January 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I think I over cooked it today. Big miles, 80 cadence, digging the music. Life is good. And my HRM is behaving with new batteries.

01/15 - 01.0 miles walking, a little leg stretcher
    01/16 - 17.0 miles cycling trainer

Total: 139.0 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,298 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DH this morning then got on the bike then did a kettlebell workout then went shopping then made soup!! A good Saturday!

1/16 - 7.00 miles
    1/16 - 12.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Chris
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    01/13 - 2m walk w/ Cora
    01/15 - 1.3m walk during lunch hour
    01/15 - 2.8m walk w/ Cora
    01/16 - 6.3m hike w/ Cora

still not bike time... :(

walking 34/60miles
    cycling 0/40miles

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk during a break in the rain

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Finally on the board with 6 miles out of 100. Had to get on the indoor trainer but at least it's a start. :smile:

Adding 3 miles for 9 out of 100. I think I might be able to tack on some more this evening. It's pretty slow at the clinic.

Adding another 6 miles for 15 out of 100.

Adding another 10 miles for 25 out of 100.

Adding another 9 miles for 34 out of 100.

Adding another 9 miles for 43 out of 100.

Adding another 6 on the XC skis. That makes 49 out of 100. :smile:

Adding 19 more miles for 68 out of 100.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    2 mile walking at work, both around the unit, then around the hospital floors, up some stairs, down some up escalators just to spice it up.

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear there is a nasty virus making the rounds out there. Take care and I hope you get over it soon. But can you do me a favor and keep it out of Ohio please? lol I'm feeling overwhelmed enough without adding illness to the mix.

Added 4.75 miles for a January total of 48.5 miles. And a bunch of those get my life in order errands before the work crunch starts. So we have a clean house, reasonably healthy food that can be made quickly and easily and clean clothes. Now, if I could just find clothes that washed themselves and food that prepared itself....... :D

exercise.png

@k80flec I hope at least a little of the snow stayed around for you. We had a two day "heat wave" (above freezing) but the snow started again yesterday and the temperatures are dropping again. This up and down thing is making it hard for me to get used to the colder temperatures and messing with my desire to get outside on the coldest days. :#

Have a Wonderful Sunday Everyone!!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    1/16 - 3.41 miles

MTD - 31.25 miles
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/12 to 1/16- 27.34 miles walking/biking
    Total to date - 73.87 of 155 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations to clepant on making goal!

Watersm04 - sorry you've been ailing a whole month! I sure hope I can shake this sooner than that.

There sure is some strange weather out there. k80flec - hope you enjoyed the snow! Scarfe and cpanus, it must be green again finally? No more brown lawns? We have had 2 tornado watches here in the last 3 days - in January???

Stay safe, enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep moving!
  • ala140
    ala140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    10 on indoor bike
    20.65 out of 50
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    new ttd 55.1 miles and a notification from fitbit I just reached 2500 miles in total- that's in 2 years and 3 weeks so thanks to you all for support.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I too have been FIGHTING a feisty bug. I've had a bronchial cough for 6 weeks then awoke Thursday to glands swollen, sinus infection & my throat sore. I broke down & called my doctor to see if she could call me in a script in Ft Collins CO where I was visiting our son & picking up some great craigslist buys. We loaded a bedroom set, a full dining set, a king mattress, 2 buffets & a big wall clock. Left Ft Collins and arrived in VERY cold Montana (-25*) at 11:30 last night. I've been LAZY today & I won't go out since the high has only been 4 & there is a breeze so windchill is still below zero! I will get on the ex bike or elliptical & watch the Broncos/Steelers game. My son was given tickets from work (there like $800) & he was going, lucky dog! LOL
    I'll stop by later with some miles!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

17th: 4.91 miles purposeful walking, - MTD 64.74

It seems there are nasty bugs all over the place . . . . I seem to over mine and I sincerely wish a speedy recovery to everyone who's suffering.

@taxmom9093 - and @JTH11706 - the temperature here was just under 32f (yay for Google and conversion sites) overnight and we awoke to a very crunchy and white landscape with a whole 2-5 cms. By mid- it was a balmy 42f and now the snow is gone.
    But we are very close to the sea and the Gulf Stream. My kids have hardly seen snow since we moved here 23 years ago! Yet where we used to live, 100 miles away, the snow would stick from November to March (not very deep, but there!)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

1/17

25.48 miles (exercise bike) & 1 mile walking

26.48 miles for today

476.56 miles done MTD
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,298 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    There sure is some strange weather out there. k80flec - Scarfe and cpanus, it must be green again finally? No more brown lawns? We have had 2 tornado watches here in the last 3 days - in January???

JTH1706... the green is coming back little by little. The lawns aren't as lush. We had our front lawn removed and went 'desert-pretty' last year. Works for us. A lot of folks did that or went to rock. I can't imagine living where tornadoes come to visit unexpectedly...although we do have earthquakes that strike whenever they please.

Yes, stay safe and have a great Monday!

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran Friday and Saturday for a total of 10.81 miles, putting me at goal!

exercise.png

I would normally up my goal, but I think I just bask in the bonus miles this month, since next month brings surgery and not many miles. :neutral:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.22 miles walked today

75.12 miles walked to date
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,359 Member
    Options
    Forced myself outside early this morning to run before the Artic blast hits tonight and tomorrow.
    Jan17: 8.31 miles of running 5.29 miles and walking 3.4 miles
    TTD: 166.41 miles

exercise.png

• Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

10 miles
    MTD
This discussion has been closed.