edited October 2015
    Options
    Boys Life by Robert McCammon

Re-reading it, actually. Great book.
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    dmoses wrote: »
    I listened to the Hunger Games series and loved them all! Can't wait for the movie!

I'm currently reading What Alice Forgot - gotta say it's weird so far...

I've got Storm Front (1st Dresden file book) started on e-Reader.

Is anyone on Goodreads?

I am on goodreads. If I'm not on here I'm on there. But this year I have been a bit slack with reading. Exercise, work and study have taken up some of my reading time.

I'm currently reading The Ghost Bridges by John Scalzi and listening to Fragile by Lisa Unger in the car.
  • iLeela75
    iLeela75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on goodreads too https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3584284-lia.

Currently reading:
    Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
    and starting The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The Einstein Prophecy by Robert Masello. Entertaining!
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just finished Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith. Now I'm reading On Writing by Stephen King.
  • lfjeff
    lfjeff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, never read it before, it was OK. Just finished The Sellout by Paul Beatty -- heavy duty satire, some of it is very funny. Right now I'm reading Gumption by Nick Offerman. Again, its pretty funny in parts.
  • sparklezara
    sparklezara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought Chrissie Hynde's book "Reckless" for me at Christmas. I am trying to read it right now. It is excruciating. Chrissie Hynde is no author. The book is full of grammatical errors. The writing is sophomoric. Unfortunately, I don't want to disappoint my daughter. Going to read this as fast as I can and move on.
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It's petty good so far. Haven't watched the movie yet, waiting to finish the book.
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Harry Potter series. First time. Good stuff. I've recently read Wild, which was decent, and the 4th installation in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by the new author, loved it!
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm close to finishing up O Pioneers! for my reading challenge. I expect to finish it this week, then start up Gone With The Wind as the next book on my challenge list.
  • Watson_20
    Watson_20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Double Feature by Owen King. The books is okay, but for me it's somewhat hard to read and follow. Double Feature is my first read by Owen King. Maybe the more I read it the better in following the book for me. I think I'm passed the halfway mark of the book.
  • iLeela75
    iLeela75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Water for Elephants and then To Kill a Mockingbird. I finished the Popsugar Ultimate Reading Challenge last year and have set my goal at 50 books for this year. 3 in.
    Friends on here and on goodreads always welcome. :)
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3584284-lia
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading "The Martian", and can easily classify that book as one of my all-time favorites. During my masters degree in space systems engineering, we studied the steps required to survive on Mars, so to read all those same steps and more in a novel was extremely gratifying. I can't wait to watch the movie.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Recently started The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-time by Mark Haddon. Basic plot: an autistic boy investigates the murder of his neighbor's dog. It's written first person from his POV, which is really interesting.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I just got the 5th game of thrones book in the mail and I am SUPER EXCITED
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    WranglerMichelle, if you enjoy that book, check out Marcelo in the Real World by Franscisco X Stork. It's also told from the POV of an autistic person. I enjoyed both these books.

Nossmf, I hope to read The Martian soon. The queue at the library is still long.
    I recently discovered the books of Nancy Kress. Her sci-fi seems based on futuristic human experiences.

I just started The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    WranglerMichelle, if you enjoy that book, check out Marcelo in the Real World by Franscisco X Stork. It's also told from the POV of an autistic person. I enjoyed both these books.

Thanks for the recommendation, @PaytraB! I'll have to add it to my list. It might be on there already . . . I can't keep 'em all straight. :) But I'll definitely check it out!

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It might be on there already . . . I can't keep 'em all straight. :)

LOL! .....I can relate....
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski.