Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    88 today.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @timetoloseweightnow....that has to be horribly frustrating. My strips are paid for in full so I am very thankful...I just got a new metre for free as well from my health nurse...it's pretty crappy...I really miss my old one. I wish I lived closer to some of you guys I could "bootleg some testing strips lol"
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    BarneyRubbleMD, thanks, I hadn't looked at it that way, but that makes me feel better. I only get one test strip a day, so I had been trying to use it for FBG....with testing after eating sometimes.( which makes me run out early on in the month).....but as you say that probably matters most for me to find my highest spike. The meds are working ,so it's time for me to do my part now.

I had run into the same thing with running out of test strips and they can be expensive without insurance (my Freedom Lite test strips, without insurance, would be about $300/month). However, I got a new meter (CVS Advanced) for about $18 and 100 test strips for about $22 (and the last time I ordered them from CVS online store, they were on sale for $18 for 100 test strips). I've switched over to this meter now because of the features it has (pre and post meal "tagging" & averaging which helps me keep track of my pre and post meal blood sugar #'s) and because of the cheaper test strips. And, surprisingly, I didn't need a prescription to get those test strips (but did have to pay for them--used my HSA card).

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    BarneyRubbleMD, thanks, I hadn't looked at it that way, but that makes me feel better. I only get one test strip a day, so I had been trying to use it for FBG....with testing after eating sometimes.( which makes me run out early on in the month).....but as you say that probably matters most for me to find my highest spike. The meds are working ,so it's time for me to do my part now.

I use Walmart's test strips $9 for 50 strips.
    It's cheaper than my insurance co-pay.

o:) OR >:)

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys, I will have to look into those from CVS or Walmart...unless I run bootleg and meet jburke141 halfway....lol
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    99 :) That's after tomato sauce! (caution carb for me)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    90 at 738am.
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • mrron2u
    Options
    99 :) That's after tomato sauce! (caution carb for me)
    Nicely done Ken!

91 today for me

• winnie141
    Options
    Lol @timetoloseweightnow ...you know it! My blood glucose was pretty high but considering I had a lot of broken sleep and forgot 2 metformin yesterday it wasn't too bad....111
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    jburke141 wrote: »
    Lol @timetoloseweightnow ...you know it! My blood glucose was pretty high but considering I had a lot of broken sleep and forgot 2 metformin yesterday it wasn't too bad....111

I see this as a awesome number, jb! ...... that is with me having 131....but it is after a Red Lobster run...2 cheddar Bay Biscuits..so I am happy too, I was expecting a 200. Great numbers everyone!
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    96 today--it's really curious, this is after carb loading with pasta and ice cream last night! Go figure.
    Everybody is doing real well in the last few days. Good job. @mrron2u you're getting it done :)
  • vegetarian2626
    vegetarian2626 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i am over 60 and mine was 7.1 mmol this morning, i think i am heading for dibetes, not started any medication yet, but i am going to try all natural ways to control it as long as possible
  • vegetarian2626
    vegetarian2626 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    3.9 to 5.5 mmols/l (70 to 100 mg/dl)
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    107 :)
  • mrron2u
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    96 today--it's really curious, this is after carb loading with pasta and ice cream last night! Go figure.
    Everybody is doing real well in the last few days. Good job. @mrron2u you're getting it done :)
    Thanks! And maybe your body is getting more efficient at handling the occasional carb load. I was at 83 today.

• BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    90 at 735am.
  • winnie141
    Options
    4.8 mmol (86 for everyone else). Finally got some sleep last night and remembered to take my meds!