Replies

• metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    actually jogged out in public today :blush:
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    On January 1 I ran a mile in less than 10 minutes. I was never big on running so that was a huge deal for me. A year ago it probably would have taken 25 minutes. My goal is to get under 9 by the end of 2016.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling, isn't it! You'll be surprised how quickly you will get that 9. are you running track, treadmill, or just random outdoors?
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspiring. I'm still trying to hit a 10 minute mile at this point.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Just love reading all these NSVs by AMAZING people!! We're rocking it - an oh ya - did I mention I put on a size 6 jeans yesterday. I wore a size 24 less than a year ago!!! It's finally sinking in that I'm a small person now. It really takes a while for your head to catch up with your body once you get going.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I'm so close to hitting a HUGE scale victory. Much excited!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been gone a while so I have a few to catch up on.

- I wore an off the rack 14 dress to a Christmas party and it fit perfect.

- I borrowed one of my son's shirts. He's 8 (but it was a big shirt on him).

- My soccer team got moved up a division because we won too many games.

- I did the "Turkey Trot" on Thanksgiving morning. 5 miles in the rain and I was the only one out of 20k people who was carrying a 35lb toddler in a back carrier. Made me feel strong and accomplished. And the kiddo loved it.

- I registered for an Olympic distance Triathlon later this year. That's a 1 mile swim, a 24 mile bike and a 10k. I'm scarred but I know I can do it!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I jogged 40 minutes today with just one 3 minute walking interval at the halfway point!

I haven't jogged that long at a stretch since I ran cross country in high school!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great work, everyone! So inspiring and encouraging!
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Had my 1st one today....looked down and my belly wasn't visable past my boobs :)
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    ^^^^^

Epic! SUCH a great feeling.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Today is my 1 year anniversary. 1 year ago, I weighed 286lbs and couldn't walk 100 yards. Today, I weigh 159 and yesterday I walk/ran 15.75 miles.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Holy crap, that's fantastic! You are an inspiration to me, and I love your no BS attitude.

Also, I'd love to pick your brain some more on the Keto stuff. I'll send a PM, or start a thread later.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, @ki4eld that is amazing! Just . . . wow!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You really are an inspiration to me! Impressive!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Woooooo!!! Get it, @ki4eld!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    40k steps equaling 18.2 miles today. I'm going to do a marathon by the end of the year. No doubt!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    BOOTS! Finally <3
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Love reading these! You're all awesome!!
    Here are a few things I really enjoy now...

1. Wearing tall sexy boots (that zip easily)
    2. Grabbing ANYTHING out of my closet and knowing it will not only fit, but look good on me.
    3. Painting my toe nails while breathing :)
    4. Snow shoeing, Ice Skating, X-Country Skiing and Running
    5. Borrowing my teenage daughters clothes

So many others. 8lbs away from my goal. Life is amazing at a normal weight!!!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ki4eld- Awesome and congrats on your anniversary!
    joysie1970 & RENAEJAE-I'm very close on the higher boots! I totally understand your excitement!