Replies

• leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Today was the same as yesterday 116
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    112. not terrible. Doc reduced my insulin two days ago. They were worried I was actually a little too low some am's. But I am not happy to see it over 110.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    134 @ 851am today.
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    5.7 (101.6). Pretty good. No snacking last night.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    5.7 (101.6). Pretty good. No snacking last night.

That should be 102.6.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Today was 104.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    12.9 232.2 Holy cow!!! I ate late, had a fat free turkey, tomato and mayo sandwich with a few chips for supper. After a week of nearly nothing to eat, could this have spiked my sugar?

I just checked my sugar again. Now, I only had juice and coffee so far today. My sugars are now 3.6 (64.8) I'm shaking both inside and out. Having some yogurt and bran buds before lunch. Now that's a low!!
    I was taught that even if your sugar is high, just eat normally so you won't get lows and highs trying to gain control. Just eat healthy and normally.
    I bet it was your liver spewing out glucose as it detected not much food for fuel use. (For the high) and then it crashed
    We were taught to eat within 20 minutes of getting up so your liver won't start spewing glucose due to lack of food.
    Hope it helps and yes, the shaking is awful with lows... I usually drink some milk or a spoonful of jam or peanut butter...
    It's not a good feeling and hope you are better now!
  • JaneKnoll1
    edited March 2016
    Options
    88 or 4.9
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    12.9 232.2 Holy cow!!! I ate late, had a fat free turkey, tomato and mayo sandwich with a few chips for supper. After a week of nearly nothing to eat, could this have spiked my sugar?

I just checked my sugar again. Now, I only had juice and coffee so far today. My sugars are now 3.6 (64.8) I'm shaking both inside and out. Having some yogurt and bran buds before lunch. Now that's a low!!
    I was taught that even if your sugar is high, just eat normally so you won't get lows and highs trying to gain control. Just eat healthy and normally.
    I bet it was your liver spewing out glucose as it detected not much food for fuel use.
    We were taught to eat within 20 minutes of getting up so your liver won't do that.
    Hope it helps and yes, the shaking is awful. I usually drink some milk or a spoonful of jam or peanut butter...

Yes, they've taught me the same thing. I do find breakfast the most challenging, because I'm just not hungry when I wake up. I'm getting better though, I had breakfast at 9 am, instead of 10:00. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually eat when I get up, or closer to it. >:)
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options

I bet it was your liver spewing out glucose as it detected not much food for fuel use.
    We were taught to eat within 20 minutes of getting up so your liver won't do that.
    Hope it helps and yes, the shaking is awful. I usually drink some milk or a spoonful of jam or peanut butter...

Yes, they've taught me the same thing. I do find breakfast the most challenging, because I'm just not hungry when I wake up. I'm getting better though, I had breakfast at 9 am, instead of 10:00. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually eat when I get up, or closer to it. >:)
    Ha!! I am the opposite!! Can't wait to start chowing down in the morning and my first thought is what will I make??
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    109 this morning.
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    100 got some exercise in so I can eat more fiber without throwing my glucose threw the roof. am much too low on fiber
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    6.1. (109.8)
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    shippan wrote: »
    100 got some exercise in so I can eat more fiber without throwing my glucose threw the roof. am much too low on fiber

As I understand it, more fibre won't throw your sugars out, but just the opposite. We should get between 25 and 50 grams a day.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    5.1 this morning
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    5.1 this morning

Have to ask you Jane, is this normal for you? I've noticed for myself, if I am showing 5, I start to get a headache. Lower than 5, I start getting shakey. And, well like yesterday and Wednesday, below 4 and I'm shaking inside and out.
    My educator told me that the 4-7 were guidelines, and that it really can be different for individuals. I think my normal is more in the range of 6-7 fasting, and 7-10 after eating.
    All these questions to ask when I finally get to see and endocrinologist in May.
  • shippan
    Options
    90 this am, but am finding horrible constipation with low fibers
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    shippan wrote: »
    90 this am, but am finding horrible constipation with low fibers

Fibre up!! It's good for that, and helps with the blood sugars. Because it keeps you feeling fuller longer.
    Canadian Diabetes Assoc. recommends between 25-50 grams a day. I don't understand why your're trying to low fibre. Remember, to get your net carbs, you subtract the fibre.
  • shippan
    Options
    thanks Judy, my problem is not getting enough fiber in. When I eat fiber enriched food -- my sugar goes up too high. Am recovering from colon cancer and because of that my BG wants to play high ball. Patience and time will settle it. Have been diabetic a long time and have always been able to keep things in line with sensible diet. Thought MFP would help to record what's going on
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Shippan, congrats on your recovery. Isn't something how one system in our body affects each other.
    Continued good health!!