What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    @MilllieMoo That looks gorgeous!!! AND YUMMY!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    edited January 2016
    Here's my birthday meal from a couple years ago. Still one of my favorites.

007-18.jpg

It is a grilled ribeye (with candles), some smashed avocado (goes amazing with steak), some cottage cheese, and some cauliflower that is crisped up with some parm cheese on it. :smiley: Yummy.
  • HedgeHaug
    @lowjax75 Bwahahahahahahhahahahhahahaa!
  • HedgeHaug

Here's mine tonight: Fat pork chop with HWC, butter, pork drippings, cashew milk and gluten gravy, red cabbage with vinegar!

5eofeduhgg30.jpg

• Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Technically Bulletproof coffee only has coffee, butter and oil in it, if you drink that for breakfast it does not stimulate insulin so your body thinks that you are fasting, this is what I do, it gets me to lunchtime easily, if you put heavy cream etc into it, you make it into a meal and you will get hungry sooner.
    If you are not bothered about the fasting aspect then don't worry about it, just enjoy it!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    We need like buttons! This food is awesome, so many ideas!
  • lowjax75
    Dinner tonight was Skillet Stroganoff. I didn't take a picture this time, but here's a picture from last time. I had also made some Roasted Asparagus.

001-9.jpg
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    We need like buttons! This food is awesome, so many ideas!

I second this!!

I keep forgetting to take pics of my foods!! And I very seldom journey to this post anymore because it makes me hungry even when I am not. Looking at all the yumminess.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    kp36td5dmk2h.jpg

Just peppers and onions. Looked so pretty I had to take a pic :)
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member

Just peppers and onions. Looked so pretty I had to take a pic :)

Ooh, that looks good - fresh and crunchy.

• MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member

h8uu2hfqufaq.jpg

Courgette strings with creamy mushroom and blue cheese sauce.
  • lowjax75
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Taco stuffed peppers. And I cheesed those puppies up. I cheesed them up real good. <3

ydllx9o89ws3.jpg

:yum: That looks fantastic. I assume it's just a green pepper baked with some taco meat in it with cheese on top?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Taco stuffed peppers. And I cheesed those puppies up. I cheesed them up real good. <3

ydllx9o89ws3.jpg

This would be awesome as a stuffed fijita too! Steak or shrimp with a few onions, maybe some avocado and queso... Mmmmmmm
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    lowjax75 wrote: »

ydllx9o89ws3.jpg

:yum: That looks fantastic. I assume it's just a green pepper baked with some taco meat in it with cheese on top?

Pretty Much. I added some Rotel, red onion and salsa con queso to the meat mixture to bulk it up. Then just topped them with a mix of pepper jack and cheddar. I also blanched the peppers for about 2 mins. before filling them and baking because my husband likes his peppers a little more "cooked".
  • lowjax75
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the info, @Emily3907 !

We are having friends over for tacos tonight, so I will probably turn the leftovers into something like this.
  • Emily3907
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, @Emily3907 !

We are having friends over for tacos tonight, so I will probably turn the leftovers into something like this.

No problem! They were really good and my husband took the leftovers for lunches and said they heated up well!
  • auntstephie321
    @Emily3907 I love those, you really did cheese them up good! I'm going to have to add that to the dinner menu next week.
  • Emily3907
    @Emily3907 I love those, you really did cheese them up good! I'm going to have to add that to the dinner menu next week.

My family has always joked that I am a mouse, even when I was a kid. I just love cheese! Thank God I can still eat my full fat cheese with this WOE.
  • auntstephie321

My family has always joked that I am a mouse, even when I was a kid. I just love cheese! Thank God I can still eat my full fat cheese with this WOE.

no kidding, that's one of the things I love. when I get home I grab a hunk of cheese and usually some salami, I used to feel guilty because cheese is usually about 100 cals an ounce. Now that I know what I'm doing it doesn't even phase me because 1-3 ounces fills me way more than the stupid 100 cal packs of diet crap I used to eat. Bring on the Cheese!