Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi Connie....I'm following the same macros too, and will be getting serious in the gym as well. Look forward to comparing notes !

Sue
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow ketoers! I have been on this WOE since late October. In an effort to lose weight faster and to stir up a very lazy metabolism, I started eliminating starchy carbs. Lo and behold, the pain and inflammation in my knee from tears in the meniscus suddenly stopped along with the stomach bloat. It took a couple of weeks to get things going and by early December, I started dropping some pounds.

I have been with MFP a while, but it wasn't until December 2014 that I got serious. To date, I have lost 25 pounds. It has been a real struggle this past year finding what works for my aging body to get the pounds to drop. I have learned the hard way that it is not starvation and a ton of exercise! Now that I am eating high fat, moderate protein, and very low carb, I can keep my calorie level between 1200-1500 with macros at 75/20/5 and feel very satisfied. Also, 2x a week lifting heavy with a trainer, coupled with a little cardio, is more than enough exercise.

Anyway, I am glad I found this group today. (I see a few familiar faces from the LCHF group here.) Having others to connect with makes this process so much easier. I have about 30-40 more pounds I'd like to lose and really need the support and camaraderie.

Connie

I have been finding the same with carbs. My body totally rejects them. I just wish I could get my taste buds on the same page.
  • 4031isaiah
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Hi Connie....I'm following the same macros too, and will be getting serious in the gym as well. Look forward to comparing notes !

Sue

I set my macros at 75/20/5 as well. I have been off plan through the holidays. I originally expected to get back on track Jan. 1 but decided last minute to relax until life goes back to normal tomorrow. I spent today planning my meals for the week. I cooked up 7 days worth of breakfasts and lunches and have dinners mostly planned out. I hope to be back in full Ketosis by the end of the week.

I don't really have a workout plan yet, though. I'm not entirely sure where to begin.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning!

Just checking in before heading to the gym for Aquazumba.

I have been bouncing back and forth on the scale for nearly a month so will give it until mid-January. I think I will do a fat fast to get things moving. Has anyone tried it?

@4031isaiah..start slow with something you enjoy...maybe a short walk after dinner or during lunch. With this WOE, I think lifting heavy stuff and limited cardio may be the way to go.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I've started an egg fast today. I took the last 10 days and ate every cookie. It was terrible and I'm paying for it now with inflammation, muscle/body aches. I've done 1-2 fat fasts in the past, but never an egg fast, so we'll see how this goes. I'll get out for a walk this afternoon after work even though winter has officially come to PA.
  • breezy178
    breezy178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

Sue

I set my macros at 75/20/5 as well. I have been off plan through the holidays. I originally expected to get back on track Jan. 1 but decided last minute to relax until life goes back to normal tomorrow. I spent today planning my meals for the week. I cooked up 7 days worth of breakfasts and lunches and have dinners mostly planned out. I hope to be back in full Ketosis by the end of the week.

I don't really have a workout plan yet, though. I'm not entirely sure where to begin.

@4031isaiah there's a great article on marks daily apple about the "minimum effective dose" of workouts. It's very interesting. It should give you some manageable workouts to start with. Go to marks daily apple .com and search for an article called "the most bang for your workout buck" and then he mentions the 7 minute workout in the article, which you can google and even find an app for.
  • pwrfl1
    Options

Sue

. I started out by walking and doing DVD workouts....Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels ( a little hard on my knees so I modified ) . This helped my cardio, and I lost some inches. My biggest improvement was when I incorporated strength training. I do a modified version of Stronglifts 5x5 at home....I don't have all the fancy equipment, but I found a way to get it done. I will have gym access later this month, so my plan is to do my SL5x5 there, three times a week, and do something light on the off days. I still continue to walk a 5 k when the weather allows....
    I used to get really anxious on what was the best workout I can do that would get the results I wanted. Reality is.....Any workout I stick with will bring results - it's the sticking to it that counts! Find something you enjoy and willing to do, and you can't go wrong, especially when coupled with this WOE....it's a Win Win!!!

Sue
  • Keto_Warren
    Keto_Warren Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I've just started keto and have joined MFP based upon advice on r/keto. I'm aiming to do some walking just as soon as I shake off this winter flu that I seem to be holding on to. My macros here on MFP are set to 75/20/5 and I'm keeping carbs at <20g.

I'll keep checking in as I progress and let you all know how things are going. I'm currently reading all of the guides that I can find on Keto!! Feel free to add me to your friends list (39 year old guy from the UK with approx 144lbs to lose).

Warren
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Good Morning! I've started an egg fast today. I took the last 10 days and ate every cookie. It was terrible and I'm paying for it now with inflammation, muscle/body aches. I've done 1-2 fat fasts in the past, but never an egg fast, so we'll see how this goes. I'll get out for a walk this afternoon after work even though winter has officially come to PA.

I keep saying I'd like to do an egg fast but have never followed through... I'm into to hear how it works out for you.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve for those of you who celebrate. I'm getting my metabolism tested today! I've been struggling with weight gain/no weight loss for a long time now, even eating at what I believe to be a deficit. I'm super-excited to see the results. I'll report later.

BTW- anyone else having trouble with their newsfeed being blank?

Did you get your results?
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day off today. Had big plans for achieving goals. Didn't even make it out of pajamas. Oh well, it was lovely.
    Stuck to keto plan, though.
    Guess I needed to chill, big time.
  • ginalu59
    ginalu59 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss yesterday and I think I can benefit from this daily check in for keto friends. It's not my first time with keto, I gained some weight that I need to take off asap.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Getting back on track is slow but steady... My carb intake didn't do the nose I planned for but they're coming down steadily. Still hoping to see traces of ketones by the end of the week.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    A few extra hours of work each day this week. Since that takes a toll on me, but increases activity significantly, I'll keep home expectations at a minimum. Be interested to see my step count today.
    Feel good about keto macros and calorie count. Scale is going down - a slow but steady pace for now.
    Feeling cautiously happy again.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Getting back on track is slow but steady... My carb intake didn't do the nose I planned for but they're coming down steadily. Still hoping to see traces of ketones by the end of the week.
    . What are you using to track ketones ?

• pwrfl1
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    A few extra hours of work each day this week. Since that takes a toll on me, but increases activity significantly, I'll keep home expectations at a minimum. Be interested to see my step count today.
    Feel good about keto macros and calorie count. Scale is going down - a slow but steady pace for now.
    Feeling cautiously happy again.
    . Good for you Elize!!

• 4031isaiah
    edited January 2016
    Options
    . What are you using to track ketones ?

I have Keto Stix. I know they are not the be all, end all and some people discourage their use but I like the visual of seeing the stick change colours. It acts a s a motivator for me.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    ginalu59 wrote: »
    I started my weight loss yesterday and I think I can benefit from this daily check in for keto friends. It's not my first time with keto, I gained some weight that I need to take off asap.

I hope you can benefit from this check in as well.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I don't check in often but I'm here! Plugging along! I love reading all of your posts! Thanks for the support!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I don't check in often but I'm here! Plugging along! I love reading all of your posts! Thanks for the support!

How are you doing?