100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey Roger where did everyone go? Looks like you got your own blog going here over the past week. I had my 1 month followup yesterday and the surgeon was very pleased with my recovery. He released me so I get to go back to work on Tuesday. Since Friday Feb 19th I have been back on the bike. Was only able to go 0.64 of a mile the first day out. Have been out each day and increasing the distance and time. Thursday I got to 3.05 miles in 35 minutes. However yesterday and today I was only able to do 1.62 miles. The last two days I have only gotten 54 & 24 grams of protein in. Yesterday's was so low I should have had a shake after dinner but it was too close to bed time before I realized I should have had one. Today I have to work at getting that protein back up.
    Hope you and anyone else reading the thread has a great weekend.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Another day, another walk, just over 8k steps today. It was below freezing when I went out, however it is supposed to be up to the vicinity of 60 degrees today for a high temperature. Possibility of snow at the end of the upcoming week, hopefully that far out they are wrong.

Another Mini review shortly, the LC Comfort line Grilled Chicken Primavera.

For those that might be interested I just heard from ginnywed in the 100% Challenge message thread that CostCo is putting the NutriSystem Gift cards on sale for $59.99 on March 3, a savings of $40.01 over the $100 face value. Just in the nick of time too as I used up the ones I had left on hand for my upcoming order :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Hey Roger where did everyone go? Looks like you got your own blog going here over the past week. I had my 1 month followup yesterday and the surgeon was very pleased with my recovery. He released me so I get to go back to work on Tuesday. Since Friday Feb 19th I have been back on the bike. Was only able to go 0.64 of a mile the first day out. Have been out each day and increasing the distance and time. Thursday I got to 3.05 miles in 35 minutes. However yesterday and today I was only able to do 1.62 miles. The last two days I have only gotten 54 & 24 grams of protein in. Yesterday's was so low I should have had a shake after dinner but it was too close to bed time before I realized I should have had one. Today I have to work at getting that protein back up.
    Hope you and anyone else reading the thread has a great weekend.

Hi
    It seems that people pop in and out of here. This is what I feared would happen when NutriSystem closed their Website in favor of FB. Something I have no desire to join FWIW. hve You thought about creating a printed checklist that You keep handy so as to make sure You get the proper nutrition since You no longer have hunger pangs to remind You to eat.

Do You think it was the lack of protein that has caused the shortened distance?
    I have had to lengthen my walks to reach the same stop count as I seem to be covering distance with less steps. To me that indicates I have lengthened my stride. Considering I started walking late spring of last year it is a slow process.

Good news that the surgeon is pleased with Your recovery.

I hope to see You here reporting progress :)
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    When I started out walking it was sunny, very shortly the sky clouded over with dark clouds, However The rain held off, it is now raining outside, I got lucky as with the Sun shining I decided I did not need to bring the Umbrella :)

I went in the grocery store and examined Cereals. The Kellogg's All bran Wheat Flakes have similar Nutrition values for serving size & calories, Fiber, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates and are a lot cheaper so I am not reordering the NutriFlakes from Nutrisystem.

General Mills Multi Grain Cheerios vs the NS Sweetened O's do not compare quite so good however at a lot cheaper, They could work, especially since I Do have a Banana and a protein shake with the cereal.

I need to look at the stores Granola cereal too. if I can save Money, Why pay more :)

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Another Day, Another walk + a Nickel . The weather is still nice and was comfortable for my walk. I did go out for my walk later than usual so I could go by the bank. So I hit the 7-Eleven for my blend of Regular and decaf coffee, then towards the end of the walk the Supermarket and then the bank.

I did go by the Supermarket and picked up some greenish Bananas. They had Yellow Bananas or Green Bananas for the same price $0.39 a pound. I opted for the Green ones as I had already eaten todays Banana and have one more sitting in the refrigerator to keep it from getting to ripe for my taste. I put three of the last bunch in their when they were where I like them and although the skin has turned brown the inside is still nice & firm and tasty so that works for me.

I know that the news today will be a lost cause as it will mostly be talk about Super Tuesday and tomorrow it will be full of pundits dissecting the results.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger AKA RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    It was windy out when I left to go walking + 11 cents and the temperature is dropping too. The overnight rain was gone before I left. I could hear it still coming down at 5:30 and it was gone before I started to get ready at 6:30 to go walking.
    The Bananas I picked up yesterday did not look like they would be ripe enough for tomorrow so I stopped and picked up two ripe ones @ $0.39 a pound :)

I will be posting a review in a while of the Lean Cuisine Entree vs the NS version here FWIW
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews for reviews I have done.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I've been missing for too long. As I wrote on my MFP last Tuesday I had both knees injected with cortisone and on Thursday I had my left hip injected for bursitis. I have had 5 nights of pain free sleep and I'm actually able to walk. I am feeling blessed to be pain free. Was able to play with the 2 year old grandson and pick up the chunky 8 month old over the weekend. Nice extra was that I was actually able to drop some pounds after being stuck for weeks. Nothing beats the joy of being pain free (close enough) playing with grands and dropping pounds.
    Roger and Amanda please keep posting. I read every word and I'm sure that there are others that get inspiration from your posts. Sharing your journey helps me to stay on track. I agree it is harder to stay focused without our former website.
    Take care of yourselves and thank you for reaching out here. Hugs
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Heads up, the NutriSystem $59.99 cost for $100 face value sale has started at CostCo.com

Hi
    I was out walking today, Again :) The temperature is 20 degrees colder than yesterday according to News 12 the Local cable only News Channel. It is sunny so far, possible snow later on tonight into Friday, Probably, They still are not sure where or how much, the best guess is 1 to 3 inches depending on where You are in the state. I stopped at the Dollar Store and I did pick up a new quart of milk for the pantry shelf, use by date of February 15, 2017 from the latest delivery as they were out the other day. I also picked up two boxes of Pancakes that should will work for breakfasts, total outlay $3, no sales tax on food. Next NS Delivery ship date is the 14th currently so These will give me a change of taste from cereal until then.

I also did go to Costco's website and order more Gift cards now that the $59.99 per hundred dollar face value sale has started.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi Friends,
    I've been missing for too long. As I wrote on my MFP last Tuesday I had both knees injected with cortisone and on Thursday I had my left hip injected for bursitis. I have had 5 nights of pain free sleep and I'm actually able to walk. I am feeling blessed to be pain free. Was able to play with the 2 year old grandson and pick up the chunky 8 month old over the weekend. Nice extra was that I was actually able to drop some pounds after being stuck for weeks. Nothing beats the joy of being pain free (close enough) playing with grands and dropping pounds.
    Roger and Amanda please keep posting. I read every word and I'm sure that there are others that get inspiration from your posts. Sharing your journey helps me to stay on track. I agree it is harder to stay focused without our former website.
    Take care of yourselves and thank you for reaching out here. Hugs

Hi Nene
    Being pain free is a true blessing as it enables so much more.

FWIW the CostCo gift cards are now available at a good price once again, I broke down and ordered 15 :)

I plan to apply the Income tax refund to paying for them as well as the regular amount I pay my balance should stay where it was. I managed to run the card up a bit over the last year and am now working on paying it down, I hate paying interest.

I must say that the road to weight loss is a bumpy road :) I am still working at it however despite the slow down in weight loss from approaching goal and working on alternatives. I will be ordering from NS even as I stretch the deliveries out since I like the Protein shakes and have on a day. Paying for them with the Auto-delivery and free shipping + 20% off and then taking that discounted price and using the Sale price CostCo NS Gift carts reduces the cost of using them to less than $1 a day, approximately $6.24 for the 7 pack box. I do not know if I can find a equivalent Protein shake for less that tastes as good, I will be looking however as they discontinued the Strawberry flavor :(

The Trick with a weight loss plateau is not to let it get You discouraged to where You give up. Congratulations on the Loss and sticking to it.

Have a Really great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    The weather outside is/was light snow. I was walking, the roads are clear and the sidewalks mostly so. Currently either we are in a lull or the snow is done already :)
    There is snow on the grass however. In deference to the weather I did wear my heavy insulated boots that have a much deeper thread than my walking shoes.

Tracking shows my NutriSystem Gift Cards from CostCo are shipped and transferred to the Mail Innovations facility in Morrow, GA with a Projected Delivery Date: 03/09/2016

Just in time to use for the extra A La Carte items I added to my upcoming order. What have I added, Protein shakes and Snacks mostly with a few of the Shelf Stable lunches I like and I will add some of the Lean Cuisine Entrees so I can then extend the time between the upcoming delivery and the one following :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking a smidgen Late (technical term for the duration). My Goal was to be out the door at 7:45 AM and I did was not headed out the door until 7:46 :)
    My First Stop was 7 Eleven for Coffee, then on my way with a pass by the bank when it opened at 9 AM, I got there a smidgen early too at 8:58. I ended up with 8.5K steps when I got home. The Temperature was 5 degrees cooler than yesterday for the same time, It warmed up nicely towards the end of the walk. I finished off the Playlist of episodes of the Shadow OTR broadcasts for the 40s. Interesting advertising I heard was for the US Coast Guard, It started out with a Submarine planning an attack on US Shipping and getting sunk by the Coast Guard, then went into Join the Coast Guard :) Also A Commercial for Blue Coal and Scheduling deliveries at the start of the heating season to to allow the dealer to optimize deliveries to minimize fuel use and tire wear. As well as tips on conserving coal.

According to tracking my NS Gift cards are in Bridgeport, NJ. I am guessing that means no way will they be delivered until Monday at the earliest :)

Have a great Weekend
    RogerToo

P.S. Just for fun, Fill in the Blank: "The Weed of crime bears bitter fruit, the ______ knows"
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went out walking once again, Currently after coming home and then going shopping at the Acme I am at 9266 steps. It was a little cold out, According to the weather forecast I just saw She thinks we will not see any below freezing temperatures all week, Yea!

At the Acme I bought some Smart Ones Entrees and a Desert to try as they were on sale at 6 for $10 = $1.67 each, Then since I bought more than six the cashier pulled a coupon off of one for $2 off 7 Smart Ones which lowered the price even more :) Some of the Items looked pretty good to me so I hope They are OK. Pretty cheap. I think I may push back my NS order
    another week as when I was in the basement freezer it is nearly full already and the Kitchen Freezer section is pretty full too.

From this mornings news broadcast, Today is national Oreo Day :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    We are headed into a warmer weather, Hooray. I was slightly under dressed when I started walking, however it was tolerable and as I had suspected it warmed up. There was frost on the Car when I started out. It is forecast to be in the upper 50s later on today :) 8.9k steps so far today.

Have a Great Upcoming Week
    Roger
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I was thinking yesterday how much I used to enjoy the chats on the NS site. I do not know that I would have lasted as long as I did, or would have done as well as I did if it were not for some of the nice people on the site. I really do miss that. Then I thought about this group. It has the same type of vibe (probably a lot of the same people).
    I have to participate and check in more over here.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was listening to a mixed bag of music from Tennessee Ernie Ford doing "Peace In The Valley" and others to Movie & TV Theme music. 9+K steps today and I am done for since I stopped at the Local Supermarket for Lettuce, Cabbage and bread, I ended Up with Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 grain bread at 45 calories a slice. I plan on using it with two of the remaining 4 Hickory Smoke beef Patties from NS, I can tolerate them if I boil the heck out of them to heat them and a dollop of Ketchup, not Microwave them. I have had four of them in the freezer as well as two of the NS Chicken patty dinner servings for a couple of years. Those will get heated with a touch of BBQ sauce and shredded onto the bread. Both of those will serve as a PF + SC that way. I'm not worried about their age as they are a Shelf Stable food that I froze to extend their life.

The Gift cards I ordered from CostCo the first day of the sale arrived in Monday's mail delivery.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I was thinking yesterday how much I used to enjoy the chats on the NS site. I do not know that I would have lasted as long as I did, or would have done as well as I did if it were not for some of the nice people on the site. I really do miss that. Then I thought about this group. It has the same type of vibe (probably a lot of the same people).
    I have to participate and check in more over here.

Hi
    Long time no See, So to speak. I know I would not be where I am without the help from users on the Old NS Forums too. I miss them, they were a little slow, however the helpfulness made up for that IMO.

Check out my Food Reviews, lately I have been testing Supermarket frozen Entrees that work for NS replacement purposes. Link below
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Did You Order the ON Sale at CostCo Gift cards?

Good Luck & Hope to See more of You
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Was a learning experience week for me. Discovered if I don't keep my protein and water up above a certain level my energy and strength is gone. Only had the energy to go on 3 trike rides this week for a total of 9.43 miles. I need to do better this week in both getting higher protein and water level and more miles in.
    My sleeping patterns have totally changed as well. I use to sleep until 9 am but this year I am up by 6 or 7. I just wish I had the ability to stand longer so I could unlock my trike and get it outside so I could ride earlier. My room mate unlocks and wheels it out now and usually goes riding with me. However Sometimes he is not free to go until the late afternoon and I like going in the earlier morning hours. It's usually cooler and a more peaceful time for me.

Roger I see all these new frozen food you are eating instead of NS. I use to eat Smart One's so I know they taste and smell a lot better then same of the NS. However I didn't think the protein was as high as NS. How are they affecting the weight loss or are you on maintenance now?
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I was out early for this time of year, I could not sleep and as the weather is good I went out walking and was home by 8:20, an hour early from my walk +21 Cents and 8200 steps.

We are supposed to be above average temperatures for the next two weeks :) Good news as long as it does not carry over into a Summer Heat Wave.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Hi All
    Was a learning experience week for me. Discovered if I don't keep my protein and water up above a certain level my energy and strength is gone. Only had the energy to go on 3 trike rides this week for a total of 9.43 miles. I need to do better this week in both getting higher protein and water level and more miles in.
    My sleeping patterns have totally changed as well. I use to sleep until 9 am but this year I am up by 6 or 7. I just wish I had the ability to stand longer so I could unlock my trike and get it outside so I could ride earlier. My room mate unlocks and wheels it out now and usually goes riding with me. However Sometimes he is not free to go until the late afternoon and I like going in the earlier morning hours. It's usually cooler and a more peaceful time for me.

Roger I see all these new frozen food you are eating instead of NS. I use to eat Smart One's so I know they taste and smell a lot better then same of the NS. However I didn't think the protein was as high as NS. How are they affecting the weight loss or are you on maintenance now?

Hi Amada
    I am not at my personal goal, however I when I asked the doctor in January what my normal weight should be he said I was good where I am, I know better, the mirror says so :(

If You look at the Smart Ones and the Lean Cuisine they are usually within the range of what the NutriSystem Dinners are or the ones I use as lunch are usually within the Protein range of a NS Lunch. That is why I post a NS meal for comparison :) I would say that the Lean Cuisine meals have better quality or quantity meat compared to the Smart Ones.

Last Night I had the LC Grilled Chicken Caesar Entree for Dinner. I will be reviewing it later on. In short I liked it. The pasta was good and it was tasty.

With no Appetite I know it must be hard to keep Your Proteins up. I will mention that I use a NS Protein Shake every morning after I get back from my walking. When I stack the 20% Auto Delivery and then use the Gift Cards I buy at CostCo on sale currently for $59.99 for a $100 face value they are under a dollar a day and cheaper than anything I have found so far as well as tasting good to me. It works out to 48 to 49 percent of the NS Displayed price when I am done paying with the Gift cards.

I like getting out early ahead of the traffic noise when it is peaceful too. This winter I have had to go out much later than in the summer. In the Summer I like to be on my way by 5:30 to beat the heat, this winter I have been getting out 7:30 to 8AM so as to get some warmth from the sun.

Thank You for mentioning that You are reading the Food Reviews, I was wondering if I were wasting my time on them. So I am glad they are working for You. FWIW buying them on sale they work out when used as dinners at the same price as I end up Paying for the NS Dinners. The Lean Cuisine were $2.49 on sale and the Smart Ones are on sale until tomorrow at the local Acme for 6 for $10 or $1.67 each and I used a $2 off coupon for buying 7 of them that dropped the price even more.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

P.S. keep up the Good work, I know You will be able to stand long enough to get out on Your own at some point. When I started on NS it was all I could do to walk to the nearest corner and now I cover 10,000 steps a day average.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was warm enough that I started out in a thin long sleeve shirt and light gloves, they proved to be to much :) Record Warmth Yesterday & in the forecast for today. At least one city in NJ was 8o degrees yesterday, Newark NJ. I picked up some cash at the bank for the rest of the month and a Irish Decoration and a Easter Decoration for the window at a Dollar store while I was out and hung the Irish one.

I was off plan last night since I ate what my brother cooked and he did a early St. Patricks day meal for dinner. Corned Beef, Boiled Cabbage, Boiled Red Potatoes, and Home made Irish Soda Bread with Raisins. Then for Dessert I used a Skinny Cow Caramel Vanilla Cone at 160 calories. That one was delicious and since I substituted if for a NS Snack (Dessert) Would not have a real impact. FWIW When I say delicious it tasted like a soft serve Vanilla Cone with a drizzle of Caramel on top and has that texture too. The Problem is the Dinner.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    For the first time I have ordered Castco cards. I also finally upgraded to the frozen plan. Actual costs for me is only $30 or so more and after several years of shelf food tastes worth the money. Let's see if this helps me lose the next 100.
    I too miss our former system of communication. Mostly because I got lots of emotional support when reading about others. There was a lady who would eat a 4 cup spinach salad everyday and if she got hungry she would eat that salad. I often think of her and her theory if you are really hungry then eat 4 cups of spinach. Wise words from someone that lost over 200 pounds.
    Another dear lady who went by the name pudge muffin always had an inspirational quote to share. These unknown folks are missed and I feel blessed that they helped me get through some rough patches.
    Thank you for keeping this going. Roger you remind me of the saying " if you can't find a positive influence then be one." At 114 gone, I have about 100 more to go. It does not get easier but it is important. Have a great day y'all ! Big hugs.
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    Another Great looking day outside, The rain has moved out and the temperature is Good, Not to cold, not to hot. I walked 8K steps + 6 Cents today. I was out early since I could not get back to sleep, I finally admitted defeat and got up. I had forgotten to pull my Banana from the refrigerator last night so it was cold and not that tasty this morning as a result. Oh Well :)

FWIW I just checked the Internet for information on the Lean Cuisine recall, it appears that the only affected products are the ones with Spinach. None of which I have on hand or have tried.
    • DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
    • DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
    • Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
    • Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
    • Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna
    • Stouffer's Spinach Soufflé
    • Stouffer's Chicken Lasagna

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi Friends,
    For the first time I have ordered Castco cards. I also finally upgraded to the frozen plan. Actual costs for me is only $30 or so more and after several years of shelf food tastes worth the money. Let's see if this helps me lose the next 100.
    I too miss our former system of communication. Mostly because I got lots of emotional support when reading about others. There was a lady who would eat a 4 cup spinach salad everyday and if she got hungry she would eat that salad. I often think of her and her theory if you are really hungry then eat 4 cups of spinach. Wise words from someone that lost over 200 pounds.
    Another dear lady who went by the name pudge muffin always had an inspirational quote to share. These unknown folks are missed and I feel blessed that they helped me get through some rough patches.
    Thank you for keeping this going. Roger you remind me of the saying " if you can't find a positive influence then be one." At 114 gone, I have about 100 more to go. It does not get easier but it is important. Have a great day y'all ! Big hugs.

Hi Nene
    The CostCo discount is a great savings, When You only pay 60% of the face value and can use them to pay 100% of You NS bill, Whee.

BTW if You use less than the entire $100 face value Mark the card so You can use the balance on the next order.

There are food reviews here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    That You may find Interesting. Some of the lean Cuisine Entrees when on sale can be competitive with the NS pricing. It is hard to beat the NS pricing when as in my case You get 20% off w/free shipping, then take 40% more off using the CostCo gift cards. As I figure it that means I end up paying a little under 1/2 of the prices displayed if You order things A La Carte :)

I remember PudgeMuffin and her inspirational quotes. I was sorry to see her and many others go away with the NS forums demise.

I am sure You can get there, I have been working at it for over two years to get there, It just takes patience.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    7.6K of walking today. It was around freezing when I left and warming rapidly. Today is supposed to be in the lower 60s for a high temperature :)

I was listening to the Philip Marlowe radio show from 1949 while walking. The sun is shining and I passed a couple of yards with Easter displays set up.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today. It was around A nice day when I left and warming rapidly. Today is supposed to be in the upper 50s to 60 for a high temperature :) Tomorrows forecast is for rain. I got a later start than usual due to the change to Daylight Saving Time.

I just realized I missed posting earlier and now I have no time :)
    I will have to update and respond to Your Questions tomorrow.

Have a Good Sunday Evening
    Roger