100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    Have you tried looking into a breed rescue of you can tell what they are by chance!

Thanks Daisy. No, because they really are mutts. Today I reached two no kill shelters, but the won't accept because the animals are in poor physical condition due to starvation and hair loss from fleas (I killed the fleas!). Im so discouraged.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Hi All
    I walked 2.74 miles today, Really nice out again, the same as yesterday. I had one Deer go clattering out of a side road and across the road in front of me and through a yard on its way to the brook. Then a little further on I saw another female with tow of this years crop eating from the lawn in a yard, one of the little ones was around 80% white. I had to look a second time to see what it was.

Then yesterday I saw the blue Heron flying down the brook towards the lake, I usually see it below the lake. Then on my block there was a Woodpecker hanging upside down on a limb pecking away. Not to mention the usual assortment of rodents AKA Squirrels & Rabbits.

I had a Egg Salad Wrap for my mid-morning snack. 1 Egg at 80 calories, 1Tbsp Hellmans Light no fat Mayo @ 30 calories, Mount Olive Sugar Free Sweet Relish @ 0 Calories and 1/2 a large Flatout Original Light Whole Wheat Flatbread at 45 calories per 1/2 piece.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Yes, I'm logging my weight on Numi.com. The counselor even verified that what I thought I logged was what she could see and they matched. The bear should be shipped soon.

Porch sounds like a lot of work!

A friend died today. He had been fighting cancer and had a notable downturn a couple weeks ago. Feeling sad, yet peaceful. He was really open about it and did all he could and then knew the time was coming. :'(

I'm sad and frustrated that I'm not getting any calls back from the no-kill shelters. Picked up two strays yesterday...they are so lovely and gentle and well mannered...they are so grateful for love, food, water, and a safe place to sleep. But, I already have my legal maximum so I can't keep them. If I knew I could get them somewhere safe, I'd have them fully vetted. But I can't do that only to have them euthanized because there is no space in the shelters. I hate how many people view dogs as dispensable. :'(

Hi Val
    I am not looking forward to the expense, But it needs doing or it needs to have the steps removed for safety. The meter reader had gone up the to knock on the door and with the steps crumbling we do not need that.

It is amazing to me how that can happen. Have You looked or checked to see if they were reported lost (strayed). maybe they are not abandoned, just lost.

It is always sad to see a friend go that way.

Good Luck with the Dogs
    Roger
    Have you tried looking into a breed rescue of you can tell what they are by chance!

Hi Daisylee
    Interesting idea.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.8 miles today & 10 Cents, Nice weather too. I opened the front windows and a back window for fresh air when I got home. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at McDonalds @ $1.07. I saw a couple of Deer, Tree Rats, Noisy Geese flew over, They fly over every morning when I get out walking.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey all.., haven't been on here as often. Long story... People at work are just mean and are looking for me to fail... Or at least that's how I feel they come across as. There was a good pitch in, passed on writing my name on the list. I was asked why, and I said I need to stay straight and narrow and the days I splurge or cheat it needs to be saved for family or friends celebrating something. So.. Fast forward to pitch in day... They make me a plate and set it down on my desk. I said no thank you, I'm staying on plan today. Their response was just eat it, it won't kill you. I said no really I don't want it, please take it as yours. She got huffy and walked off so fine.. I threw it in the trash. She got super pissed and started lecturing me about my weight loss. So now I feel like I need to do my weight loss journey on my own and not talk about the success I've had already.

Talked to a friend about what happened and she mentioned Instagram. Been on their quite a bit.. Lots of inspiration!
  • scrappin99
    scrappin99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Made a trip to the ER today. Dave cut his left pinky with a chisel - a really sharp chisel - so now he has 3 stitches. I woke to the 3rd low this week - and fell back asleep while watching TV - so he had to wake me to take him to get fixed up. Thankfully we don't live far from the hospital. And they weren't busy today - so he hurt himself at 11 and we were home by 1:30. Always something.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hey all.., haven't been on here as often. Long story... People at work are just mean and are looking for me to fail... Or at least that's how I feel they come across as. There was a good pitch in, passed on writing my name on the list. I was asked why, and I said I need to stay straight and narrow and the days I splurge or cheat it needs to be saved for family or friends celebrating something. So.. Fast forward to pitch in day... They make me a plate and set it down on my desk. I said no thank you, I'm staying on plan today. Their response was just eat it, it won't kill you. I said no really I don't want it, please take it as yours. She got huffy and walked off so fine.. I threw it in the trash. She got super pissed and started lecturing me about my weight loss. So now I feel like I need to do my weight loss journey on my own and not talk about the success I've had already.

Talked to a friend about what happened and she mentioned Instagram. Been on their quite a bit.. Lots of inspiration!

Hi Daisy, sorry you're having to deal with all that negativity and attempted sabotage. I've been dealing with similar crap at work. I don't get it...our bodies are our own business. Why do they have to butt in or judge or anything? We recently had a pizza party at the office... The negative folks were like hawks watching and commenting on what I ate or didn't eat. I took one piece of pizza, took a bite right in front of the most outwardly negative person, and then circulated to the various groups. She kept following me asking if I wanted more. I kept responding, "no thanks, you can go ahead and have it. I still have some." When I got back to my desk, the rest went in the trash. I call it my decoy pizza. Fat bullying has turned into weight-loss bullying. It is clear...the issue is theirs...not ours! Just keep focusing on you.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    scrappin99 wrote: »
    Made a trip to the ER today. Dave cut his left pinky with a chisel - a really sharp chisel - so now he has 3 stitches. I woke to the 3rd low this week - and fell back asleep while watching TV - so he had to wake me to take him to get fixed up. Thankfully we don't live far from the hospital. And they weren't busy today - so he hurt himself at 11 and we were home by 1:30. Always something.

Glad he's ok and they you have ready access to ER!
  • scrappin99
    Options
    DH's wound dressing fell off overnight - he's already graduated to a band aid. So much for leaving it on for a few days. Son will be over to watch the Browns in a little bit - I'm off to shuck corn and do the dishes so I can carve up the pork loins we bought yesterday when I'm ready. Another gorgeous, early fall day. Listening to the wind chimes on our front porch.

Any of you notice a difference in NS dry ice. Guess there's a shortage. We moved another thread to pro boards - NS powers that be are also on that site - maybe they'll realize what a mistake they made dropping the boards.

Happy Sunday all!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went & walked this morning starting at 5:25Am and overachieved doing it, 3.25 miles and 1 cent. The Weather was warmer and more humid than yesterday, Lucky me that there was a breeze to keep it comfortable.

Not to much on my agenda for the day.

I drove past where the Black Walnuts are and there are more on the ground so I think I'll pick up some more. They are a bit of a nuisance to dry, peel and then clean and crack but tasty.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Hi DaisyLee
    Some thoughts on what is going on at work, Some or all may apply.
    1. They failed at weight loss
    2. They are just negativity incarnated
    3. They failed at something and want vindication they are not alone, See number 1.
    4. Possibility they failed at Quitting smoking so why should You succeed.
    5. No matter how well they are doing they want other to fail.
    6. Bored

Fat Shaming is counter productive. This is just more of the same thing.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Made a trip to the ER today. Dave cut his left pinky with a chisel - a really sharp chisel - so now he has 3 stitches. I woke to the 3rd low this week - and fell back asleep while watching TV - so he had to wake me to take him to get fixed up. Thankfully we don't live far from the hospital. And they weren't busy today - so he hurt himself at 11 and we were home by 1:35.
    Always something.

Hi Shirl
    Wow, No luck at all. At least You were close to the hospital.

Better Luck in the upcoming week
    Roger

Hi Daisy, sorry you're having to deal with all that negativity and attempted sabotage. I've been dealing with similar crap at work. I don't get it...our bodies are our own business. Why do they have to butt in or judge or anything? We recently had a pizza party at the office... The negative folks were like hawks watching and commenting on what I ate or didn't eat. I took one piece of pizza, took a bite right in front of the most outwardly negative person, and then circulated to the various groups. She kept following me asking if I wanted more. I kept responding, "no thanks, you can go ahead and have it. I still have some." When I got back to my desk, the rest went in the trash. I call it my decoy pizza. Fat bullying has turned into weight-loss bullying. It is clear...the issue is theirs...not ours! Just keep focusing on you.

Hi Val
    I would have suggested taking a Bear in and displaying it prominently however I have a suspicion that it would disappear fairly quickly so I did not do so. OTOH a Photo in a nice frame of the bear might work too.

Busy Body Buttinskis do what they do for no apparent reason. They all know what is better for You than You do. Look at what they have done to school lunches.

Good for throwing away the rest of the Decoy Pizza. I might have been tempted to eat the topping and throw the crust away. The Cheese could be a PF and the Sauce a Vegetable?

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi DaisyLee
    3. They failed at something and want vindication they are not alone, See number 1.
    6. Bored

Cheers
    Roger

Roger

You are so right now that I look at it. They are for the most part skinny... Not healthy my any means.. But thin. However, each and every single one of the ones being negative and wanting me to fail smokes and has tried to quit multiple times in the past year only to fail within a week or less. They've even gone as far as trying the patches or chantix and still didn't make it past a week. One girl made it 3 days.

On another note, I am officially down 25 pounds and my second month anniversary on nutrisystem is the 21st. I just need to lose 25 pounds 5 more times :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Tomorrow is 'big item pickup' so I've been busy cleaning out the garage. I accomplished my goal of having my car inside, and stuff still accessible and room to get to everything. Good exercise too. The teachers at Em's school do home-visits once a year, so I cleaned the house...the floors thank me. Very nice visit with the teachers.

This morning took 3 walks: first Spike/Oscar, then Oscar/Duke/Lucy, then Duke/Lucy for a long one.

Seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss my Osteoporosis. I've been reading, so I have a lot of question!

Hope everyone has a super week. ~Val
  • scrappin99
    Options
    Happy week to all. Watching the Emmys.
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I walked this morning and on the way back home I picked up some more of these Black Walnuts, + 4 Cents, Delicious too. They are sitting on the front porch drying right now. Then I mowed the grass, Might be the last time this year :)
    These are examples of what I picked up and how they look after having the outer skin removed and then cracked. That stump they are sitting on in the first picture is a perfect place to crack the nuts. A Nutcracker is not really going to work either.
    walnuts_zpsvfvpp32q.jpg
    to this
    url_zpsk0hvfvmd.jpg
    to this
    resizedimage300240-Black-Walnut-in-Shell_zpsnxrvq7pq.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi DaisyLee
    6. Bored

Cheers
    Roger

You are so right now that I look at it. They are for the most part skinny... Not healthy my any means.. But thin. However, each and every single one of the ones being negative and wanting me to fail smokes and has tried to quit multiple times in the past year only to fail within a week or less. They've even gone as far as trying the patches or chantix and still didn't make it past a week. One girl made it 3 days.

On another note, I am officially down 25 pounds and my second month anniversary on nutrisystem is the 21st. I just need to lose 25 pounds 5 more times :)

Hi Daisylee
    I think that You know why now. Glad it helped. My Brother Quit smoking several times. Then the last time he stopped and is still smoke free. My Father did it Cold Turkey too. Maybe stick to it ness runs in the family.

Congratulations on Your loss, Way to go!
    That amount is doable, it just requires some commitment. There will be bad weeks ahead. It is really hard for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day or the Easter Holidays.

FWIW in our house we get through Halloween with no left over candies since we only hand out money. The last two years it was 50 cent coins AKA Kennedy Half Dollars.
    g7ihvwifltqq.jpg

Most of the kids are happy to get them and are thrilled. I imagine the parents are happier with a safe no calorie Trick or Treat item too. I just put the left overs on the shelf for the next year. I expect that sooner or later we may go to the Gold colored $1 coins as inflation happens.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Tomorrow is 'big item pickup' so I've been busy cleaning out the garage. I accomplished my goal of having my car inside, and stuff still accessible and room to get to everything. Good exercise too. The teachers at Em's school do home-visits once a year, so I cleaned the house...the floors thank me. Very nice visit with the teachers.

This morning took 3 walks: first Spike/Oscar, then Oscar/Duke/Lucy, then Duke/Lucy for a long one.

Seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss my Osteoporosis. I've been reading, so I have a lot of question!

Hope everyone has a super week. ~Val

Hi Val
    They do big item pick ups one day a week during the summer months or we can take them to the recycle center and put them in the special dumpster.

I hope You had a good walk
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Our big item pick up is twice a year. So, if I wanted to get the car in the garage, this past weekend was it! And I did.

I love walking with my doggies. And, they love it too! Now my almost 13 yo says she wants to walk with us. She also says she wants to go to the gym with me. I think that was because she's had to ask me to open jars a couple times lately, and I make it look easy. Plus, she saw me working with my 10lbs kettle bell and asked me to hand it to her. Being a little concerned that she didn't know what she was asking, I handed her a 5lbs hand weight instead...she almost dropped it! Then she looked at me in shock saying "How can you just hold this straight out and not look like you're working?" I answered: PRACTICE!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking and found no money but I did save 64 cents by reusing the coffee cup from the Quick Chek, and 2.9 miles.

Cheers
    Roger
    Our big item pick up is twice a year. So, if I wanted to get the car in the garage, this past weekend was it! And I did.

I love walking with my doggies. And, they love it too! Now my almost 13 yo says she wants to walk with us. She also says she wants to go to the gym with me. I think that was because she's had to ask me to open jars a couple times lately, and I make it look easy. Plus, she saw me working with my 10lbs kettle bell and asked me to hand it to her. Being a little concerned that she didn't know what she was asking, I handed her a 5lbs hand weight instead...she almost dropped it! Then she looked at me in shock saying "How can you just hold this straight out and not look like you're working?" I answered: PRACTICE!

Hi Val
    Good for Your daughter. If she can get the habit of exercising at a early age it will help for life.

10 pounds at arms length straight out, impressive!

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Got shaky.. Cold sweats at work tonight... They checked my blood sugar and it was super low. Never had this issue before. My eating was off because it was a busy night so that may have had something to do with it. I've been shoving veggies down my throat and basically most snack stuff I have is low calories.. I have now graduated on nutrisystem due to my weight loss to the 1200-1499 calorie program. Even with the veggies and stuff I struggled to hit 1000 calories. I'm full.. I'm eating.. A lot. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found yourself having to eat less bulk amount but a higher caloric food? Friend said to try eating more protein cause it helps stabilize my blood sugar.. Even though I'm eating what nutrisystem says to. Might switch it up and see if that works... Needless to say.. I went off menu due to it. Ate a fatty McDonald steak and egg bagel breakfast item and a sweet tea and felt a little better. Not sure if the steak had anything to do with it for the protein aspect or just the sugar from the sweet tea or a combo of both
  • scrappin99
    Options
    Lows suck big time - really make you feel off kilter - you're actually crashing and could die if it goes too low. That being said - also means something in your diet is working. Easy to fill up on veggies and not get enuf balance to keep you steady. Carbs bring up blood sugar, sometimes too fast and sometimes lead to crashes - proteins and fat steady that rise. I'd say your steak and egg bagel had the right balance of carbs (bagel), protein (steak & egg) and fat (steak & butter) - the sweet tea had enuf carbs to bring you up to where you needed to be. As a diabetic, if I have a low - I need to have sugar to bring it up, but then I need to have protein and fat to cap it off too. Doc said the reason I bottom out at 80 is too fast of a drop from 280 to 80. Hard on the body.

So my suggestion is try for a bit more balance. You can thrive on veggies alone - lots of vegans do and glow - but your body is a fine tuned instrument that can go out of whack.

Good luck figuring it all out. Basic rules haven't changed - we just take our bodies for granted that they'll take whatever we throw at them.
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi
    On my walk today at 5:20, I stopped by the Post Office to mail off payments for two bills and I found a whopping 8 Cents:)

Weather was around 52 Degrees, Made me glad I took along a pair of Brown Jersey gloves. 9 Degree drop in temperature from Yesterday Morning according to the Local News12 Channel. I suspect it is almost time to turn the heat back on too.

Have Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Got shaky.. Cold sweats at work tonight... They checked my blood sugar and it was super low. Never had this issue before. My eating was off because it was a busy night so that may have had something to do with it. I've been shoving veggies down my throat and basically most snack stuff I have is low calories.. I have now graduated on nutrisystem due to my weight loss to the 1200-1499 calorie program. Even with the veggies and stuff I struggled to hit 1000 calories. I'm full.. I'm eating.. A lot. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found yourself having to eat less bulk amount but a higher caloric food? Friend said to try eating more protein cause it helps stabilize my blood sugar.. Even though I'm eating what nutrisystem says to. Might switch it up and see if that works... Needless to say.. I went off menu due to it. Ate a fatty McDonald steak and egg bagel breakfast item and a sweet tea and felt a little better. Not sure if the steak had anything to do with it for the protein aspect or just the sugar from the sweet tea or a combo of both

Hi Daisylee
    A 1200 calorie plan runs from a low of 1060 to slightly over 1500 calories if You use the proper range of 80 to 120 calories for a PF or SC. Try staying in the middle of that if possible. NS has a couple of Desserts that could be handy to keep on hand in case of a crash, The Chocolate Brownie Sundae and the Cheesecake Flavored bar sre bot only available off of the Diabetic Plan or A La Carte. They should do the job and taste good too.

Stay away from breads as the SC and use Fruits if possible. That is what I use on my Diabetic plan.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Lows suck big time - really make you feel off kilter - you're actually crashing and could die if it goes too low. That being said - also means something in your diet is working. Easy to fill up on veggies and not get enuf balance to keep you steady. Carbs bring up blood sugar, sometimes too fast and sometimes lead to crashes - proteins and fat steady that rise. I'd say your steak and egg bagel had the right balance of carbs (bagel), protein (steak & egg) and fat (steak & butter) - the sweet tea had enuf carbs to bring you up to where you needed to be. As a diabetic, if I have a low - I need to have sugar to bring it up, but then I need to have protein and fat to cap it off too. Doc said the reason I bottom out at 80 is too fast of a drop from 280 to 80. Hard on the body.

So my suggestion is try for a bit more balance. You can thrive on veggies alone - lots of vegans do and glow - but your body is a fine tuned instrument that can go out of whack.

Good luck figuring it all out. Basic rules haven't changed - we just take our bodies for granted that they'll take whatever we throw at them.

Hi Shirl
    Good Advice
    FWIW a Egg McMuffin is 300 calories and a McDs Egg White Delight is 250 calories.
    I agree raising the sugar to high to fast can lead to a crash and if not careful to seesawing high & low.

The Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel sandwich is 660 calories, Much better not to need it :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Daisy - do take care to stay balanced.

I'm not a diabetic, but strong family history. Last week I felt super dizzy (just standing talking to a friend). I dint have a way to check blood sugar at home, but I sat down and had a bigger than usual meal and felt better.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was 46 degrees in a nearby town when I left for my mornings walk. Then as the topper today should 80 or higher, what a swing in temperatures. This sort of morning makes me happy that the new 7 pocket hiker pants from Cabelas were delivered.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Daisy - do take care to stay balanced.

I'm not a diabetic, but strong family history. Last week I felt super dizzy (just standing talking to a friend). I dint have a way to check blood sugar at home, but I sat down and had a bigger than usual meal and felt better.

Hi Val
    That type of family history is why my Doctor was watching my A1C and Blood Glucose when I had blood work done. That let m catch it at a Pre-Diabetic stage and the readings are now in the normal range with the Nutrisystem Foods and Weight loss. It might pay to have the A1C done.

In the simplest terms, hemoglobin A1C (known asHbA1c or A1C) is measured in people with diabetes to provide an index of average blood glucose for the previous three to four months

It is also somewhat time sensitive as it uses the red blood cells. Since the lifespan of a red blood cell in circulation is approximately 120 days, A1C is an index of average blood glucose over approximately120 days.

Good Luck
    Roger