95 this morning.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    87 this morning.
  • mrron2u
    Options
    126 :| I think I'm going to go back to 10 units insulin at night.
    I need better numbers. Diet isn't the magic bullet I was hoping for.
    I've been reading about leaky liver & it seems to have my name all over it.
    So sorry Ken! You are probably right that you need the better numbers vs. not medicating for now. Maybe when you get closer to your goal weight things will be better. Take care man!

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    93 at 7:35am this morning (within 15 minutes of waking up).
    I'm out of town for the weekend and not sure how the eating & blood sugar measurements will work out.
  • mclend0n
    mclend0n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    120 - getting in control with diet and exercise - 9/2/2015 it was +200. I've found that medicine alone (metformin/glipizide) does not work for me. I really have to take a holistic approach. . . consistency with that is a real problem for me.
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    72, going to eat some food now :)
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    sherr1335 wrote: »
    148 for me today, not exactly where it should be but a big improvement from usually being way over 200
    Yes, but celebrate that it's going down. Mine was 118 & 121 for the last two days. Forgot to take it before breakfast today.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @BarneyRubbleMD! I switched fingers and getting a sample is MUCH easier!

I use a different finger each day. Be careful at poking the tip of the finger instead of the side of the finger. All your nerves are at the tip of the finger & could make it painful. I have to catch up with today's number after eating before taking my blood count.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Doctor visit yesterday, showed My A1C has come down from 8.1 to 7.3 . in 3 months. Does this seem like a good percentage or should I have come down much more? I know I am not eating completely as well as I should, but I see it as a work in progress rather than cold turkey....
    Am I kidding myself, Do you think I should get the turkey out? : ) Gail
  • mrron2u
    Options
    Doctor visit yesterday, showed My A1C has come down from 8.1 to 7.3 . in 3 months. Does this seem like a good percentage or should I have come down much more? I know I am not eating completely as well as I should, but I see it as a work in progress rather than cold turkey....
    Gail - I think improvement is the key here. You have shown improvement and if you continue on the path you are on you should continue to show improvement. Keep it up! In the end you have to find what works best for you and what is sustainable. I know some go way lower on carbs than I do. I find for me I have to know I can have the fruit I love and as long as I am in the right fasting range I am happy. That being said - how did your doctor feel about your progress?
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Gail - I agree and also wonder how your doctor felt about these results?
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    He seems pleased that I had brought it down. He knows how hard it was for me to take the regular Metformin, so I think he waiting to see if this extended release continues to bring it down, along with my diet and exercise. ...and we would see how it goes in 3 or 4 months to see if I have made more progress.
    I need to keep tweaking the diet to get better fasting numbers.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    116 :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    93 at 726am--I'm off to good start for vacation day 1 but more worried about tomorrow's fasting # since eating while on vacation will not be as well-controlled as when home.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options

That looks like a decent decrease to me for 3 months. Your blood sugar average for month 3 was probably better than month 1 or 2 so by keeping an eye on your blood sugar #'s for the next 3 months your A1C should drop even more (that's how it was for me). What help me the most was to monitor my post-meal blood sugar #'s as those "pack the most punch" towards changing the A1C number.

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    109 :/ better than where I used to be but not as good as it's gonna be!
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    BarneyRubbleMD, thanks, I hadn't looked at it that way, but that makes me feel better. I only get one test strip a day, so I had been trying to use it for FBG....with testing after eating sometimes.( which makes me run out early on in the month).....but as you say that probably matters most for me to find my highest spike. The meds are working ,so it's time for me to do my part now.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    128 fasting, anything under 200's is exciting for me. can't wait to see it lower.

BarneyRubbleMD, phxteach, kithrobyn. excellent numbers for you all!