What was your fasting BG today?

Replies

• leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    FBS was dropping, so I guess that's good 124
  • leanmachine514
    126 today. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    yesterday 102. today 164 - raging elbow infection
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
  • wtskinner
  • wtskinner
  • phxteach
    Since Christmas, my glucose has been all over the place since I am in the hospital, off diet, have an elbow infection and rapidly spreading cellulitis. The antibiotics are mixed with dextrose and those seem to alter my numbers by 20-30 points higher. I'll take your prayers for rapid healing as I try to keep my numbers low. I am soooooo tired of being poked by strangers!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    phxteach wrote: »
    Since Christmas, my glucose has been all over the place since I am in the hospital, off diet, have an elbow infection and rapidly spreading cellulitis. The antibiotics are mixed with dextrose and those seem to alter my numbers by 20-30 points higher. I'll take your prayers for rapid healing as I try to keep my numbers low. I am soooooo tired of being poked by strangers!
    I know exactly how you feel. Prayers going up for you!
  • phxteach
    @zcb94 - Truly, thanks so much for prayers. They just told me they likely need to switch IV sites. Praying now for that pain killer!
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    My thoughts and prayers for you -- I have had cellulitis 5x in the past 5 years, all on my face and I know how horrible it can be. Hope the antibiotics work quickly--
  • wtskinner
  • wtskinner
    phxteach wrote: »

You can usually get antibiotics without dextrose, or at least I was able to in the past when I pointed it out to them. May be worth asking about.
  • phxteach
    @wtskinner, I'm not as LC as most, so it isn't as critical. However, they just weighed me and I'm up 4 lbs so must mean that I was in ketosis since I know I haven't actually eaten that much.
    Glucose this morning was 119 and arm is looking better. Keep those prayers a comin' :)
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    @phxteach I hope you feel better soon! Infection is no laughing joke esp with diabetics....unless you throw in some humour to get yourself through the day, then it's acceptable lol.

Been away for a bit, but I was 5.0 (90) this morning which is pretty acceptable in my books. Had a good Christmas and got rid of the junk (as in bad food). I'm ready for normal life to commence now!
  • wtskinner
  • phxteach
    @winnie141 Thanks - they let me come home yesterday. Sooo happy to be resting in my bed. , The 5.0 level sounds very acceptable! And I'm ready to join you for normal life!
  • leanmachine514
    Well, the holiday is almost over & my food intake has settled a bit...Mon=107, Tues.=108 & today was 112 after 124 for Christmas and 130 the day after. Happy New Year everyone :)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
  • wtskinner