What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    86 for me today! A little low for me but I will take it.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    94 this morning but I woke up at 3:30 am and I was 60 and didn't feel well so I got up and had some cherrios. .
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    148 :s 45 minute walk before breakfast, tomorrow I'll check before I walk
    Tonight I'm ordering a new bike, a Schwinn 170. I'll be able to wake up
    go downstairs & ride in my PJs. What a life...
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    87 today
  • mrron2u
    Options
    @sherr1335 - yes - 148 is way better than over 200! Hang in there - 2 months ago I was in the low 200's and now I've been under 100 all of September!

@jburke141 - nice - 86 is really good!

@Lizzym911 - 94 is really good! It sucks to be woken up with such a low though. I hope you feel better now. The effect of a Blood Sugar Low seems to stick with me for a while.

@KenSmith108 - aw man! I hate it when I forget to test first thing! The bike sounds awesome!

Happy Wednesday all!
  • winnie141
    Options
    77 today
  • winnie141
    Options
    @lizzy911 that would suck big time. Exhausting during the day never mind at night!
    @kensmith108 biking sounds fun especially in your Jammie's
    @mrron2u awesome job! I wish I had woken up to that number. For me 77 is a tough spot to be, I will probably be fighting lows all morning.
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @KenSmith108 Sorry about that. But, it's the slow working through it all that matters. I actually am a strong believer in having a good exercise machine at home! I bought a good elliptical and have to say it worked for the hefty money I paid for it. It is just amazing how much easier having a good machine at hime make things.
    @mrron2u continuing the good streak, excellent.
    @jburke141 what can i say, you're doing awesome
    @kithrobyn such good numbers!

mine was 105 this morning.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    101 this morning
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    93 at 8:30am this morning (within 15 minutes of waking up).
    (back in Feb2015, it was 300).
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    109 :)
  • mrron2u
    Options
    98 today - up a bit from yesterday but still under 100. I think I've seen this conversation before, but does it matter which finger you use? My 2 normal victims are getting so calloused that I can't get a dropout of them and I had to switch to a new finger. It doesn't seem like it would matter - but maybe one of my fine T2D peeps would know.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    94 at 7:45am this morning (within 15 minutes of waking up).
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    98 today - up a bit from yesterday but still under 100. I think I've seen this conversation before, but does it matter which finger you use? My 2 normal victims are getting so calloused that I can't get a dropout of them and I had to switch to a new finger. It doesn't seem like it would matter - but maybe one of my fine T2D peeps would know.

No, it doesn't mater which finger you use. Keep in mind that the glucose meters have a requirement to only be within +/- 15% of the lab glucose measurement, so, with a lab measurement of 100, the glucose meter can show a reading that can range from 85 to 115 and still be within its required measurement specification.

I recently tested this with my own two meters since I got a new one recently and was also getting a lab test that day and figured I'd compare my meter's measurements (both old & new) with the lab measurement with blood taken at the same time as was done for the lab.

My Lab measurement: 96 (so a valid meter range to compare with that lab value would be 82-110).
    My old meter (FreeStyle Freedom Lite): four readings at 85, 105, 99 & 97.
    My new meter (CVS Advanced): four readings at 101, 101, 100 & 99.
    My conclusion: both my old & new meters are within the required accuracy to the lab measurement but that +/- 15% variability is there. Note: while the CVS Advanced meter looks more accurate here, it too has had a wider range than what was seen during this test (I had been doing 2 or 3 sequential measurements when I first got it to see how variable it was). And yes, my fingers needed a break (i.e. return to normal poking frequency) after those tests due to sticking my fingers on both sides, at the endpoint and on the "fingerprint" surface to get blood for my meter test--my thumbs were the only "fingers" that didn't get poked with a lancet.

• winnie141
    Options
    95 this morning! @BarneyRubbleMD your numbers have improved drastically! Great job! Everyone's numbers are really good! Great job!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    118 and i know why!!
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • mrron2u
    Options
    Thanks for the info @BarneyRubbleMD! I switched fingers and getting a sample is MUCH easier!
  • KenSmith108
    edited September 2015
    Options
    126 :| I think I'm going to go back to 10 units insulin at night.
    I need better numbers. Diet isn't the magic bullet I was hoping for.
    I've been reading about leaky liver & it seems to have my name all over it.