open those last night so I could see -

Since I haven't figured out how to get to the thread from my phone - I may only post in the news feed for a few days - but wishing you all a joyous Christmas and much peace and blessings.

Hugs.
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good Morning Again ,

I am doing well and have lost 6 pounds . I feel so good about myself again .
    I'm still at work and of course we are busy with the end of the year rush . I have a client that hasn't shown up yet so I thought I'd post really quick.
    I can't imagine how our lives are always so busy ( my home life I mean)
    You guys are so busy on a daily basis. I have started writing in a book about what's happening ,I usually write to John Just like I'm talking to him . When I read it it's like wow, so much to do every day , and I read it in your posts here too.
    Marla, your boys are getting so big ,I can't believe it Look how tall Zack is !
    Jenny , I wish I baked . For some reason I just can't get into it .
    Shirley , I love the picture in front of that huge tree it's amazing .
    Anj, So happy for you and your bonus ! We used to get a bonus but didn't last year so I guess our company stopped it ?

All is as well as can be in my world.

Amy
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Ang and Amy so nice to hear from you. Ang, it has been a while but you have been super busy but
    all good and I see your boyfriend is still going strong!!.

Jenny and Marla you will be with family and that is the best place to be.

Kristina and her new boyfriend from Argentina are coming today by bus and we will be picking them
    up at 4:30pm. Getting excited to see Isaac and his first Christmas with everyone together.

Have a happy and healthy holiday everyone !!!

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Amy - WTG!!!!