Green Team

Options

Replies

• BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Whoever came up with the "terrible twos" obviously hasn't met this green team! How about "terrific twos" instead! Have a terrific day 2 everyone! Whoot whoot!

@RStoken welcome!! We're happy to have you!

@fey1 Yes! Especially when it's late at night and I'm studying. I just want to snack like crazy! If I let myself, I could quite literally double my entire days' caloric intake in just a couple hours of studying
  • jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @Batgirl1994 I feel the same way about my study breaks! I have just bought a package of carrots in order to avoid the whole doubling of my calories! Lol
  • RStoken
    RStoken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me. As far as appetite swings, mine range from Healthy/strong appetite to ravenous!
  • fey1
    fey1 Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Batgirl1994 crunchy munchies and chocolate do me in, particularly at the end of the day, but most of the time my diet's pretty good thanks to conscious changes I've made in recent years. There's so much confusing info about nutrition, but I thought there's no going wrong with increasing the amount of fresh fruit and veg I'm getting on a daily basis, so I started with the goal of at least 5 servings/day. Recently I stepped it up to 5-7 veg and 1-2 fruit and had a stamp made so I can do a daily checklist. A few of the easy ways I've found to get in more produce include: buying plain greek yogurt and adding my own fresh fruit, just one ounce of avocado (about 1/4 of the average Haas) = 1 serving and is a great addition to lots of meals, chopped greens (spinach, kale, beet greens, etc...) added at the end of cooking don't do much to change the flavor of most dishes and are packed with nutrients.
    I'd be curious to hear about diet hacks/improvements others have found useful!
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • MissEESmith
    Options
    My job is high stress and I forget to drink water so I started a water reminder app. It was super obnoxious, making slurping noises on the hour, but all of the coworkers liked that it commanded a water break. Unfortunately, it was driving the Mister crazy so now I'm doing the Plant Nanny. My dandelion is cute and really thirsty.
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    I love tht quote! :) thank you for doing tht! And a water reminder app is a great idea! I kinda need one as well! I just forget about drinking water until the end of the day! It makes me getting the 64ozs a little bit of a race for me! I will have to try it! Thank you so much for the idea! :)
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great day three!!! :)
  • RStoken
    Options
    2nd migraine day in a row. Not getting my exercise. I'm gonna have to do some serious make up the 2nd half of the week to get the bonus.
  • BeYouTiful94
    Options
    Day 3 going strong! I hope everyone had a great day 3 and is ready for yet another fresh start tomorrow!

@jessicakahn606 That's so smart! I wish I could do that but I literally cannot make myself eat raw veggies. If I eat them, it's steamed or with peanut butter

@fey1 omg chocolate lol! But what you're doing now sounds great. Life goals! I'm trying to pack in more fresh veggies, but dislike veggies with a passion. I can eat a salad with romaine or spinach leaves and minimal non-veggie toppings, but that's where raw veggies stop for me. I'm definitely going to give your avocado thing a whirl though. I typically don't like them, but your way definitely sounds worth a try. Maybe we could find a way to create a recipes thread. It would indeed be cool to see what others have come up with!

@RStoken Oh no! I hope you feel better. Get plenty or rest, lots of water, and maybe try some Bayer or Alieve! You've got this!
  • BeYouTiful94
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh! And as for water ... So, I have a Fitbit and this is where I heard of this app from, but I'm almost certain it works by itself as well. It's called Thermos (how creative lol). It's apparently a "Bluetooth smart water bottle" that connects to an app and keeps track of your water intake based on how much passes through the lid. It's definitely something to look into for better tracking and motivation for water
  • fey1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Blessings to everyone in their endeavors to build healthy habits! And @RStoken, hope your days of migraines will come to a swift end. The dark chocolate put me over my calorie goal for the day--common theme, more free time than I'm used to + stress = giving in to bad habits. Recognition is the first step, right?
  • MissEESmith
    Options
    GO GREEN, GO! nnit74pdv2sj.jpg
  • BeYouTiful94
    Options
    @MissEESmith I love this!

Have a great day 4 everyone!!
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    I have never thought of it that way!! Great poster!!! :) we are half way through week one keep up the great work!
  • fey1
    Options
    Aw, yeeah! I love how quickly I notice feeling better when making it a point to eat well and get plenty of excercise. Hope the same is true for all of you!
  • MissEESmith
    Options
    m980vmtjp2x7.jpg

I'm eating my steel cut oats and flax seed with blueberries this morning.
    What are you having for breakfast?
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    @fey1 yeah the change is incredible!! I mean I just feel like I have a lot more energy now than before this challenge began!
    And for breakfast I had a protein shake with a cup of strawberries! Yum!
  • BeYouTiful94
    Options
    TGIF! I hope everyone is having a great day 5!

@fey1 definitely! I feel happier, have more energy, and focus more in class. It's so great. I'm even able to exercise for greater durations now. I started out fighting my way through 30 minutes, needing a break every 5 minutes. Today I just blew through 40 minutes on the elliptical, no stops, without even noticing the time (Netflix with Greys Anatomy is partly to blame haha)

And this morning I had Greek yogurt for breakfast and apple slices and peanut butter for a morning snack :)
  • RStoken
    Options
    Much better both today and yesterday and have gotten a lot of exercise but I'm still only at 1300. I'm curious how others doing on the 3500 calories from exercise.