Lottie's Fitness Journal

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight release! Next month might be as much, or it could even be more...especially since you're adding in consistent exercising. Keep up the good work!
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks jilliancreates and kettiecat. I love the term release, I'm going to start using that term.

My left knee was sore today. I may need to go a little more low impact. It's the same knee I twisted when I was walking so it was irratated anyways.

I haven't been able to sync my Garmin Viofit. Anyone out there have instructions or experience on how to fix this let me know.

I don't think I've felt the joy I did today in a long while.

Everyone in the MFP community have a great evening :blush:
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss ! You earned it :smile: .
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well today I had my grief group. This has helped me more than I thought it would. I didn't think I could share with strangers. But we all have been through this and the support is amazing just like this site is the support I need for my weight loss journey. Went the other day to get my drivers license renewed. They wanted you to look at a blue dot which had you looking down. So guess how the picture turned out? Double chin YUCK!!!!

I told my daughter that when I lose my weight I am going to accidentally lose it and get a new one. The thought of having this one till 2020 makes me nauseous. I sound so vain don't I ?

Well I'm sitting in my lazy boy with a heating pad on my left knee. I did walk some but not enough. This week is my base week for exercise, so next week whatever my average steps are this week I will increase by 10%.

My nutricianist works with diabetics , she is a fan of MFP, I was so glad. We looked at the diaries for the month and she assisted me with too few of calories a day and a couple of things to fix the deficit.

My goal for fitness is 150 minutes a week. Which if I continue Zumba that is sixty minutes so it seems doable.

Well this has become lengthy. I enjoy reading your journals. Everyone have a great evening. :smile:
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I find right after I twist my knees (ouch!) that ice helps more than heat. But right after exercise, I definitely like heat better.

I wish I could reach through the internet and give you a giant hug. Your fitness goals are inspirational - I hope I can work up to things as knee-intensive as Zumba like you have!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Thank you quzzdragon, I woke up today and both knees were hurting. Yesterday I didn't do anything but walk normally no exercise type walking. It has turned cold and damp so maybe that's why. My first thought was to take it easy but I did that yesterday. So I put my knee braces on and Guardians of the Galaxy on my I-phone music and walked for thirty minutes at an average of 3mph. Now I'm sitting in easy chair with heat on again.

I am trying apple cider vinegar and honey that a fellow MFP friend suggested. I have researched and it sounds like it may help in a lot of things. But it is supposed to help with joint pain.

I would rather do that than keep popping ibuprofen. I will update you all if it works. It appears that I'm a little carb heavy today. I wish I could get these percentages right.

I need more protein less carbs. I may need to do eggbeaters again and not eat bagels even though they're begal thins. That also may be why I'm feeling sluggish lately.

Well I hope you all are having a great day
  • mimi2974
    mimi2974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Guardians of the Galaxy? My son always wants jam to that soundtrack before his basketball games!

Hope your knees get feeling better, and you'll be "hooked on a feelin'" of health! ☺️
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Guardians of the Galaxy is AWESOME! Definitely an up-beat peppy track to keep you moving. I'm glad you did get moving - staying still isn't the solution to being sore. Gentle movement will help you feel better in the long-run. If you haven't, I'd also recommend trying lots of different anti-inflammatories and make sure you've got the one that works best for you.

Never heard of the apple cider vinegar and honey thing - let me know how it works out for you. If you find it helps, might want to try mixing a larger batch with the correct proportions and save it in MFP so it's always ready and right.

If you're looking for a pre-portioned easy breakfast that's full of protein and veggies, I'd try these: http://www.willcookforfriends.com/2014/04/crustless-mini-quiche-single-serving-breakfast-muffins.html. I put leeks in mine (because I'm obsessed with leeks) and whatever other veggies I have around. My batch made about 24 muffins and each came out around 175 calories. I froze them in Tupperware after they had cooled, and I microwave one every morning with my coffee. :)

Happy Friday!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Well today went and cut my hair and refreshed my hair color. Feel beautiful. I have naturally curly hair blue eyes and freckles. So the copper red I'm sporting looks natural. She layered it more and my curls are back. It was getting really long and the longer it grew the straighter it became.

I got a new water pitcher that has a center that you put fruit in. I'm waiting for the fruit to infuse water. I can't wait!!!!

I walked around Target today to get steps in. They had remodeled and I really enjoyed checking it out.

Today I'm having trouble with food today. I was going to eat Geek Yogurt but carbs were too high. So I ate a tablespoon of peanut butter. Not much of a breakfast though.

Tomorrow I plan on walking outside again or I'll go to gym and try elliptical. Depending on Kentucky weather.

Well I better go now, everyone have a great evening.

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    sounds like a fun day !

I'm wondering, did your nutritionist set you the macro targets ? or are you using the MFP defaults ?

I ask this because Greek yoghurt is normally quite macro friendly (though it does depend on the rest of your day).
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    She looked at %'s on MFP and compared to the program she has me on. The %'s did match. Although the last time she did encourage me to eat Greek yogurt. I may need to talk to her next appointment. Sometimes this is very confusing.
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. I weighed in this morning I've lost 7.3 lbs. This is my first month back and I wasn't exercising much. I know next month won't be as much but it's a validation that I'm doing something right. I haven't been eating as much as I'm supposed to be, we discussed how to fix this. I will write more later.

Congrats on the weightloss Lottie! It's so great to have that positive reinforcement. I've been reading your journal and I'm very impressed with your dedication and hard work, keep it up, I'm rooting for you!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Thanks Angie. Watching the super bowel, I know my grandson will ask so I decided to do so. My late husband liked Peyton Manning so I'm watching for him too.

Tomorrow I will attempt Zumba again. This time I may need to keep it a little more low impact than I did last week.

Well total steps for past week was 44,637. Supposed to increase by 10% so next weeks goal is 45,083. I didn't make my 150 minutes last week did 100 minutes. So that will be my goal to actually do 150 minutes this week, knees cooperating with me. I spent a lot of time with heating pad on knees. The weather here has been cool but not unbearable. I hope it stays that way. So tired of winter.

Well they won. Time to change channel. Well I'm going to say bye for now. Have a good evening.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Sounds like good goals for next week.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Good luck with Zumba! Remember to ice afterwards if you have any inflammation. :)
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well we had sleet then some flurries so didn't make Zumba. Tried my new concoction the natural apple cider and honey. It didn't taste as bad as I feared. I hope it helps. I'll probably be able to tell tomorrow.

Well not much going on today. I hope all of you had a great Monday!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Hi went to group for grief. The best part was seven of us went to lunch afterwards. I picked good food from menu, and did fine on my calories. It was nice to be around people who get what you're going through. Plus we laughed and talked.

All in all a good day. Bad weather day in Kentucky again. It's brutally cold. It snowed some this morning. I wish we could head towards some warmer weather, it would motivate me to walk outside.

Well pretty tired tonite, so hopefully everyone is doing ok. :blush:
  • jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about ur loss! ❤️ But I am so glad you have found a support group like this one! It also sounds like some of them can become very close friends! Your positive attitude and determination is so motivational! Keep it up! I can't wait to read more about your journey and get to know you better! :)
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you that your grief group continues to go well. Having that kind of emotional support/camaraderie not only helps with the grieving process itself, but will very likely also help support you through this journey as well by lifting some of the emotional weight that tends to come with loss and grieving.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Jillian and Jessica thank you. I really like the support I get here too. We all need someone to cheer us on.