• missyjac
    missyjac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love progress and new tricks! Keep it up ladies xx
  • Rockchick09
    Rockchick09 Posts: 200 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OMG I'm so happy to find this group here and more ladies who appreciate the pole!

Last Friday I managed to do a Flatliner, Gemini and then an inverted crucifix.. I've never been able to do more then one trick at a time wile hanging upside down. It was such a victory!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I learned how to do a pike hip hold last night during my private. My instructor spotted me a little b/c it was my first time attempting it, but she said that I was the one holding all of my weight. I can't work on it tonight b/c I'm working, but I'm going to work on it tomorrow.
  • Amethystpink
    Amethystpink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can really only do the sundial well. The rest I am still struggling with. But initially I couldn't do any so I am happy that I can do one well. I am looking forward to increasing my arm strength
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I got my split Monday night! Only took me 42 years. :smiley:
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    We learned Superman/Superwoman on Wednesday and I was able to get into on my own in class with minimum/no spotting. I practiced it at home yesterday (Thursday) and I was able to get into it on my own twice. Out of the 5 times I tried it at home, I got it 3x. Twice in the air, and once from the ground. It's a bucketlist move for me, so I'm super happy. Not happy with the way it feels though, lol.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I got my Allegra last night and I have the (massive) pole kiss to show for it! :lol:
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but my big success this week was being nominated for student of the year by my pole studio!
    It's decided by votes, so if you'd be willing to spare a minute to vote for me I'd be eternally grateful:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5652NGV
    My name is Megan Clarke (Werribee).
    I'm so proud of my progress and love the confidence and strength that pole has given me.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I finally got my side climb tonight. Granted I haven't tried to in about 9 weeks, but 9 weeks ago I couldn't do it at all. I struggled so hard. Now I can do it with both a half bracket and forearm grip and on BOTH sides!!! :#

I can now also do a pole pull up. I can't remember if my head made it past my hands, but I do remember that my arms definitely made a ninety degree angle. I've been trying to get that since I first started pole.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I got my brass monkey on Sunday. I found it was far more mental than physical. I swear even though I had the pole in my hands I did not fully believe it would be there to keep me from doing some sort of weird aerial somersault! :lol:
  • jdhcm2006
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Got my layback tonight. I was able to get it with both straight legs and the bent leg variation on the first try.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    We learned the Marley yesterday. I was able to do the 1 handed variation really well. I did the no hands version without assistance, but it still needs work. I need to get my legs to spread more so that my upper body isn't as low to the ground.
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My big success isn't worth a fanfare, but it's simply that I'm persevering when things are difficult and hurt, which is very unlike the 'old' me. I think three years ago the first pole sit would have put me off for life, but that version of me has gone for good :)
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Sunday I figured out how to go from an extended butterfly to the flatline scorpio with the help of a Youtube video. The combo is in my routine for my performance at the open house and I wanted to practice it before going into my private this week.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Last night I got in to my brass monkey from the ground without a spotter. :smiley:
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I can now do a caterpillar climb once. I'm working on getting it twice, but I was struggling with it b/c I was trying to slide my legs back up into the L shape and not into an inverted crucifix, lol. So I've decided to put it into my routine for my performance at our Open House.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Yesterday, I finally made it through my Open House routine from start to finish once. Such a huge accomplishment for me. I feel a lot more at ease now. Tomorrow is rehearsal so I should be able to work out a few more kinks.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I've finally got my Ayesha and Electric Switches today during my home practice. Fear wasn't letting my body be great, lol. But I finally conquered the fear, and just pushed through it and finally nailed the moves.
  • ak240
    ak240 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I finished my competition routine last week - now just need to clean it up :)
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    My routine was on Saturday and it couldn't have gone better. I finished on time with the song, I stuck all of my moves, and I didn't fall. Yay!