100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Bev - I love your comment about nobody ever tying you up an force feeding you high calorie foods! Me neither...guess that means I did this all myself.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger - awesome walk with those 3.66 miles! Glad your doing well w the nor'easter.
    San Antonio has boring weather 95% of the time. Today is hot, so is tomorrow and the next day and... But I have gotten to enjoy not having to work around the snow or thunder storms of the Midwest.
    I admire how you plan ahead for your meals. Like when to get bananas. I tend to wing it at the grocery store just eating what looks good (granted that's in the produce section and no longer in the bakery)! ~val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Terri, I shared my ideas w you by priv message. I'm nearing the 70 lbs mark and this is lighter than I've ever been since 18 years old. So, I am really enjoying my new self and energy level....and have been a bit complacent. I "need" to lose 40 more...and have been going thru a similar mental struggle. You're not alone! Keep trying to get back in that weight-loss wagon! I think I need to run along side that wagon for a bit! ~Val
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked to the Quick Chek for coffee and then on to the Pathmark Supermarket for Bananas. I ended up with Bananas, 10 Greek Yogurt and some 60 calorie packs of fruit.

It was in the 40s, Cold and and no rain to a light rain. I put on the long 7 pocket hiker pants, a sweatshirt and to jacket from my lightweight Frogg Toggs to keep off the rain and as a windbreaker. The jacket works well for both BTW. To keep the Hood from hanging down and blocking my forward vision I also wore a SunShade so that the Visor would hold the front of the hood up and out of the way. Lightly insulated Leather Gloves and the Backpack for the food and I was good to go :) I saw only one couple walking in the rain.

I got the phone call at 9:03 this morning from NutriSystem. Usually that means my frozen shipped the night before. In my case being in the next state I usually see it the same day that they the call.

Have a Really Great Weekend
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    @RogerToo I needed that. Thanks.

Well I wasn't on plan again yesterday. I didn't go over calories, but I still wasn't on plan. I'm having an awful time. Now I'm just not hungry and every time I think about making myself eat, I get a queasy feeling in my stomach. Maybe it's from eating all the junk I ate the other day? Maybe I'm getting sick? I don't know. I've brought everything that I'm supposed to eat for the day with me to work, but every time I look at it or think about it I get disgusted. UGH!!!!!!!!!! Dang! If it ain't one thing it's another. I gotta get back into this!!!!

I'm supposed to get my BBB today and my BWB tomorrow. Maybe that will help.

Have a great day y'all!

Hi Terri
    I should be getting my BWB today and the BBB came earlier. Yesterday I created the menus for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then Pulled the frozen foods and a 5 Pound bag of Frozen vegetables from the basement freezer to go in the Freezer section in the Kitchen, Then I pulled the Shelf Stable and Put them in a basket so everything is ready. I find that it helps to have a plan and that makes it easier to stay with it.

I have found that when I eat anything that I used to eat AKA Junk Food it doesn't sit well now.

Good Luck
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Hi NS buddies and Happy Friday. Thanks for cheering me on over the past few days. I finally got my head in the game again a week or so ago and my official WI this morning indicates 6 lbs gotten rid of this past week for a total NS loss of 76.8 lbs. It is as if I just started the program for the first time and this was my first week! I am beyond thrilled because I truly believe I can do this (again.)
    Terri - I feel your frustration. As many on the board here know, I was down 70 lbs by the end of March when my ortho surgeon told me I had to lose 25 more to get a hip replacement operation. My question and head game all summer up until about 2 weeks ago was, "so when is 70 lbs no longer a good thing :) ?" I mentally fought the additional 25 pounds for months and months - losing a pound here, gaining a pound there - I thought I knew better. Then recently, I finally woke up and asked myself - "who are you really hurting here, arguing this?" That's when I had to just pick myself up, dust myself off and say - ok - this is important. You may not like it, it may not make sense, but YOU have to do this. I think you know by now, most of this is a mental game. Since no one has ever tied me down and force fed me high calorie foods, I know that I gain and lose weight more by my attitude than anything else.
    My 2 cents and my philosophy for any behavioral change has always been - "change one thing". Sometimes all of the change we need to make is too overwhelming and we tend to give up. But, if you just focus on that one thing - whether it is sticking to the plan, drinking the water, taking a walk - or whatever, the success you have from that one little change, breeds other changes and other successes.
    I wish you luck in your struggle with the evil plateau. Hate the plateau - not your program, your behaviors or yourself :) .

Hi
    Words of wisdom, I have seen that very behavior in myself when dealing with lots of things to do at one time, They all would get skipped.

I started With NutriSystem at the end of January 2014, Added walking this year. One thing at a time :)

Cheers
    Roger
    @5mates OMG 6 lbs in one week is awesome!!!! Thank you for your pep talk. I definitely needed it. So far doing good today, with plans to keep it up! I want to get out of the 240's for good!

Hi Terri
    I have been battling a mini plateau this week myself. Working from Monday Mornings weigh in I would be down a 1/4 pound then back to Mondays weight. This morning success down 1 1/4 pounds from Mondays weight. When the body is ready it will lose IMO. The Key as I see it is to stay the course, On Plan and it will work. Not my first Plateau BTW. I do scale every day, OTOH I do not let day to day losses or gains affect me.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Bev - I love your comment about nobody ever tying you up an force feeding you high calorie foods! Me neither...guess that means I did this all myself.
    Roger - awesome walk with those 3.66 miles! Glad your doing well w the nor'easter.
    San Antonio has boring weather 95% of the time. Today is hot, so is tomorrow and the next day and... But I have gotten to enjoy not having to work around the snow or thunder storms of the Midwest.
    I admire how you plan ahead for your meals. Like when to get bananas. I tend to wing it at the grocery store just eating what looks good (granted that's in the produce section and no longer in the bakery)! ~val
    Hi Terri, I shared my ideas w you by priv message. I'm nearing the 70 lbs mark and this is lighter than I've ever been since 18 years old. So, I am really enjoying my new self and energy level....and have been a bit complacent. I "need" to lose 40 more...and have been going thru a similar mental struggle. You're not alone! Keep trying to get back in that weight-loss wagon! I think I need to run along side that wagon for a bit! ~Val

Hi Val
    Boring weather would be nice too. FWIW I try and work from a list when (if) I go to the store or Costco to avoid impulse buys that are generally bad for me BTW :)

I also used to shop the Bakery section, I loved their Huge Muffins, Carrot Cake, Jumbo Glazed Donuts and Fancy Pies for example. Now I have to shun that area and walk Pat quickly.

I agree I did it to myself so no one to blame but myself.

I also agree the new energy and general get up and go is great.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lesa - that's HUGE NEWS. Great for getting off insulin and halving the BP meds.

Val - great losing!

Roger - great walking!

Newbie - sorry your name is on the last page - I haven't figured out how to go to last post read - I just go to last page and scroll on down.

Day 4 in the fridgeless zone. Procrastinating on freshening it up! Raided mom and dad's basement fridge, brought home our moz cheese (we have ripe tomatoes so will have a caprese salad tomorrow) and a prebaked ham. May make scalloped potatoes and ham tomorrow. Did fast food today - just finished a huge zero cal drink from arbys - it's green peach tea - available at some locations - thankfully ours! Really miss icy drinks. As we buy bagged ice for the coolers, we set some aside for drink use. Will be glad when we're back to normal. although around here there is so much periodic drama, not always sure what normal is.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I Picked up some more black walnuts and 5 nice Juicy Apples on my walk today, They are drops and have a nice size and color and look pretty good too. As soon as they dry off from being washed into the refrigerator they go.

I picked up 17 cents on my walk today, Then I got a refill of the Extra Large 7 eleven coffee. That is $1.34 vs $2.13 for no refill. Deduct the 17Cents and my Coffee was $1.17 net cost. Add that to free Black Walnuts and Apples and a good mornings walk. FWIW I consider the Black Walnuts to be the Cadillac of Nuts, Up there with Macadamia nuts but free for the picking up.

Link on how to process them.
    From there: Store in-shell walnuts in freezer, packed in food saver bags or other air tight containers. In-shell nuts keep well for a year.
    And from here:
    The flavor of black walnut lends a gourmet touch to cookies, breads, cakes and other baked goods. The nutmeats are often expensive and difficult to locate; discovering an available crop of black walnuts is a real find.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Lesa - that's HUGE NEWS. Great for getting off insulin and halving the BP meds.

Val - great losing!

Roger - great walking!

Newbie - sorry your name is on the last page - I haven't figured out how to go to last post read - I just go to last page and scroll on down.

Day 4 in the fridgeless zone. Procrastinating on freshening it up! Raided mom and dad's basement fridge, brought home our moz cheese (we have ripe tomatoes so will have a caprese salad tomorrow) and a prebaked ham. May make scalloped potatoes and ham tomorrow. Did fast food today - just finished a huge zero cal drink from arbys - it's green peach tea - available at some locations - thankfully ours! Really miss icy drinks. As we buy bagged ice for the coolers, we set some aside for drink use. Will be glad when we're back to normal. although around here there is so much periodic drama, not always sure what normal is.

Hi Shirl
    I think I would be raising heck with them about it.

Just curious how old is it? Amana Paid for the part on our refrigerator despite it being off warranty.
    I have heard that Samsung can be both easy and tough that way when their HDTVs had problems.

I was glad to be able to skip need medications for blood sugar, being able to get off them is a big deal for Lesa!

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the weekend off. Not going too off plan, but I got my results from my thyroid test and it is awesome. Back in May it was 8.4. I've been on 125mcg synthroid since then and my new tsh level is 1.3. YAY Finally below 2. I know my doc will want to lower my dosage but I'm HAPPY. Back on plan Monday morning and I'm going to beat this. Thank you all for the wise words of advice. It's so good to know you guys are here for me when I need you most (and least lol). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Have a great Sunday!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I'm taking the weekend off. Not going too off plan, but I got my results from my thyroid test and it is awesome. Back in May it was 8.4. I've been on 125mcg synthroid since then and my new tsh level is 1.3. YAY Finally below 2. I know my doc will want to lower my dosage but I'm HAPPY. Back on plan Monday morning and I'm going to beat this. Thank you all for the wise words of advice. It's so good to know you guys are here for me when I need you most (and least lol). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Have a great Sunday!

Hi Terri
    Congratulations on the Improved readings.

It is amazing what a difference a good diet can make :) I know I am happy with my Blood tests these days, Many things were on the edge of needing meds and now No need, Blood pressure is better etc.

I am much happier not taking pills where possible.

BTW I listed a new NutriSystem Dessert here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10263761/new-dark-chocolate-and-sea-salt-nut-bar-nutrisystem-dessert

Have a Great Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked past McDonalds for my morning coffee, Walk + 17 cents means that the Large coffee @ 1.07 with tax was a net cost of $.90. Later today I will be out again and may pick up a large Decaf.

Have a Great Monday
    Roge
  • hope4change_val
    Options

Have a great Sunday!

Congrats on the improved test results!!!

Each year my company has a wellness "incentive." All my past 9 years I've failed in many of the blood test categories and especially in the BMI category...so then they require me to tolerate a "wellness counselor" who called once a week asking me why I hadn't lost any weight. She couldn't care less whatever I answered. The other years I chose to 'participate' in an online program instead of the phone program. It was pretty lame...just providing articles about eating less and recipes. Proof that change only happens when the individual is ready and wants it. This year, all my blood work passed all screening values! and my BMI is significantly lower...but still in the obese category. So, I'll still have to 'participate' in that um program. Lovely. But next year, I can't wait to not be required to do that!
  • Terri70
    Options
    @RogerToo Thanks. It's so hard! BUT I'm gonna do it! Have a good walk today!

@hope4change_val That's kinda sucky! I'm glad we don't have anything like that here. We do have a screening for us but no one says anything about it. Thankfully. My numbers are most always really good except my bmi like you. One day we will get out of this.

Day 2 of Fast5 and I'm feeling good. I did forget to drink my second shake last night. Oops! Oh well. I wasn't hungry until late last night when I got the munchies. I ate a sliced up orange bell pepper for the crunchiness and sweetness. It was good. On to another great day!

Have a good one, y'all!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was nippy out this morning, Luckily most of the breeze is gone. 43 degrees in a nearby town.
    During the walk I found a Quarter on the way to get my morning coffee.

During Yesterdays walk near the end there were two deer running along the outside of the fence around one of our parks. It is a fair sized field with a play ground in one corner, catty corner is a memorial and the other two corners have Baseball diamonds with bleachers and a Football field with bleachers in between the baseball fields.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger

Have a great Sunday!

Congrats on the improved test results!!!

Each year my company has a wellness "incentive." All my past 9 years I've failed in many of the blood test categories and especially in the BMI category...so then they require me to tolerate a "wellness counselor" who called once a week asking me why I hadn't lost any weight. She couldn't care less whatever I answered. The other years I chose to 'participate' in an online program instead of the phone program. It was pretty lame...just providing articles about eating less and recipes. Proof that change only happens when the individual is ready and wants it. This year, all my blood work passed all screening values! and my BMI is significantly lower...but still in the obese category. So, I'll still have to 'participate' in that um program. Lovely. But next year, I can't wait to not be required to do that!

Hi Val
    Congratulation on passing the blood screening portion. I have heard of those types of wellness programs. I would consider them invasive and nosy FWIW. A good program would offer paid Gym memberships to any employee.

It seems You have a good goal for weight loss too.

Cheers
    Roger
    @RogerToo Thanks. It's so hard! BUT I'm gonna do it! Have a good walk today!

@hope4change_val That's kinda sucky! I'm glad we don't have anything like that here. We do have a screening for us but no one says anything about it. Thankfully. My numbers are most always really good except my bmi like you. One day we will get out of this.

Day 2 of Fast5 and I'm feeling good. I did forget to drink my second shake last night. Oops! Oh well. I wasn't hungry until late last night when I got the munchies. I ate a sliced up orange bell pepper for the crunchiness and sweetness. It was good. On to another great day!

Have a good one, y'all!

Hi Terri
    Have You gone back and used Fast 5 in the middle?
    Good Luck with it, some have reported it giving them the shakes or making them jittery. When I signed up they replaced it with an extra week of shelf stable foods as I was pre-diabetic and they do not do that send the fast 5 if You sign up with the diabetic program.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Options
    @RogerToo Sort of. I've been a member of NS for going on 10 years, so I was never offered the F5, and have never done it before. I was having such a hard time getting things straight, and going off plan constantly that it was suggested to do it. It's really working out good. I've never been a quantity eater so eating this little bit of food is not a problem for me. I just ate all the wrong things before and when I would stray from the plan recently. I haven't gotten the jitters or anything yet.
  • Terri70
    Options
    I forgot to tell y'all.... I might've had fun this weekend but I was up 4 lbs Monday morning on my WI. UGH!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    @RogerToo Sort of. I've been a member of NS for going on 10 years, so I was never offered the F5, and have never done it before. I was having such a hard time getting things straight, and going off plan constantly that it was suggested to do it. It's really working out good. I've never been a quantity eater so eating this little bit of food is not a problem for me. I just ate all the wrong things before and when I would stray from the plan recently. I haven't gotten the jitters or anything yet.
    I forgot to tell y'all.... I might've had fun this weekend but I was up 4 lbs Monday morning on my WI. UGH!!!

Hi Terri
    I have noticed that if I stray for one little meal I see the effects on the scale for several days. The part that seems somewhat strange is I might be down the next day and then up for several days after that initial loss. That tells me that My weight loss / gain has some sort of inertia going on.

I suspect that if You stay on plan that weight will be gone in a few days. I suspect that even when I do not add salt the cooks are using it and causing a water weight.

You and others are light eaters and still have problems. I would most likely have had to drop my daily intake if I had not started walking. I was at the same calorie level for over a year up to that point and the weight loss was slowing down so it was either eat less or exercise more than I was doing.

Good Luck
    Roger

• hope4change_val
    Options
    My company's 'wellness' thing is not mandatory, but if we do the test, we get $100, and if we pass everything OR participate in their um program we get another $100. I'm frugal...can't pass up free money. (So frugal I'm thinking of driving cross country to Roger's neighborhood so I can compete for those 14 cents/day...just kidding!!!)
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I should have worn a Long Sleeve Shirt instead of a Sweatshirt for todays walk. 3 Cents too.
    Warmer than yesterday and todays daytimne should be mid 70s too.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    My company's 'wellness' thing is not mandatory, but if we do the test, we get $100, and if we pass everything OR participate in their um program we get another $100. I'm frugal...can't pass up free money. (So frugal I'm thinking of driving cross country to Roger's neighborhood so I can compete for those 14 cents/day...just kidding!!!)

Hi Val
    I know exactly what You are saying, I can not bring myself to walk past even a single penny :)
    I find it odd that I find money on the sidewalks, Does no one else pick up any money?

So next year You can get $200 total if I read Your Post correctly.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am having trouble getting back on track after my month of that indiscriminate eating. I did exercise while I was gone, but having trouble doing that at home! I have decided to focus on my inflammation to get me back on track.

I really identify with the comment about feeling so bad when not eating properly, after doing well. It is like my body rebels in pain if not eating better now. An interesting paradox that my body at times fight to get back to my heavier weight!! Yeah... mental game!

So glad I am not in Columbia, S.C. now with my step-mom. (other than for comfort). She has tap water again, boiling it, but still can not get anywhere. Has TP, an essential! And food for about 3 1/2 days. I am sending a care package by mail, which resumed thanks to national guard and duces from Fort Jackson. Some of the first flood pictures were down from her area on the main drag. Her street is fine, just still flooded to get anywhere!

Shirl, glad you are mending!!

Val, mental image of you trekking to Roger's for monetary finds gave me a chuckle. If we all trekked there we would hardly have to watch our eating! LOL!

Take care all! We can do it!! <3 Jan
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well things got worse today.

Fridge repair called - no part - not til Monday - that means 12 days since it broke. LG - 6 yrs old - being told fridges only expected to last 7 to 10 years - baloney. Will call LG tomorrow to see if they can give us any compensation.

Went to pick up my 2 doz pre ordered donuts - the clerk said she forgot. That's the zone we're in now.

Monday - my neighbor and her sis needed to use the potty - they were locked out of their home. Sis flushed, toilet decided it was Niagara falls, so jumping into unexpected remodel tomorrow. The wet guy was here most of the afternoon, The drying out part is almost 4k. Have to gut the bathroom including vanity and sink, replace 3 rooms of flooring - our bedroom and my scrap/craft room. The have to tear out all affected walls up 2 feet or so and steam clean the hall carpet as we've been treading back and forth.

So they'll be here at 9 tomorrow to start to pack things up, take apart our sleep no bed, hopefully will be less of a pain than a box spring and mattress, hoping it's only down until we're dried out as this is projected to go to mid December. The really good news - Wet says it's category 3 water which means bacteria in it - smelling funky already - Insurance company is going with toilet malfunction which means repair won't be capped at 5k. Don't know how much pack out will cost, pod is 400 to start with, plus you have to buy your own lock. They're putting a lockbox on the house as they need to come every 12 hrs to check progress.

The pod company hit us with a 50 upcharge for delivery tomorrow - and wanted another 50 to deliver prior to 1pm - they'll pack stuff up and move it out once it arrives.

Insurance will pay for 3 nights at a hotel while they're drying us out - found one 2 exits away that welcomes our pup - so at least we have a clean, non germy, quiet place to go crash at. Sleeping in the living room tonight. Guess these machines are loud - will be interesting. Derailed my bd card making as they are tearing that room apart too. Rebuild expected to be at least 5k - thankfully I keep all my receipts and pay the deductible, but gonna be in disarray quite a while. Will be fun, I hope, to pick new wall colors and not have to put work in. May go with laminate instead of carpet - now's our chance - we're on a slab - it will take 3 days to pull moisture out of that too. Learned way more than I ever wanted to know today.

I was discombobulated due to broken fridge - this should be a barrel of fun.

My son showed up while the extraction guy was here - he said - what the heck - I said, breaking news - 10-15k repairs.

I'll keep you posted.

Went out for a nice turkey dinner tonight - only ate half.

Coughing every 10-15 min - having difficulty breathing - mold and bacteria not helping. Didn't realize how funky the house smelled til we closed it up and left it.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Val
    I know exactly what You are saying, I can not bring myself to walk past even a single penny :)
    I find it odd that I find money on the sidewalks, Does no one else pick up any money?

So next year You can get $200 total if I read Your Post correctly.

Cheers
    Roger

I earned the first $100, spread across 12-months of paychecks...to earning the other $100, I have to participate in their phone or online program because I'm still classified as obese. (I wish they paid for gym membership, but that $200 would cover the base program at planet fitness.)

My wogs are in the dark and I'm managing 3 or 4 dogs at a time...so never find money then. I only rarely find change when out and about during daylight and not in neighborhood.